Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Generousity of a stranger

Rottielover
December 16th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Because of a stranger my daughter is the happiest girl in the world.
I was on craigslist offering her old dance mat. Anyways a woman came today to pick it up. we spoke for a few moments,. She met my daughter, Kayla showed her the artistic thing she made. Then she left.
1 hour later I get a phone call by the same woman, she asked me if I was going to be home. I said sure. She comes up and suprised both of us, she bought my daughter a playschool eisel, 100 pcs, and a 37 key keyboard. Microphone and all. For ages 5 and up. I was in shock. Not only that, she also bought her a gaurdian angel to hang over her bed.
I did not know what to say but thank you so much, Kayla gave her a hug, and made her cry.
My daughter has not left the new toy all day. I appreciate all these things because they are things I can not afford for my daughter....I was crying of happiness which made her day even better.
This woman will be bringing her son over, and they can play together.

I just wanted to share with people.....

Writing4Fun
December 16th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Just when you think the human race is doomed, something like this happens to restore your faith in humanity. :angel:

wdawson
December 16th, 2006, 02:38 PM
yea not all humans are crap.....i'm glad this made you and your daughters day....happy holidays to you both:)

chico2
December 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Rottielover,what a wonderful surprise for you and your daughter,there are great people out there,unfortunately we only hear of the very bad ones.
I too got a heartwarming surprise yesterday,my son in Alberta sent me a huge bouquet(sp?)of flowers,with just a card saying"I love you mom!"

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Great story! :) Yey for Christmas people!

Frenchy
December 16th, 2006, 10:27 PM
That was so nice ! It is ashame that we usually hear about the bad people , they are some good people too ! And Chico2, how nice of your son, I sure hope my bro was half as nice to my mom !

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 10:35 PM
It's so great to hear stories like this. :thumbs up

Call it "karma", "the golden rule" or "what goes around comes around". It's probably time you deserved something but everyone just has to remember to "pass it on". :o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 16th, 2006, 11:59 PM
aww that is so nice of that women to give that to your daughter - I am sure she will really enjoy it. Hope the playdate goes well. :D
my turn to share :)
My kids want a ninento wii for xmas this year a present from uncles, aunt, grandparent and santa combined maybe...but today actually my older son surprised me cause he started asking me what charity is - and if some kids dont dont have enough toys - so he actually wanted to give something to them. So he said we could buy the wii and then donate it to charity.:angel:

LibbyP
December 17th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Rottielover, that is a very touching story one I'm sure you and your daughter will never forget, the kindness of others can be overwhelming at the best of times but closer to Christmas it touches the heart in a VERY special way.

chico2, it's wonderful to receive 'just because' surprises

JECM, children have the kindest hearts ~ take great pride that they learned it from their family (you are a good role model)

Not only at Holiday season should we think of those that have less than us, it's very easy for us to get so caught up with our own busy lives, and it only takes a minute to be kind to another ~ you never know that minute may have changed someones life forever. Thank you :grouphug: