Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So, how's the weather been where you are?

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 08:31 PM
I'm starting to get worried... I read things about how the alps are snowless for the first time in 500 - 1300 years. And then we almost had tornadoes here in Montreal this summer and have no snow at all now, but pouring rain and thunderstorms instead- in December!

But what if the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" was really well researched? We saw it again after the "documentary" and there are a lot of the same ideas in both....

If we're speeding everything up so much, how can we expect the change to the next ice age to be as gradual as the last time? Are we in for a crazy huge surprise? Will it be in our lifetime?

I don't know about you but when I hear thunder in the winter, I start to wonder and it freaks me out a little... :o Anybody else? :o

There are some articles here, btw:
http://dannyblair.uwinnipeg.ca/

normag
December 16th, 2006, 08:43 PM
about the rest of the world but Alberta is doing its normal thing, plenty of snow and cold.

springermom0406
December 16th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Its warm here and no snow yet... last year we had snow this time. But it was also like this about 5 years ago (we got maybe one snow storm the entire winter.. the next year we were bombarded with it) so I'm not concerned.

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Well the weather here is warm and rainy, has been for the last week.
As far as your fear of G warming Prin, I understand where you are coming from, although, I dont think that is what is happening, dont get me wrong i am aware of the damage we are doing to our ecosystem, and all of that, and fully agree that something has to be done. As well I do agree that the wonky weather that we have been experiencing the world over in the last few years makes you wonder. I dont think the world is coming to an end though, to me its more of natures way of saying stop. Stop hurting and damaging me.
Population control if you may ( dont take that the wrong way anyone, i am not saying that anyone should die because we are all being horrible in our polluting ways) I am just saying that nature has a way of balancing things out. Weather it be disease or disaster. ( IE, Sars, bird flu, tsunamis, hurricanes ect) Global warming cant be the reason for disease. And there is innevitably going to be some pandemics arising in the future....

Why you ask... There are too many of us. We are getting too advanced for our own good and something has to stop us. Before we destroy our home.
YES, the advancement of medicine has helped prolong life drastically, but perhaps the way it was before was the way it was supposed to be ( shorter life spans) No, instead we as humans want what we want when we want it, so our foods are genetically altered, hormone pumped and who knows what else so that everyone can have a turkey at christmas/thanksgiving and so on as we desire.
The human race has interfered too much with nature and nature is now peeved. We have complicated things too much...

So now that i Have touched on every subject that Prin did NOT ask about:o and said what I BELIEVE. As well as seriously threadjacked and possibly put the weather thread in jepordy of being closed, I ask that any comments be civil and respectful so perhaps one racey thread doesnt get immediately closed. :fingerscr

:sorry: to kinda thread jack so bad.

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I don't know about you but when I hear thunder in the winter, I start to wonder and it freaks me out a little... :o Anybody else? :o

Freaks me out too , but thunder freaks me out at any time of the year.:shrug:

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Global warming cant be the reason for disease. And there is innevitably going to be some pandemics arising in the future....To me it can be the reason. We've already seen the effects of warmer winters on parasites and vectors. Mosquitoes for example are moving to places they've never been before. :shrug: And they are vectors for sooooo many diseases.

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Check out the little santa movie here:
http://www.desmogblog.com/
:D

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 09:23 PM
To me it can be the reason. We've already seen the effects of warmer winters on parasites and vectors. Mosquitoes for example are moving to places they've never been before. :shrug: And they are vectors for sooooo many diseases.

Yes but the ecosystem also must be able to support them, luckily for mosquitos they can live almost anywhere. As long as there is moisture(humidity) for breeding purposes and blood for food supply. Regardless on how warm or cool it is there.

I do agree that warmer weather and environments make wonderful grounds for many viruses and parasites, however I just dont see how something so quickly spread as sars ( or mars or what ever they ended up calling it in the end) can be directly linked to global warming.:shrug:
Where as it makes so much sence that it has everything to do with over crowded population. As well as US creating these "super" viruses due to over medicating everyone, over prescribing, over dosing.... for a while EVERYONE i knew had asthma????? Everyone and their granny had puffers. Now, not so many.:shrug: I think we as humans rely too much on medications and have lost touch with natural ways of healing. There are some really good remedies out there if we took the time.

I still maintain that there is no explanation for what is happening and it is easy to point to things like GW or over population of the world ( which totally go side by side)
No one would like to admit that they dont have a clue why things like this are happening ( scientists especially)
I believe that every action produces a reaction. But I also believe that there is some greater force out there that decides when enough is enough ( im not talking GOD's or anything like that, i dont know what it is) or instead of using force perhaps a cycle:shrug: :confused: I dont know.
However we will never understand how the world works no matter how hard we try, we just arent supposed to know it is all.

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Oh, no, I don't disagree with you about SARS and other possible epidemics. Those are happening, with or without warming. But add on to that the effect warming has on spreading the territory of vectors. :shrug:

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 09:31 PM
All in all we as humans are destroying our world with wanting things faster, better and bigger... we should all go back to the way things were lets say 80 years ago. not take anything back with us, live the way we were prolly meant to live.:shrug:
My opinion;)
I would be happier living maybe 70 years in all over living to be 110 and watching my family and friends suffer with horrible things such as cancer.

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 09:36 PM
lol now back to warming.:D

I was thinking, those big freezing storms in the movie (day after tomorrow) seemed so unrealistic, but a couple of winters ago we went from something like +10 to -20 in 4 hours... So if that's on a normal day, what will it be on a catastrophic day?

Stacer
December 16th, 2006, 09:40 PM
the weather here as been very unseasonally warm and wet. I heard on the news the other day that this is the first December on record that has been this warm so late into the month. And not just warm by a degree, but warmer by many degrees. I agree with Prin that warmer weather is indeed affecting disease. Many diseases that we've never seen before in our latitude are now occurring with more frequency, ie: West Nile Virus (named for the Nile River in Africa:D, a very hot, mosquitoe infested continent). Mind you this particular disease may not cause as much sickness and death here as in the developing world, but it's here nonetheless, which indicates to me that something is wrong that a tropical disease is occuring so far north.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the warm weather while it lasts, I work outdoors so the longer it stays warm the better for my poor toes.

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Only time will tell Prin.:shrug:

K, bout the whole ice caps melting in the arctic ( or where ever they are melting) isnt the ice in the antarctic increasing?
Couldnt it be a tilt with the earths axis? causing weather to fluctuate to different areas? Perhaps one day Mexico and places like that will be the new Canada ( weather wise) where as we could end up with their weather??

Or perhaps our orbit path is leading us closer to the sun, innevitably causeing earth to over heat and all life as we know it could die off? Where as life could start up on another planet??? who is to say there wasnt life on one of the closer planets trillions and trillions of years ago, but they merely burnt up because of changes in the orbit???

This is soooooo reminding me of college days discussions. :D

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I mostly agree with what Erykah is saying. The weird weather stuff has been happening forever and we are only mainly aware of what's been happening since they started keeping records.

The weather is absolutely crazy in B.C. this year. I posted in another thread already that I read somewhere that the "big earthquake" off the west coast would be preceeded by a couple of years of wild weather. I'm glad I don't live on the coast anymore. :o

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Not sure that the ice is growing in Antarctica... From the penguins' point of view it certainly isn't.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5233312.stm

And this:
http://www.climatehotmap.org/antarctica.html

Maybe by growing, they accidentally are referring to things like this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4094815.stm

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Good links Prin,

Here is one that is sure to freak you out even more....http://www.everybodysweather.com/Static_Media/Polar_Ice_Cap_Melter/index.htm

It only shows the ice in that region.... anyway, again, weather and melting of ice has only been recorded for not many years.. how can we say that what is happening right now didnt happen before:shrug: we cant.

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Global warming or natural patterns, nothing absolves us of our responsibility to consume less and put less pressure on the earth. Nobody doubts the origins of smog, right?

Oh and yeah, scaaaarrryyyy!! :eek:

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Geez, that whole site is scary! :eek:

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 11:00 PM
No youre right Prin, nothing absolves us of our responsibility to consume less and put less pressure on the earth. And yes, smog, created by us.

you are a firm believer in scientology arent you prin? I take bits and pieces of both science and religion, because if you really take the time and read up on both views with an open mind one could easily see that the same message is there.

From day one humans have started to destroy the land, and it is going to be our ignorance and destruction that inevitably lead to the end of our species, however we will no matter what take all other species down with us. Its in our nature. I dont mean to say that ALL of us are destroying our planet purposely, however we all are no matter how much we believe we are doing our part.

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Actually, I'm more into animism and things like that with science. But that's a different discussion.:D

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Yeah whole new thread indeed...

Here's some more stuff to scare you.;)

http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

Many many possiblitlies....

Again though, back to global warming..... Sorry, keep kinda thread Jacking:sorry:

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 11:23 PM
lol better threadjacking than a battle to the death.:D

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I really think we should just have spared the forum with our battle of the same basic opinion and exchanged msn's or something, no one else is inputting anything:D :rolleyes:
Which really suprises me, i thought for sure this thread would have gotten closed by now.:eek:

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 11:30 PM
lol it's been a slow day.:D

Rick C
December 16th, 2006, 11:32 PM
about the rest of the world but Alberta is doing its normal thing, plenty of snow and cold.

A bit south of Calgary the snow is fairly spotty again after a warm spell . . . .

We had a very brown Christmas last year, which isn't that unusual around here . . . . the mountains tend to hang up any precipitation.

Abby and my brother Kenn on a walk today, the disappearing snow evident . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0062-edit1.jpg

In a sheltered part of the forest, Keeper and Abby jump for a discarded bee's nest . . . . good thing its winter. They love to eat bees and wasps in the summer and even though they get stung occasionally in the mouth, they still do it.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0049-edit1.jpg

Carol and I are having brunch at Lake Louise on Sunday . . . . and shopping our way back via Banff and Canmore, looking for a suitable birthday present for her . . . . should be lots of snow at Louise.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 11:35 PM
I cant see any new posts:confused: :shrug: I know theyre there, but not for me.:sad:

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 11:35 PM
ooo Rick, don't forget to take some pics! :) :fingerscr

Stacer
December 17th, 2006, 08:43 AM
We may not have written records of weather patterns and melting glaciers and ice caps, but it is amazing how science can fit it all together by the physical evidence the natural world leaves behind to tell us what happened thousands of years ago.

BMDLuver
December 17th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Totally off topic but I love Canmore! Enjoy Lake Louise, Mrs Rick sounds like a very lucky lady.

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 02:15 PM
We may not have written records of weather patterns and melting glaciers and ice caps, but it is amazing how science can fit it all together by the physical evidence the natural world leaves behind to tell us what happened thousands of years ago.

Yes it definitely is. So much history is written all over, and I think we're only getting part of it now so imagine in the future when technology advances....

Schwinn
December 18th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I think that, while global warming is definitely real, it's not as bad, or as responsible, as some would have us believe.

Just as an example, the hole in the ozone layer. When that was first discovered, it scared the willies out of me. They had predicted that it was going to cover most of the hemisphere by the time we reached mid-century. Then, it was, "Oh, wait. It's actually fluctuating". The last I heard was that they actually think it's been there for a lot longer than originally thought, perhaps it's always been there, opening up to varying degrees throughout history.

Also, the current warm weather I think is actually a perfect example as to how global warming is not fully responsible. Last year on this day, Toronto hit -10. Global warming is not responsible for a that big of a difference in one year. Just last night, my father-in-law was reminiscing about one Christmas when he lived in Barrie (at least 25 years ago) where the weather was like this, everyone wearing golf shirts on Christmas day. The year I lived in Orillia, and they thought Lake Couchaching wasn't going to freeze, a lot of people were talking about global warming. Then one old timer told me about the winter in the 1920's when his dad didn't ice-fish all winter, because the lake never froze. Ironically, the year I lived there, it did freeze, albeit fairly late.

The other thing I find funny is how I hear a lot of people talk about global warming, then talk about "the warmest day in 50 years"...wait a minute, if it's the warmest day in 50 years

Naysayers point to cyclical weather, and how thousands of years ago the entire earth was humid, then most of it was covered in glaciers and ice. Doomsayers tell us it's all because we destroyed the enviroment. Personally, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. So what's that mean? I'm going to do my part for the enviroment, and not lose sleep over it.

technodoll
December 18th, 2006, 10:54 AM
i, for one, don't mind this abnormally warm weather at all :o makes life all-around easier this busy travel time of year IMO.... but i would feel like something is missing if we don't get a few snowstorms this year. canadian winters mean snow, we need snow! well the doggies do, they never have to shovel or wear 6 layers of clothes to go out :D

Golden Girls
December 18th, 2006, 11:01 AM
I need snow ... it's coming :fingerscr

Rottielover
December 18th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I love the snow, and I for one am praying for it, especially for xmas

Hunter's_owner
December 18th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I love the snow too, but I am also enjoying the driving freedom I have right now, and the fact that I don't have to shovel.

It freaks me out a little, all the weird weather things that have been going on, :shrug: who knows whats behind it all.

I do remember about 3 or 4 years ago on Christmas day here in Newfoundland it was almost 10 degrees or so. I remember it because one of my friends was washing his car with a tee shirt on:eek:

Newfoundland's weather is so variable from day to day though with the marine moderating effect that we are used to such highs and lows.

Prin
December 18th, 2006, 11:59 AM
They say this year will be another "el nino" year... The last major el nino year, we had the ice storm here (and a really crappy "winter"). So here's hoping that we don't lose power for 10-15 days again. :fingerscr

Frenchy
December 18th, 2006, 12:03 PM
I love the snow too, but I am also enjoying the driving freedom I have right now.

Same goes for me.

erykah1310
December 18th, 2006, 12:07 PM
They say this year will be another "el nino" year... The last major el nino year, we had the ice storm here (and a really crappy "winter"). So here's hoping that we don't lose power for 10-15 days again. :fingerscr

That ice storm must have been scary, I remember hearing about it, most of my uncles were sent there with Hydro to help. I read the book about it and remember the pictures and how freaky they were.
:fingerscr Im hoping nobody gets any ice storms or anything that causes 10-15 day power losses.

*I was outside with shorts on with the dogs earlier, was kinda weird*

AliSam
December 18th, 2006, 12:07 PM
I despise driving in the snow. I am absolutely thrilled there hasn't been any snow here. I would like white Christmas but I guess you can't get everything in life. I remember my hubby played golf 2 or 3 years ago on December 29. He hasn't done that lately.

Prin
December 18th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I remember a few years ago I went snowboarding with my bro on his birthday in mid-november.... Those were the days!

Yeah, the ice storm sucked, but it gave me an appreciation for freezing rain. Now nobody I know is allowed to go out when freezing rain is forecasted.;)

Hunter's_owner
December 18th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah we had an ice storm here in the early 90s. Most of the power was gone for 10 days or so, ours was gone for more than 2 weeks. When my dad's sister got power back we stayed at her house until we got ours back. It was fun back then for us because we were young. School was closed for all that time, and there was snow down too, so it was a lot of winter fun. But when I think back now, OMG:eek: it was terrible.

erykah1310
December 18th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah, the ice storm sucked, but it gave me an appreciation for freezing rain. Now nobody I know is allowed to go out when freezing rain is forecasted.;)

Triangles...:frustrated: I cancel all plans when the weather network forcasts triangles.:o

Prin
December 18th, 2006, 12:28 PM
lol Triangles.:D

HO, it is bad. While I remember all the bonding and roughing it that everybody had to do (the birth rate in Qc shot up after the ice storm, reer), it was hard, and cost a lot of money for different reasons...

Hunter's_owner
December 18th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Yes I am pretty sure there was a mini baby boom here in NL 9 months after that ice storm as well:D
I do remember the roughing it, but at 10 and 11, it was more like an adventure to us kids.:o

technodoll
December 18th, 2006, 12:33 PM
better be no ice storm and loss of power... can you imagine me emptying a chest freezer's worth of raw meat?! and lugging it WHERE? :yell: :eek: :o

Prin
December 18th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Nowhere techno. Get a generator.;)

technodoll
December 18th, 2006, 12:35 PM
can't hook a generator up in my appt... all the wiring is down in my landlord's old musty cobwebbed basement :frustrated:

:pray: no icestorms, just snow and a regular winter plleeeease! :pray:

Hunter's_owner
December 18th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah thats what a lot of people did here after that ice storm.
I remember my Aunt owned a grocery store and had lots of ice cream to give away, because it was all melting.

So she gave a lot to me and my friends. We wanted to keep it as long as we could so we buried it in the snow.:eek: Little did we know, but snow insulates, so most of the delicious ice cream melted anyway:( :frustrated: :o

Prin
December 18th, 2006, 12:38 PM
ooo it's going to snow on Saturday, they say...:fingerscr

jawert1
December 18th, 2006, 01:26 PM
It's 72F here in the greater Washington metro area. I'm thoroughly annoyed by this weather, my allergies are nonstop since there's not a plant, mold or OTHER (nods towards the furries that rule my life) that isn't utterly confused and sprouting or blowing their winter coats. I'm going to have to get Peaches a jacket, as the forecast is now set for much colder weather on the horizon in the next few weeks. Anyone who doesn't believe in global warming, this is NOT typical for VA in December. Nor was the winter 3 years ago when we got 4 feet of snow in one week. It's likely too I'm more annoyed by the fact that I'm vacuuming daily rather than every other, what with the holiday stress :frustrated:

technodoll
December 18th, 2006, 01:38 PM
is THAT why maika started to blow her coat a few days ago... greeeaat... just in time for the holiday visits... :frustrated: ok where is the snow, already??

Rick C
December 18th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Temperature here in Calgary is going to rocket upwards the next few days . . . . we're probably looking at the second straight brown Christmas.

We were at Lake Louise yesterday though and mounds and mounds of snow . . . maybe a picture tonight, but gloomy.

Just outside the mountains, coming to Calgary, total brown-out.

An interesting story:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061218/white_christmas_061218/20061218?hub=TopStories

The probability of seeing a White Christmas in the 1960s was:
Calgary: 73 per cent
Charlottetown: 93 per cent
Edmonton 100 per cent
Toronto: 60 per cent
Montreal: 80 per cent

The chances have dropped across the board, and in the past decade the probabilities are:
Calgary: 47 per cent
Charlottetown: 67 per cent
Edmonton: 73 per cent
Toronto: 33 per cent
Montreal: 67 per cent

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
December 18th, 2006, 02:23 PM
:( That's just sad.

jawert1
December 18th, 2006, 06:01 PM
is THAT why maika started to blow her coat a few days ago... greeeaat... just in time for the holiday visits... :frustrated: ok where is the snow, already??

you should see the lovely fur coat i'm sporting on my pantlegs, from the mid thigh down. fawn color mixed with white pointer hair is just sooooooo attractive this time of year! :thumbs up

technodoll
December 18th, 2006, 06:42 PM
he he... "don't wear black velvet" :D

~michelle~
December 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM
we had like uber snow one day then it all melted.... :( I WANNA GO SNOWBOARDING

Rick C
December 18th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Here's some snow for everyone who misses it . . . . Lake Louise, Alberta yesterday morning, Sunday . . . . minus 13 Celcius but fine for skating. . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0020-edit1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

brandynva
December 19th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Like peach's ma, I'm in VA and we have had unusually high temperatures. It's been nice not to have to wear a coat and start the car in the mornings. On the flip side, it's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it's like summer outside. It also gives one a taste for spring and it's still soooo far off. We were supposed to get 20 inches of snow over the course of the winter, but I don't know when! Maybe in January. Then we get more days off of school! :thumbs up

Prin
December 19th, 2006, 01:07 PM
So Christmas might not be white. It never is in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, etc. And besides, it just snowed! (OK, a quarter of a centimeter, but it's still snow!)That's called a "dusting". When it doesn't stick to the grass and only the shady areas? Dusting. And this girl is not satisfied with a Christmas dusting.

I'm dreaming of a white and brown but mostly brown Christmas...

Nope, it just doesn't work.:D

Rottielover
December 19th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I want snow, I want snow I want snow....does that work......:( we need snow for xmas, or it just is not christmas

Skryker
December 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM
We've had very, very light flurries the last 2 days-just enough to keep me hoping for a white Christmas. :fingerscr

chico2
December 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Well,no snow yet:sad:
My lawn is muddy and my Hydrangea and Lilacs are looking like they want to bloom,not good:evil:
Other plants feel like it's spring,this is totally screwed up:frustrated:

erykah1310
December 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
We had about 5 flakes yesterday:o does that count as snow:o

Oh funny story in a thread jack kinda way, sorry.
I had this buddy in highschool, who was of the "space cadet" clique :D and he was REALLY gullable... the weather network was forecasting 100% chance of snow that night and we were on the subject of snow, while chilling out at the park, so i told him that i was from a long line of snow dancers and could make it snow just by doing an inherited dance, he didnt believe me at first...
SO i started dancing around like a freak:crazy: and continued for a bout 5 minutes or so, sure enough, just to help my fruadulant claims it started to snow a bit a few minutes later ( phewf)

He was sooooo freaked out. It was hilarious, It took me HOURS to convince him i had nothing to do with the snow fall, that it was actually a guaranteed thing for that night.

End thread jack.

brandynva
December 19th, 2006, 03:47 PM
We very very rarely have a white Christmas. It's a brown brown Christmas with the doors propped open cuz it's so hot in the house from cooking. As a matter of fact, I remember one semi white, mostly icy Christmas in the last several years or so...

Golden Girls
December 19th, 2006, 04:55 PM
It snowed this morning for about 1/2 hour huge huge flakes. It's coming ...

Frenchy
December 19th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I concentrate on other's people decorations. Makes me feel like the holidays are here,even tough we have no snow , what else can we do right ? :shrug:

Frenchy
December 19th, 2006, 07:55 PM
It's snowing right now ! In Sherrington anyway.

jawert1
December 19th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I don't care if you can't send snow, but can you at least send the cold, clean, Canadian subzero air down here please?!?!!? Anyone?!!?! Buehler!!?!?!

sorry I'm whiney, but my allergies are killing me, and causing my dog's trauma, for I do not sneeze gently into that good night

Frenchy
December 19th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I don't care if you can't send snow, but can you at least send the cold, clean, Canadian subzero air down here please?!?!!? Anyone?!!?! Buehler!!?!?!

You won't get any from here ! The fields behind my house are soooo muddy. Not cold enough. The man on the radio said this (this morning) ; pretty cold this morning people,-2C*. What the heck was he talking about , it's suppose to be -20C* right now !

Prin
December 19th, 2006, 09:32 PM
LOL Bueller... Bueller... Anyone? :D

It was nice today. Just frozen enough to not be mucky.lol

Snowed for about 3 minutes tonight... Hailed for about 1.5 minutes this afternoon... sigh.

mafiaprincess
December 20th, 2006, 12:59 AM
We have no snow.. The dew point right now is low enough to make snow, but the temp is too high, and the don river too warm..

I've been laid off dec 27-29th so far.. and kids are going to be being called starting tomorrow to cancel their ski camp..

Rate things are going, I'm wondering if camp jan 1-5th is down he drain too..

I have freaking patrol training to do and get certified for.. with no snow as well.. yikes..