Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update on Miss CJ!

socmoe
December 16th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone - all in all she is doing well (I have thought a few weeks before Christmas is probably not the best tiime to adopt a needy dog but.....). She is so lovable and worth the extra effort. We have worked up to one hour of ehr being alone and she is okay. The biggest concern is that the stitches she had when the benign cysts were removed split open day #4 we had her so I spent the night at animal hospital with her and they were restitched. So keeping the ecollar on her and keeping her quiet has been a challenge but so far so good and the stitches have been removed and looks good! The shelter staff have been working closely with me which is great.

Somehow this week she got out of my car! I locked all 4 doors and even double checked from the outside - they were locked. She must have nudged the door open with her ecollar!!! :crazy: Thank God a person found her and called the vet (#on collar) and the vet called my cell phone to tell me!! As of then I tie her inside my car if I have to take her somewhere!! Thanks for support and I will keep in touch! Mauren

BMDLuver
December 16th, 2006, 06:22 PM
awwww that second photo is adorable. She looks well worth the effort.... who could resist those soulful eyes.

Frenchy
December 17th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Look at those eyes ! Lots of yummy treat coming to her :D Please post more pics, have a thread for her on the picture thread.

Hunter's_owner
December 19th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Very cute:)

Is there a way that you could crate her if you leave her behind in the car? If you tie her on inside the car is there a way that the leash can get tangled around things? This can be very dangerous.

jessi76
December 19th, 2006, 09:01 AM
awww she's adorable! thanks for the update!

I do agree w/ hunter's owner though... a crate in the car sounds like a GREAT idea.

jawert1
December 19th, 2006, 11:00 AM
What a cutie, glad to see she's settling in really well :)