Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Island - Free Forever... Is this for real?!?!

gomez
December 16th, 2006, 04:54 PM
You take your dog here and set it free forever....

Anyone know about this?

http://www.thedogisland.com/index.html

chico2
December 16th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Gomez,I actually read about Dog-Island quiet a while ago and I am not sure how I feel about it:confused:
The dogs will turn feral,I am sure and I am also sure many will be killed.
But if I could save all the dogs in China from beeing eaten and skinned alive for their fur,it might be a good place to take them:dog:

Kristin7
December 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM
This is not for real. I found this awhile back and recall that it is fake, but can't remember where I looked to determine that. It's kind of a nice idea, though. Maybe parents tell their kids this is where the missing family dog went?

jesse's mommy
December 16th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Fake:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/dogisland.asp

chico2
December 16th, 2006, 05:39 PM
See how gullible I am,I believed it,oh well,never too old to learn:D

Stacer
December 16th, 2006, 06:00 PM
There's a disclaimer at the bottom of the page it says:
DISCLAIMER:
This site was made in jest, for fun for love of dogs and for love of life.
You are to take NO actions, make NO decisions based on the content of this website.
In other words, we are not responsible for ANYTHING you do. If I could make this any clearer to you, I would. You can't blame us for ANYTHING. You can't be mad at us for ANYTHING. The only point for you on this website is to enjoy yourself. And if you don't enjoy yourself, you absolutely canNOT blame us for this lack of enjoyment - it is completely your fault.
We are selling nothing, we want nothing from you, not your personal information, not your credit card, not your dog, not your money... NOTHING. We have asked you for nothing, we will continue to ask you for nothing, so please, make sure to NOT GIVE IT TO US, as we will not accept it.
To all friendly, kind, loving people, who don't find a need to blame other people for any and everything, thank you for your time, sorry if you read this and felt unloved - WE LOVE YOU !!! :::))))

Kinda stupid, the site was probably made by some kids.

gomez
December 17th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Oh phew...

I thought it was actually kind of mean - your dog is used to a cushy lifestyle and the BAMM! fend for yourself buddy!

I searched for a disclaimer but didn't find any...

Thanks

ByronsDad
December 19th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Somebody (or somebodies) has (have) waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much time on their hands to put together a site like that. I thought they might be serious until I read the FAQ section. Kinda makes you giggle. Thatís right, Iím a man, and I giggle. ;)

erykah1310
December 19th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Teee heee, a giggling man :D

Sorry off topic... and i couldnt resist. its ok Byrons dad, it makes you more of a man that you can admit it.:thumbs up

Now off to check out the site under review.:D

Byrd
December 19th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I've seen this before too. It's kinda sad really to think of leaving your dog and 'maybe' seeing it again. :(

Would be great for all the homeless dogs out there though.

Golden Girls
December 19th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Chico, you make me laugh :angel:

ILUVDOGS
December 20th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Oh thank God this is bull!!! But before seeing that post, this paragraph that I found on their site REALLY ticked me off! :mad:

Dogs never want to leave the island once they experience it, so you will not be able to have your dog again. You can come to the public visiting days, they are three times a year. Sometimes, someone sees their dog again. Usually the dog has either forgotten them, or has grown to resent all the years of captivity. Even with the sweetest relationship, it was always wrong for the dog to not be free.

Mocha's mum
December 21st, 2006, 10:47 AM
Just goes to show that you can find anything on the internet. Mocha wouldn't make it too long out there....not with his back. And he's too needy....:D He wouldn't be able to survive without all the hugs and cuddles :crazy: