Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Animal hoarding/Puppy obssesion

Daisy2943
December 17th, 2006, 03:20 AM
I believe that dogs are a life time commitment if you get a dog you keep a dog. However there are some exceptions to the rule. My Aunt and her children are puppy obssesed. My aunt has 16 huskys, you should not have that many huskies without proper socialization of this breed they are pack dogs and will team up escpially in this large number against other pets, 1 mastiff sized mutt, 3 medium sized mutts, a dachusaund, a sheltie, a lab, 2 spotted dogs, a norwegian elkhound and a pug. ALL PUPPYS ARE CUTE, If you find yourself wanting every puppy you see, don't buy them, try fostering puppies. Foster care is great, you can foster the puppies until they are adopted. You should never own that many dogs if you don't have the time for them. Don't get a new dog and forget about the old. Ill admit im a bit on the puppy obssesed side but i treat my dogs equally. In paying attention only to the puppy you create disorder among your pack it disrupts the hierarchy. Dogs need attention love and care. Please consider how much time you have and resources you have before getting a dogs.

jesse's mommy
December 17th, 2006, 09:29 AM
:sorry: Not to be rude, but I don't get this thread. You're preaching to the choir here. There's nothing that is said that people here don't already know. The majority of the members here are actively involved in rescues and already practice this on a regular basis. This is just very strange to post out of nowhere. :confused: