Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

KFC chicken bones

mafiaprincess
December 16th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Having a miserable day in the company of my grandparents who couldn't leave me alone.. They left our kitchen a mess as they left.. Let Cider go I followed after her, she grabbed a piece of KFC bone.. I put my fingers down her throat and pulled what I could touch along with what was in her mouth out and got a decent amount of bone fragments out.. I fed her a piece of bred to maybe cushion what was left..

Short of watching for any signs that's she's not herself and rushing her to the vet is there any more I can do?

jesse's mommy
December 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Jesse did this, but she pulled the chicken wing bones out of the trash and buried them in the sofa and ate a few too. :frustrated: The vet said to watch for blood in the stool, diarrhea, throwing up, not wanting to eat (sign of blockage) and if she was lethargic. If any of this happens, bring her in, otherwise it just has to pass. Sucks doesn't it?

mafiaprincess
December 16th, 2006, 08:50 PM
I am so so so a*al about what is around.. my parents are packrats, and I try so hard to have the house as dog proof as I can keep it..

It sucks large, and I'm freaking.. This hasn't ever happened before.. Least I'm not the only one, right. Least I know what to look for, thanks hun.

jesse's mommy
December 16th, 2006, 08:52 PM
No problem, I think we all go through this at one time or another. I'm like you, I don't leave things around, however, Daddy isn't quite as careful as me. I have two children (Daddy and Jesse) to pick up after on a regular basis.

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 09:12 PM
It happens to everybody... One year Boo went onto the table and took a turkey wing... It took 2 of us to get his mouth open...:o

Just :fingerscr it passes properly.

mummummum
December 16th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Awwww Cider... here's to easy, smooooooooth "sailing" kiddo.:fingerscr

rainbow
December 17th, 2006, 03:04 AM
How's Cider? :fingerscr

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Nothing's happened yet, good or bad. No attempted puke or poop.

Frenchy
December 17th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Good luck Cider :fingerscr

mafiaprincess
December 17th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Pooped this morning 2 piles.. Was unusually small poop.. but it wasn't liquid or mushy.. Didn't see anything that looked like bone pieces though.