Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog messing up the bed

malginger
December 21st, 2006, 10:46 AM
Hi,

I love my dog very much. But he climbs up on to the bed and hides his biscuits, behind the pillow. He also scratches himself on the bed resulting in all his hair being deposited on the sheets. Im at my wit's end. Nothing has worked so far. Can someone help?

Hunter's_owner
December 21st, 2006, 10:47 AM
Sorry, I have no advice.

To me it just sounds like a dog being a dog:shrug:

jessi76
December 21st, 2006, 11:06 AM
ummm, have you tried keeping the dog off the bed?? call me crazy, but it may just work.

badger
December 21st, 2006, 11:09 AM
PS. If you yell at him or hit him for what is normal behaviour, it will only make things worse.

Hunter's_owner
December 21st, 2006, 11:12 AM
Yes I agree. Some dogs have the instinct to hide things. This is just what some dogs do. All dogs scratch, and 99% of dogs shed. These are things that are normal dog behaviour.;)

Like Jessi said, the only way to stop these things from happening on the bed would be to train him not to get on the bed:shrug:

technodoll
December 21st, 2006, 11:14 AM
i would just close the bedroom door to keep him off the bed during the day, and also train him to sleep on HIS own dog-bed on the floor at night. or crate him in your bedroom at night, if this fails. :shrug:

Prin
December 21st, 2006, 01:41 PM
i would just close the bedroom door to keep him off the bed during the day, and also train him to sleep on HIS own dog-bed on the floor at night. or crate him in your bedroom at night, if this fails. :shrug:

I agree. Close the door.:shrug:

Does it make me the crazy one because I slept with a doggy bone in my bed for 2 months because Boo hid it there and I didn't want to violate his privacy? :o :D

btw, they say dogs hide stuff when they feel they have an abundance. I take it as a compliment.:o

TeriM
December 21st, 2006, 02:15 PM
Does it make me the crazy one because I slept with a doggy bone in my bed for 2 months because Boo hid it there and I didn't want to violate his privacy? :o :D

LOL Prin, the answer is yes :D .

LynLyn
December 24th, 2006, 12:54 AM

hehe you slept with a dog bone for two months???!?!?!

Prin
December 24th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Yeah... It was new.. I mean it wasn't half-chewed or anything... He just took it and hid it right away.:o