Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

3 yr old Shih-poo defecating in house

KarenRB53
December 20th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Hi: I've never posted before..hope I'm doing it the right way. I have a 3 yr old shih-poo that has started to poo in the house during the night. I take her for walks 2x daily and let her out quite a few times also. Her last walk is about 7pm but I always let her out before we go to bed. She's always been fine until now. Now, even though I've let her out before bedtime (she sleeps on my bed), she has been getting up in the middle of the night and peeing and pooing downstairs. What do I do? Do I need to start all over with crate training or can I just tie her out before bed until she has peed and pooped???
If I don't stand there and watch her she just cries until I let her back in. I've tried putting her on long leash outside and going back in house (its too cold to stand and watch her at night), she cries till I take her off the leash.
Help.

Hunter's_owner
December 20th, 2006, 08:39 PM
I would take her to see a vet first to rule out any health problems that may cause her to do this. If that comes out okay, and she is healthy, then I would consider crate training again to get her back into a routine.:shrug: