Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need Calorie Content for DVP's Dog Food!

ShaggyRudy
December 21st, 2006, 07:39 AM
Hi all -
Long time no chat! I've been having major computer issues in addition to being so damn busy for the holiday!
How is everyone?

So, I took our pup to a new vet this week and we love him! He suggested that I cut down on Rudy's calorie intake for a little while. The problem is, I can't for the life of me find the calorie content of the food he's eating! We're feeding him DVP's Venison & Peas dry food. The calorie info is not printed on the bag, it's not on their website either. I sent them an email this morning, but does anyone happen to know this information??!!

Thank you!
SR:confused:

springermom0406
December 21st, 2006, 07:45 AM
Hmmm interesting. It doesn't say anywhere on the site! They do have a low calorie food though you may be interested in.

Scott_B
December 21st, 2006, 08:10 AM
Maybe I'm being dumb but the only Venison & pea formula I can find is the cat food :confused:

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/catformulas/VenCat.html

I hope your not feeding that to your pup :p

ShaggyRudy
December 21st, 2006, 08:52 AM
ooops! I meant Venison & Brown Rice! We're feeding our cats the V & P!
http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dogformulas/VenDog.html

ShaggyRudy
December 21st, 2006, 08:54 AM
I think I found it by looking at the info on the website under the reduced-calorie food:

Calorie Content Metabolizable Energy = 3,065 kilocalories per kilogram (calculated) Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance® Reduced Calorie Formula Dog Food contains 18% less calories per pound than our Natural Balance® Ultra Premium Dog Food. One cup (115g) of our Reduced Calorie Dog Food contains 352 kilocalories, compared to one cup (130g) of our Ultra Premium Dog Food, which contains 485 calories; resulting in a reduction of 27% of caloric intake.

Prin
December 21st, 2006, 11:48 AM
No the ultra premium is a different food. You'd have to call them and ask.:shrug: