Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

i think my cats about ot go into labor

kathryn
December 19th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I made a thread on here about a month ago when i first reliezed she was pregnant.. Shes been to the vet and got a clean bill of health and the vet said everything should work out and there is just about no chance of any problems...

well we are expecting about 4 babies..

I'm 15 and my mom went to bed but i went in and told her about my cat.

Umm right now her belly is big and her nipples are too and she keeps crying and is very restless. she wants to be near me but seems to want to go nest in my mothers room! I'm not sure why. we have a large dog cage with a low-cut box and newspapers and sheets and food and water set up in the corner of my room. She seems interested in it and was in there laying down and scratching at the stuff.

now she will not stop crying! she is not in pain or anything but she wants to go into my mothers room for whatever reason and her having babies in there like under the bed or something is just NOT a good idea.

how do i calm my kitty down!?! she had a litter before but she is only a year old.

idk what to do about her =/ shes a tuxedo cat and her name is socks...

im sure what to do i have tons of papers on what to do but im still nervous and my mom is unsure too!

the vet said anytime around christmas ..

shes going cuckoo and is scratching at EVERYTHING argh!!

ALSO:::

I DO have another cat. 1 other cat. 6 months/male/neutered. they are good buddies but i seperated him from her once i reliezed she was acting funny. i wasnt sure if he would upset her if she went into labor or anything =/

mafiaprincess
December 19th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Why did you let your cat have now two litters at a year of age? Did you not learn anything the first time?

The board is pro spay and neuter as per the initial email to the site, and there are so many unwanted shelter kittens, it really didn't need to happen.

White Wolf
December 19th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Here is an article that might help: http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-catbirth.htm

Please call your vet if your cat is in distress.

kathryn
December 19th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Thank you!!

And as to the first reply shes a feral cat...

I moved into my house when she was about 3 months old and i found her outside and i dunno i thought it was kinda cute having an outside cat then she got pregnant when she was like 6 months and i was really only feeding her...

Then my mom said we were going to take her in about 2 months ago and we did then one night i was going outside to feed the other strays and she ran out the door and was gone for like 3 days and then came back pregnant!

after this time we are having her spayed and she is going to be strictly indoors!

mummummum
December 19th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Thank you for feeding the feral cats and I'm glad to hear you will be having her spayed after the kittens come. Good luck with the birthing.:fingerscr

kathryn
December 19th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Okay had a bit of a scare. Socks was still cleaning the first one when the other one popped out and she had a bit of pain with that one... then the first one got stuck under her butt and she got all freaked out and the second one wasn't breathing and so my mother had to intervene by moving the first one to up by her face and wiping the seconds one mouth so it could breath... it took socks a minute to relieze she had a second one and is cleaning it now...

So both kittens are breathing even though there was a little problem. Everything is going okay so far.. Only 1 left for sure maybe 2.

erykah1310
December 20th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Good luck:fingerscr

~michelle~
December 20th, 2006, 08:44 AM
good luck and keep us posted