Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Holisitc Blend Supplement

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I wanted to get some opinions on this Holistic Blend Sea Greens Supplement.
http://www.holisticblend.com/sup_seagreens.html

It was mentioned to me by a few people now and it has helped their dogs who have also scratched a lot.

I will mention it to my vet the next time I see him, but I wanted to get some opinions first.

vfrohloff
December 19th, 2006, 09:21 AM
My dogs are on it and it seems to have helped with both their breath and with Sophie's chronic ear gunk.

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks vfrohloff:)

Scott_B
December 19th, 2006, 09:55 AM
I would watch for scratching as it has flaxseed, which can cause itchies in some pups.

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Oh you are right Scott, so it does. I will have to look into that as I have heard of a lot of dogs that have scratched because of flaxseed.

Scott_B
December 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I think its like any allergy though, hit or miss. You could try it, and if it doesn't cause any scratching, then your gold.

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Yeah that is what I will do. :fingerscr that this will get rid of the scratching:)

SnowDancer
December 19th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Many of my Eskimo's acquantances are on The Missing Link. I tried him on it 3 times - working up to the recommended dose over the recommended 2 week period. It most definitely helped with his itchy skin, but at the full dose amount, his tummy became upset. I think it has to do with the vitamin mix. But it sure helped the itchies. His friends - long and short haired breeds all do well on it.

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks SnowDancer

TeriM
December 19th, 2006, 12:51 PM
The Missing Link brand contained brewers yeast (at least a few years ago) which my dog is allergic to. I have tried the other stuff (Seameal etc) and it works nicely. I always get comments on how soft her coat is. Seems worth a try to me.
Good Luck.

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks TeriM:)

Prin
December 19th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Looks a lot like the Solid Gold sea meal... That gave Boo the hiney itchies really badly. Just get the smallest tin or whatever, and try it out. With the sea meal, they wanted something like 5tbsps for Boo, but I only managed to give him 1/4 tsp before the scratching started and before Jemma would start spitting out the food.:rolleyes:

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks Prin. I am going to wait until after Christmas now before doing anything. The last thing I want with family in is for Hunter to have an itchy hiney:D