Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cuz

Byrd
December 17th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Willow has asked her Nana for a Cuz for Christmas. She's noticed that a lot of pics posted have them in the background so they must be the in thing because it seems that all the cool doggies have them.

What I am wondering is whether they are really as strong as the package says? She tears through toys (especially squeaky toys) within a couple of hours. How will the Cuz stand up to this kind of abuse?

Hunter's_owner
December 17th, 2006, 08:00 PM
I can't find a cuz anywhere:sad: But I was also wondering the same as Byrd.

Also, will a dog who don't like Kongs like them???

Byrd
December 17th, 2006, 08:08 PM
They squeak, so that should hold the interest over a Kong.

Rottielover
December 17th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I have 3, they have all held up the chewing test. Mind you harley plays, he does not lie down and chew them....They are great, but the noise, oh boy

Byrd
December 17th, 2006, 08:13 PM
With three, I can imagine!!!

With one, it can be put away.

Hunter's_owner
December 17th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Oh Hunter likes everything that squeaks, and the weirder the squeak, the more he likes it:rolleyes:

I just wish I could find one here in Newfoundland:frustrated: I guess I will have to look online. The only big pet stores we have here are PetCetera and Pets Unlimited. I haven't been in Pets Unlimited lately as I try to avoid the place, but I haven't seen them at PetCetera.

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 08:14 PM
If she's really a bad chewer, get the huge one. The mid sized one is great too, but you may have to watch for some foot amputation... We also pop the squeaker out of the midsized ones (freaking annoying). The big one is more of a farting noise, so it's not so bad. Lily's cuz went with her today. She can live without me, but not sure she can live without her cuz.:D My doggies like the orange the best. Gonna have to buy Boo a new one tomorrow...
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20and%20Boo%20Nov%20Dec%202006/Lily/IMG_4524.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20and%20Boo%20Nov%20Dec%202006/Lily/IMG_5016.jpg

Byrd
December 17th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks.

The pic of Lily and Boo is the one she saw... darned dog peeking over my shoulder while I'm reading. :rolleyes:

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Lily is the only dog I know (until I post this and then others will creep out of the woodwork :D) who managed to take a horn off the evil cuz.:D She didn't take the feet- just a horn.:rolleyes: :D

meb999
December 17th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Cuz is BY FAR the best doggy toy I've EVER gotten Buster. When BRQ first dropped him off at my place she left him a Cuz to play with, and he's been in love ever since.

That toy takes a BEATING and is still kicking. Buster has 3 cuz, 2 of which have the squeaker pushed in (it gets real annoying after a while!!)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/meb999/iluvcuz.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/meb999/longjump.jpg

Byrd
December 17th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Cool!

I don't know if Willow could get her mouth around the large one, so the medium one probably will have to do.

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Well Jemma (60lbs) can get her mouth around the large, but just barely.

Byrd
December 17th, 2006, 08:27 PM
LOL Willow's only 38 lbs and 22" tall. She's itty bitty compared to Jemma.

meb999
December 17th, 2006, 08:35 PM
oh! And even if you push the squeaker in, most dogs still find it fascinating....I think Buster likes the way it sucks in his lips a little (where the squeaker used to be) and the squeaker rattles in ther....

He'll sit there and bite down on that toy forever!

meb999
December 17th, 2006, 08:36 PM
my dad's Springer has a medium one, it's a good size for his mouth...

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 08:38 PM
oh! And even if you push the squeaker in, most dogs still find it fascinating....I think Buster likes the way it sucks in his lips a little (where the squeaker used to be) and the squeaker rattles in ther....

He'll sit there and bite down on that toy forever!

OMG Boo too! He sits there and sucks in his lips all day. :cloud9: Just don't throw it or "squeak" it after they've been sucking it a while... (full, full, full of drool!)

jesse's mommy
December 18th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Here I go weighing in with my nightmare on a toy. Jesse ripped the leg and a horn off of it the first day. No more cuz here. :rip:

jawert1
December 18th, 2006, 01:22 PM
hehehe jessesmommy, she and simon could be twins in that aspect. anything with an appendage and/or squeaky is gutted pretty directly. i've also been wondering about trying the cuz, guess it can't hurt as long as he's monitored for the 15 seconds it'll live :p

Prin
December 18th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Well, yeah! I mean, Boo takes the feet off all the time. But I don't throw it out. The toy is still good after that- just a ball. :shrug:

I went to see about a new cuz for Boo and the medium ones have been cheapened out a lot. The feet are hollow (which is fine, because they usually chew them off right away anyway), but the rest of the rubber is a little thinner than it used to be. :shrug: Still a good toy, but not as durable as the originals.:sad:

rainbow
December 18th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Well, the boys have been getting a little better about destroying toys so I may just have to try one of these. :)

jesse's mommy
December 18th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Well, yeah! I mean, Boo takes the feet off all the time. But I don't throw it out. The toy is still good after that- just a ball. :shrug:

I had to throw it out. I decided to let her keep it after she yanked the leg and ear off (mind you I was watching her like a hawk) and she started getting fixated on the missing areas and was trying to pull chunks off.

Hunter's_owner
December 18th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I found a cuz!!!

I went to the nasty pet store, that I try to avoid, and found them there. They only had large and small, so I bought one of each and will return the one that Hunter don't want, unless Cassie wants the small and Hunter wants the big:shrug:

I was soooo excited, I really didn't think I was going to find them here, I thought I was going to have to order it online.

jessi76
December 19th, 2006, 08:11 AM
cuz balls don't last long in my house either.

first to go are the feet...

then the horns...

then any other "part" if they are fancy ones...i.e., the dino-cuz loses it's tail.

once all the parts are chewed off, then Tucker jams his tooth into the squeeker hole and breaks it.

Then he takes it outside, drops it near a poop pile, and that's it, it's tainted.

never wants it back after that. no more fun. it's smelly, broken and chewed in a matter of hours.

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Gee Tucker is quite destructive isn't he:D

Hunter will rip things off after a time, depending on the toy. But I find with stuffies, they are good until they develop a small hole, and then look out, he works very hard to start pulling all the fuzz out:rolleyes:

I hope with the cuz he won't pull their feet off:eek:

jessi76
December 19th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Tucker is a wee bit destructive... but thankfully he's good and only destroys HIS things. which is fine. toys are meant to be played with and provide fun... Tucker's toys simply provide fun for less time.

they don't "pull" feet off... they chew them off. they are pretty tough rubber, but my dog's teeth rip through them like nothing. then again, Tucker can reduce a nylabone to junk in one day....

what do you think of the squeek? keep a bottle of Excedrin handy.... ha ha...

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah, the squeaking won't get on my nerves too bad, I think am used to it as he has a big yellow gorilla type toy now that has a squeaker that sounds pretty bad as well.:rolleyes:

That's good that Tucker only destroys his things. Hunter has only done damage to a remote control over the past 6 years, and that was when he was a puppy, so I can't complain about that too much either.

Byrd
January 14th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Well, she doesn't play with it often, but she does occasionally, finally got some pics with it.

Devil dog with the Cuz:

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1237/imgp4159tr8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

"You want it, gggrrrr grab it, psych, haha, you'll never get it"

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9531/imgp4160jr9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Prin
January 14th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Very cute. :D

Hunter's_owner
January 14th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Cute pics:D

LynLyn
January 14th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Bowser loves his cuz (boink it's called here) and loves the squeaking sound, but doesn't know how to make it squeak himself so the only time it squeaks is when i squeeze it to attract his attention

Byrd
January 14th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I think Willow just thinks it's a ball, then she picks it up and it squeeks and she gets this look of shock on her face. :eek: