Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yay Duke passed Puppy Class/ Obidence level one:)

Colubridz
December 17th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Well after his 6 week course Duke graduated his puppy basic obidence class which is a very basic socialization/ introductory class to obidence and would be considered a level under the standard basic obidence class which is more suited for older puppies above teh age of 6-7 months since they have a better attention span. Anyhow in the class he learned how to sit from a standing position, going into a down position from a sit, going into a down position from a standing position, recall, sit-stay and down-stay, as well as by me/heel and we finished off the class with a few tricks including, paw, "high five" and "bow". Duke mastered all of these and our increased his sit-stay's and down-stay's from a mere 5 seconds to 30 seconds and from being able to take one step, to being able to take about 15 steps back.

Obviously over the coming months I hope to greatly improve those numbers from seconds to miniutes as his attention span improves but for a 4 month old puppy I'm very proud of him:) Were going back for his basic obidence class when he's a bit older and after he's neutered at around 6-7 months and down the road when he's a year were going to start training for agility trials as he already knows "over" and "through" and is so eager to learn/ please that I think he'll really enjoy it.

Anyways here's my little graduate:)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/exotica_reptiles16/Duke/IMG_0574.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/exotica_reptiles16/Duke/IMG_0575.jpg

Cheers
Kayla

BusterBoo
December 17th, 2006, 08:39 PM
:thumbs up Congratualtions!!!!!

Buster also finished Basic Obedience tonight and graudated with honours for "best recall from sit/stay". We got to the point where he will sit/stay and down/stay for 3 minutes, with me standing about 30 feet away.

Too bad he won't do it at home, only in class :p

mummummum
December 17th, 2006, 09:01 PM
:crazy: Congrats to Duke and Buster ! :crazy:

Colubridz
December 17th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Ha their we go now the pics are working, congrats Buster and his Mom:) You gotta post some pics of your little graduate if you get the chance.

Cheers
Kayla

mummummum
December 17th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Handsome boy ~ he looks so gosh darn proud of himself !

x.l.r.8
December 17th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Woohoo! Well done Duke! :crazy: :crazy: