Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Adds regarding hospital wait times

seeker
December 17th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Our pitbull hating Ontario government is out wasting more of our money . Anyone that has seen these adds and that has been to a doctor or hospital lately knows how misleading they are.
This morning on 680News at 5:26 on the business report there was a person from an advertizing standards corperation talking about how they have deemed the adds misleading . He stated that they first ask the advertizer to pul the adds and if they do not they go public to discredit the advertizer , like 680 was doing very early this morning when most people were sleeping.
Like usual when I hear these reports I am half asleep and not really listening when they say who these people are {it was 5:30AM Sunday} . I listened again , went to the stations website , tried to phone the station and googled for advertizing standards companies , eveything deadended . I left messages and hope to be contacted . I will continue to search and report back when/f I get something .
If anyone else has a lead or heard this please add to it .Thanks

Loki
December 17th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Here's the Globe's version:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061215.wwait15/BNStory/National/Ontario/

seeker
December 17th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks Loki that sums it up pretty good . I guess I was a bit late hearing that and maybe I should read newspapers.
Sounds like Smitherman :crazy: was getting a little hot under the collar defending himself . Looks good on the Liberals and is one more thing that can be used next fall.

wdawson
December 18th, 2006, 08:41 PM
its not just hospital wait times.......even the family doctors are making us wait.....my wife made an appointment for some tests in early nov...appointment is this friday..........a coworker made an appointment for laser cateract surgery...an out patient treatment....9 months till the next opening...

seeker
December 20th, 2006, 08:48 PM
its not just hospital wait times.......even the family doctors are making us wait.....my wife made an appointment for some tests in early nov...appointment is this friday..........a coworker made an appointment for laser cateract surgery...an out patient treatment....9 months till the next opening...

Funny you mention this . I called my doctors office today to set an appointment for a "yearly" physical . I missed mine in the summer because of holidays ,His not mine.They called me at the time but I didn't get back to them until now. I figured on the usual 6 month wait for this type of appointment.
The next available appointment is July3 2008 { 18months}. The secretary said that unless I have a specific problem which they will look after almost immediately that is the earliest I can get in.
All this service for an additional thousand$/year over what it used to cost when it took 6 months.
Mcguinty has got to go!

wdawson
December 20th, 2006, 10:57 PM
yea thats great service for our tax dollars.........if the gov where a private company and conducting business like this they would be out of business.

happycats
December 21st, 2006, 07:08 AM
according to the auditor generals report there a 300,000 more health cards then people in Ontario.
I believe if they put these 300,000 cards out of commision (something they should have done a decade ago) the wait times would drastically decrease! Just think 300,000 people (who have no right to) are tying up our doctors and emergency rooms.
People need to start screaming to thier MPP's and any other government officials who will listen, to demand manditory photo health cards for all! :evil: