Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

possible obstruction( seen vet)

Rottielover
December 16th, 2006, 04:25 PM
I just got back from the vet after Harley vomited alittle blood along with water for poop. just spent 430$ at the vets office, and 3 x rays later Harley has a possible obstruction. Gave him the white stuff, and showed was not passing completely. Have to go back again tomorrow morning to see if completely passed, if not surgery...
his stomache is so bloated, with gas, they gave him flagisil.
He still has energy, I am crossing fingers for him.
Needless to say, never again...Only raw without bones...I will keep you posted.

chico2
December 16th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Rottielover,so sorry,if it's not one thing it's the other,I keep my:fingerscr that Harley does not need surgery,poor baby and you:love:

BMDLuver
December 16th, 2006, 04:32 PM
I gather he didn't go to the DMV? as the usual method is an ultrasound. Unless it's metal, xrays will not show much. $90 and $350 for a cost of $440 would most likely have given you an immediate answer. It's not a criticism just pointing out that sometimes the DMV is the best solution and most cost effective when dealing with something like this. For future reference for other such circumstances it's some knowledge to share.

I hope Harley is fine and it passes for him. :fingerscr

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Oh, poor harley.:sad: I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything passes and no surgery is needed. :fingerscr
:grouphug: for you and Harley.

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I gather he didn't go to the DMV? as the usual method is an ultrasound. Unless it's metal, xrays will not show much. $90 and $350 for a cost of $440 would most likely have given you an immediate answer. It's not a criticism just pointing out that sometimes the DMV is the best solution and most cost effective when dealing with something like this. For future reference for other such circumstances it's some knowledge to share.

I hope Harley is fine and it passes for him. :fingerscr

I see a reference to "DMV" all the time.... what is it???? I asked before but didnt get a response and it really bothers me:o I think Department of Motor Vehicles every time i see it.
Sorry to threadjack again.:(

pitgrrl
December 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Unless it's a total coincidence of something else being named the same thing, it's a 24hr emergency vet clinic in Montreal.
http://www.centredmv.com/fr/

BMDLuver
December 16th, 2006, 04:44 PM
That would be right. Certain instances it ends up being cheaper in the long run. They have almost all equipment needed in an emergency situation. They are very good about working with rescue.. our file is pretty large there as inevitably something goes wrong on a holiday and we aren't able to wait regular vet hours.

Rottielover
December 16th, 2006, 05:07 PM
problem, I have NO MONEY, my vet allows me to make payments, this was my only option. Thank you for the concerns, I will keep you all posted .

BMDLuver
December 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM
DMV has an immediate credit application that you can fill out when there. Just in case someone hesisates about going there. I've been lucky as I got pet insurance but I know others who have used the pet credit app and it's helped tremendously.

Skryker
December 16th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Poor Harley! He just can't seem to get a break. :sad:

:fingerscr that everything goes well, and :grouphug: :grouphug: for you and Harley.

cpietra16
December 16th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Oh no, not Harley...I hope whatever it is will pass without problems:fingerscr

Rottielover
December 16th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Thank you BMD, I had no clue.....Now I know, if things do not better, will find out 8:30 am.....

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah, the DMV is all about service.:shrug: Good luck to Harley.

mummummum
December 16th, 2006, 08:55 PM
:fingerscr for Harley... poor little pup.

Frenchy
December 16th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I'm so sorry rottielover, good luck tomorrow morning :fingerscr

rainbow
December 17th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Positive thoughts coming your way :pray: .....keep us posted. :fingerscr

Rottielover
December 17th, 2006, 10:55 AM
It has moved.....to lower intestine....so no sugery today.....I Have to watch for vomiting still. If he is not drinking much still, have to bring him back tomorrow...Not out of the woods yet. But looking better...
They wanted me to feed the high protein stuff from them, I said no, I will just feed what he is used to, small amounts.

mummummum
December 17th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Hoping it will keep on moving ~ :grouphug: Harley ! And you too Rottielover:grouphug: !

Frenchy
December 17th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Will keep thinking about you two :fingerscr

TeriM
December 17th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Fingers and paws crossed for a happy, non-surgical outcome for Harley :pray: .

Rottielover
December 17th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Ok, I have the best news....He has not been drinking, right....
Anyways this evening I mixed his raw diet in with his dry kibble, addd water, made it like a soup. Well he drank it. Then he drank some more water after....He is on the road to recovery I think.
Still feeding in small amounts to be certain But it looks good

Hunter's_owner
December 17th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Sounds great so far. So scary though:(
:fingerscr That everything stays good:)

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2006, 07:42 PM
That's really good news! The Pack has its :pawprint: s crossed for Harley's quick recovery!

joeysmama
December 17th, 2006, 08:09 PM
You must have been so relieved to see him eat that soup. I'm so glad. Saying prayers for more good things to happen !!:pray:

Rottielover
December 17th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Yes I was..... He even played alittle bit after it, so I believe it did help......Keeping my fingers crossed that it will still pass

technodoll
December 17th, 2006, 08:53 PM
oh man, i just saw this... poor harley! what awful luck he's having (or rather, lack of luck!) i'm glad it seems to be passing and please keep us posted... and no more knucklebones for this big chewer, LOL! :dog:

Rottielover
December 17th, 2006, 09:30 PM
NO MORE BONES at all. Not going through this again ever. He will get his crushed bone in his raw diet, that is all. Poor thing.