Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I've got TO, I've got TO!!!!!!!!!!!

RickyRiccardo
December 16th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I'm so excited, I drove 209 km (about 2 hours) this morning. I left Montreal to go all the way to Burlington, Vermont to get my hands on 4 special ordered bags of TO (3 bison and 1 lamb barley and apples) I gave my 15 months old baby (half lab half German Shep) some of the Bison Formula for her to taste when I got home...The little Devil wanted the hole bag!!!:thumbs up :D The food is not grainy, dry or even smells like that awfull salmon odor that Solid Gold Wolf King has in the new formula!!! TO smells good looks good and tastes good....Yes, I tried a kibble or two and it made me feel like a happy:dog: Wouf Wouf!!! Let's hope TO stays this way:fingerscr

RickyRiccardo

mummummum
December 16th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Wow ~ that's some excited ! I'm just glad your puppy feels the same way ! We've been Timberwolfering with Ocean Blue for the last couple of months and are quite happy with the overall results.

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Cool.. But what are you going to do when you run out? :o

mummummum
December 16th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Yet another reason to move to The Centre of the Universe Prin !

springermom0406
December 16th, 2006, 11:33 PM
When Maf came to visit and told me TO was made in Canada but was so hard to get there I was really surprised. I'm in New York and have it available at 2 stores in the area. The dogs are on the Elk & salmon formula and I'm thinking of switching the cats over too. My only complaint is they poop ALOT on it. I don't know if its because of the switch from raw to kibble or what. But it seems like a great food, their coats are staying healthy and shiny, teeth still looking great, etc.

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Yet another reason to move to The Centre of the Universe Prin !

lol NEVAR! :D

mummummum
December 16th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Nevah say Nevar Prin. This too could happen to you: I told my ex Nevah and eighteen years later... he be gone, I be here. :D

mummummum
December 16th, 2006, 11:53 PM
When Maf came to visit and told me TO was made in Canada but was so hard to get there I was really surprised. I'm in New York and have it available at 2 stores in the area. The dogs are on the Elk & salmon formula and I'm thinking of switching the cats over too. My only complaint is they poop ALOT on it. I don't know if its because of the switch from raw to kibble or what. But it seems like a great food, their coats are staying healthy and shiny, teeth still looking great, etc.

Yup...definitely more poop. But less poop than with the gerzillion of other kibble brands we've tried. Faaaarrrrr less shedding and dry skin, teeth are better as well.

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Nevah say Nevar Prin. This too could happen to you: I told my ex Nevah and eighteen years later... he be gone, I be here. :D

lol I did move to 'Ranna once. For a day. And then I moved back to the culture capital of Canada. :D

rainbow
December 17th, 2006, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=springermom0406;337789]When Maf came to visit and told me TO was made in Canada but was so hard to get there I was really surprised. [QUOTE]

Ummmm....TO is not made in Canada. Their headquarters are in Florida and their food is manufactured at one of the Diamond plants. ;)

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I thought so, rainbow, but I knew you'd come in and say it better.:)

springermom0406
December 17th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Really? Now I'm confused.

I was reading on their site they don't use Diamond to manufacture though.

From timberwolforganics.com
Is Timberwolf Organics, Inc. owned by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc.?

No. We are a private, independently owned company. At one time, Diamond Pet Foods manufactured our food; however, we have moved production to another facility owned by another company (we cannot give this information out, as it is proprietary). They specialize in manufacturing specialty formulas of pet foods and meet our high standards for exceptional quality production.

We are certain that Diamond Pet Foods, Inc. is a fine company, but to answer the above question, we have no business affiliation with them.

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Ahh, that's new. ;)

RickyRiccardo
December 17th, 2006, 12:55 AM

In 4 months, go back to Burlington and get 4 or 5 more bags I guess:shrug:

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Ummmm....TO is not made in Canada. Their headquarters are in Florida and their food is manufactured at one of the Diamond plants. ;)

Wasn't me was the dude in her local pet food store that said that. I shrugged :shrug:

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 01:01 AM

We have used all the ocean fish and are on a medium bag of elk and salmon. I'm not sure what we'll do when we run out.

mummummum
December 17th, 2006, 01:33 AM
lol I did move to 'Ranna once. For a day. And then I moved back to the culture capital of Canada. :D

Yeah ...but we don't count what's in the petri dishes here :D

(Last thread jack :sorry: :offtopic: I promise...)

rainbow
December 17th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Really? Now I'm confused.

