Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found, female tabby

Karbour
December 16th, 2006, 11:06 AM
We have been adopted by a full grown, friendly female cat. She is wearing a pink flea collar and has been declawed. She is unique because she has only two toes on her left paw. She is a black and grey tabby with a white belly, chest, and socks, with white around her nect and on her face. She is affectionate but does not like young children. We have taken her in temporarily but we do not have time to spend with this little lady. We are hoping to find her owners, or at the very least, find a new home for her. She was living in our garage for about a month and we have had her in the house for approximately a month as well. She is definitely a house cat.

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Do you have pics to post of her? Since she is declawed :sad: she definitely needs to stay indoors. Have you asked the vets in your area about her as with the two toes it may be easy to identify her.

Karbour
December 31st, 2006, 08:35 AM
We have found a new home for this little lady. We managed to find a 'half-way' house for her with a lady who takes in strays. My oldest daughter (she's 4 1/2) was quite upset since she had become quite attached to the cat and had even given it a name. The lady we brought her to is someone who provides shelter for strays, also tries to find new homes for the friends that she cares for. If only all the strays could find their way to her and those like her. We did check the local vets and none of them recognized the cat. As distinctive as she was with only two toes on one paw, no one seemed to know her. I did have pics, but was unable to load them, for whatever reason.

But all is well with this little lady, I am happy to say.

badger
December 31st, 2006, 08:59 AM
I wish I knew a lady like that right around now... ;)
Just a comment: cats pretty much take care of themselves, although you may not have had that impression from this site :). And adult cats are much less work than kittens. So when the time is right, a lovely grateful laid-back adult rescue cat is a great pet for children.
Thanks for making sure your stray went to a safe place.

rainbow
December 31st, 2006, 12:44 PM
Glad you found someone to take her in. Hopefully she will find the forever home she deserves soon. :fingerscr