Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Strange Behaviour

bekka_1
December 19th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Hey i was wondering if someone could help me figure something out...i am home alone alot and my 1.5 year old female chocolate lab always wants to protect me so if anyone even comes near our house she goes nuts, she barks and growls and her hackles go up but if the person she is trying to scare off comes in the house she gets scared and pees. i was just wondering if thats normal and if its not i was wondering what could be causing her to get so scared..

badger
December 19th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Have you had her since she was small or is she a rescue? Is this new behaviour? Was there some kind if crisis that she witnessed? Did someone hit her? Is it just you and the dog, or are people coming and going all day, people she doesn't know?

All of these things are important to know, before people here can help.

bekka_1
December 19th, 2006, 02:19 PM
I have had since she was 8 weeks old. We have a pretty full house but during the day its just me and her. i dont think there was any kind of crisis. i think it started when this man came in to help fix our computer at first she was really excited but then she got scared when he came near her but she didnt bark at him or anything before he came in and since then she has been scared when people she doesnt know come in the house (especially elderly people) and i was with her the entire time he was in our house so i know that he didnt hit her or anything like that.:confused: