Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

don't know what's wrong with my Lily

Joni Mote
December 18th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Last Monday, Dec 11, my 18 month old yellow lab, Lily, was acting lethargic and having difficulty eating. Took her to the vet on Wednesday and he could not find anything wrong with her other then her hypersalivating. Took her back to the vet on Friday to have her sedated and make sure there was not anything caught in her throat. Her throat and wind pipe were clear. Her gums and teeth are healthy and tarter free. She is still hypersalivating and seems to have lost her ability to chew and swallow food. She has an appetite and tries her best to drink and eat. She seems to be getting back to her perky, active self but still stands with her mouth partially opened and drools. She did run/walk with me for an hour this past Sunday as well as take an hour walk with my husband. My husband and I know of no trauma to her. The vet says to let her heal herself for the next week or so. Do these symptoms ring a bell with anyone.

Rottielover
December 18th, 2006, 06:12 PM
go back to the vet have an XRAY done, either way go back to the vet

Hunter's_owner
December 18th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I agree, either bring her back to that vet, or seek a second opinion.

Angie J
December 20th, 2006, 08:49 AM
That diagnosis would not help me to sleep at night. I'd get a second opinion.

Angie

santos
December 20th, 2006, 10:57 AM
do not go back to that vet, go to another one asap

rainbow
December 22nd, 2006, 02:40 PM
How is Lily? :fingerscr Have you taken her to a different vet? It sounds like she may have got into something a little toxic.

BTW, welcome to the forum and we'd love to see pics of Lily. I have a 17 month old yellow lab.