I was reading on their site they don't use Diamond to manufacture though.

From timberwolforganics.com
Is Timberwolf Organics, Inc. owned by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc.?

No. We are a private, independently owned company. At one time, Diamond Pet Foods manufactured our food; however, we have moved production to another facility owned by another company (we cannot give this information out, as it is proprietary). They specialize in manufacturing specialty formulas of pet foods and meet our high standards for exceptional quality production.

We are certain that Diamond Pet Foods, Inc. is a fine company, but to answer the above question, we have no business affiliation with them.

As Prin said, that is new. I was going by the info I received a while from them a while ago. :o

But....I do not like this part of their reply to you:

[QUOTE]At one time, Diamond Pet Foods manufactured our food; however, we have moved production to another facility owned by another company (we cannot give this information out, as it is proprietary). They specialize in manufacturing specialty formulas of pet foods and meet our high standards for exceptional quality production. [QUOTE]

When I was originally trying to find out who manufactured their food they (Timberwolf Organics) would not disclose that information.....it was Diamond that provided it.

So, now they are saying that they "cannot give this info out, as it is proprietary" ..... and, that just doesn't sit right with me.

I think if a company stands behind their product they would be more than willing to divulge that information.

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 02:08 AM
I think she got that from their website, and not an email. But yeah, you're right, who knows who is making their food when they've been hiding it all along.:rolleyes:

rainbow
December 17th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Yeah, no doubt it came from their website because they certainly have a problem with answering emails. :(

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM
She emailed them the other day, and they didn't reply so she called. I think the info was off the site though.

springermom0406
December 17th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah I got it from the FAQ part of the website.

I called them yesterday to ask about an ingredient, left a message and they called back within 2 minutes and were very nice to respond. I emailed them a week ago with no response.

BMDLuver
December 17th, 2006, 10:36 AM
I may be wrong but I thought our local store carried it here in Beaurepaire village. I'll check with the owner when I'm next in.

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Cider got her first salmon and elk today she was going mental she wanted more.. Now I may cry when this bag is gone though.. lol.

springermom0406
December 17th, 2006, 05:37 PM
lol that is how Riley is with it. I give him his ration and he looks around for more. Woohoo!

You'll have to come back and get some ;)

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 05:46 PM
So aprilish, we''ll come bug you for over a week, your parents will be thrilled, lol.

I may run out of kibble before then though..

coppperbelle
December 17th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Which food store did you buy the food in?

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Lucas ave pet supply.. Catskill mountains area of NY.

mummummum
December 17th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I may be mistaken Mafiaprincess but I think Toronto may be a weensy bit closer than The Catskills.:p

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 10:20 PM
LOL, true enough eh. We happened to just be there and they had food I wanted. Bugs me making trips to TO for random stuff, I like to try to do everything in one trip, lol. But if she still loves this food in more than a few weeks I'll consider getting her more :)

mummummum
December 17th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I wonder if it might be worthwhile doing a little research to find out if anyone who lives in Whitby works in Toronto and could pick you up a couple of bags periodically. I'm lucky in that I buy two bags at a time and because I spend more that 100 smackeroos each trip they deliver for free. What about posting on Craigslist or Kijijji or some other like board ?

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 11:19 PM
LOL, if we ever get some snow, I will be back to working in TO.. But the weather is so pitiful right now we are starting to cancel Xmas camps. Otherwise, that is a good idea Mum. There's like a dozen things I want, I'm just not sure where to shop for to go with my expedition for dog food, lol.

mummummum
December 17th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Well mafiaprincess given that I am a devout, out and proud Shopoholic let me know if you need any tips cuz if it's a store, an outlet or a hole in the wall that sells stuff I've probably been there. :D

x.l.r.8
December 17th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I may be able to organise help, we have a few nurses from that way, I'll have to confirm, but they may well be able to deliver from Toronto. I'll ask around, there are a couple of pet owners that if they are working wouldn't mind.

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Mum? Serious shopaholic? I would like ceramic dishes of a decent size that are *pretty* and they slope outward.. and a nice rope slip lead :)
Oh and I need a grooming table, but Ontario stores are charging in the 130 range for the smallest size, lol.