Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

serious poop stain

~michelle~
December 19th, 2006, 09:10 PM
So we're switching Logan to EVO (so its easier all dogs on same food no more carrying 3 bags of food home) and we've been switching him slowly but he got some of Aiden's food (we need to be more vigalent when watching at meal time) so he ended up having super massive diarrhea on the carpet last night ive use "Get Serious" twice and the stains still there (grumble cheap apartment carpet holds so many stains) any suggestions on how to get this out? dont like the look of poo stains:sad:

jawert1
December 19th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Well, prior to investing in a very small Bissell hand held, I used a mix of 1 c. Oxyclean solution to 2 c. of really hot water (use gloves anyway - chemicals bad for skin). Problem wound up that the cleaned area was brighter than the non-messed spots, but with 2 dogs, it all looked the same again after a bit :p I wound up getting a small Bissell (non-heated) handheld clean machine, it uses water and their cleaning solutions, and that works like a champ. Both have worked great for me, even during Peaches "explosive" stages.

~michelle~
December 19th, 2006, 09:18 PM
hmmm i never knew there were small cleaners like that...... i was going to start saving for a full size steam cleaner!!!

jawert1
December 19th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Goodness no :) These are handy AND fit under the sink, the link below is to the model I have, off of the US Best Buy store, but just for informational purposes in case you wanted to look it up at a Canadian retailer :):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6111325&type=product&id=1065168922236

~michelle~
December 19th, 2006, 09:24 PM
thanks thats sooo much more afforadable....

jawert1
December 19th, 2006, 09:28 PM
hehehe glad I could be of help, I'd be totally lost without mine, since the regular wear and tear cleaning formula ALSO gets out bike chain grease as well as front tire shock goo (my bike is in my living room since I don't have a place to decently store it). Even the formulas are relatively cheap, and you don't have to use a whole lot. Good deal all around :)

Catzig
December 20th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Greetings!

I don't know about the serious poop stain (yet, knock on wood) but I use Woolite Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner - Pet Stain & Odor Remover on serious yack stains :yuck:. So far it has worked very well and is available from Canadian Tire.

Good luck.
Catzig
:dog: :cat: :cat: :cat:
:ca:

joeysmama
December 20th, 2006, 07:09 PM
When Joey was sick he hadn't pooped in a few days and then he had an adjustment from the chiropractor and that really got things going but Tom scooped him up and instead of heading toward he kitchen--no carpet--he went the other direction to try to get him out of the house through the family room. YUAK !!! He pretty much got a wide stipe through the whole room. And it was tarry and putrid. :yuck: We tried handwashing with all kinds of cleaners and finally ended up renting the super duper one at Home Depot. That's what did the trick.