Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

HELP!!! About report cruelty!!!

NB_Bear
December 16th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Hi! I am actually new to here...and I have a question that I really wanna kno about....

I am actually renting a house in somewhere b/c of school...
and my landlord...always kick her 8 months old Boxer out to the backyard during the winter everyda....sometimes is about 7hrs or up.....withous any shelter, foods and water outside....

Also...her son...who is the owner of the dog....doesn't like the Boxer as much as he used to do....I never see him taking care of her....sometimes I hear him yell at the dog...

I feel really srry 4 the dog...very badly...because the Boxer seems like like to following me around more than following around them...we r really friend now. Everytime when she wanna come into my room...I will give her so much water to drink (she seems like she haven't drink much for a day)....they never play with her...feed her can food, bath her or take her outside 4 a walk everyday...they seems like actually hating her for some reason....

So I decided to send an e-mail to the SPAC of the area about this...
but I have a few worry about this....
1. Do these act serious enough to have the agency/inspector to remove the dog away from them, or just sending a them warning??

2. If they are sending her a warning, I am sure they will know I am the 1 who report this...and I may end up not living in the house anymore...so after they got the warning...they may do something wrose to the dog....so what should I do...?

3. Should I suggest the SPAC to remove the dog (I sure will adopt her after this) and bring a vet to the house with them (the dog has been sick for about 3 months) for the investigation?

Plz Help me with it...if you know somthing about this...thank you!!!!

LM1313
December 16th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Because the dog is out in the cold without shelter, food, and water, they will hopefully do something. This is a hard decision . . . but I think contacting the SPCA is the right thing to do. Thank you for caring! :grouphug:

Frenchy
December 16th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Anf if the spca don't take the dog , you can always try to convince the landlord she doesn't need a dog and to give him up to a rescue ? The spca will probably ask her to provide shelter , food and water and come back later to see if she has comply. Pet laws sucks that way. Or maybe once they visit her she will just tell them to take the dog, that would be a good thing.

ItsMurphy'sLaw
December 16th, 2006, 09:34 AM
and since you are there, maybe you can give her the love she deserves, make sure her water and food are available, maybe offer walks!!..Hopefully the owner will see how a dog should be treated...You could even offer dogsitting when you are available ....could help with your rent!!
It's heartwarming to know that you are there for this girl!!! please keep us informed :grouphug:

LibbyP
December 16th, 2006, 10:08 AM
and since you are there, maybe you can give her the love she deserves, make sure her water and food are available, maybe offer walks!!..Hopefully the owner will see how a dog should be treated...You could even offer dogsitting when you are available ....could help with your rent!!
It's heartwarming to know that you are there for this girl!!! please keep us informed :grouphug:

This parts where it gets tricky ~ you want to provide basic care for the dog(food, water etc...) but if the officers come out and she has a full bowl they really have nothing to go on (her word against yours) *wouldn't hurt to call them to find out what date they are coming ~ explain you are the one that filed the complaint * make sure you don't feed/water that day!!! The officers have business hours like everyone else, they will not come out in the middle of the night unless an emerg.

The officer cannot and will not tell the owner it was you that contacted them ( even though the owner might point her/his finger at you ~ admit nothing!!

The officer will make some recomdations as to 'proper' care and might say the dog must be seen by a vet and give a set date that this must be followed and complyed with ~ unless the officer comes out and the owners says just take the darn dog it's more work than what we want or the officer feels it is in the best intrest of the dog to remove ~ the officers first goal is to make sure the dog is being provided for and to educate the owners, removal is the last step.

You said she has been sick for 3 months, pls explain this in your complaint to the officers.

Good of you to get involved, many would turn a blind eye ~ keep us posted :fingerscr

NB_Bear
December 16th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Anf if the spca don't take the dog , you can always try to convince the landlord she doesn't need a dog and to give him up to a rescue ? The spca will probably ask her to provide shelter , food and water and come back later to see if she has comply. Pet laws sucks that way. Or maybe once they visit her she will just tell them to take the dog, that would be a good thing.

I don think she will give up the dog unless some1 willing 2 buy the dog...I think the dog cost her son a lot of $$.... so I don think she will wan them to take the dog away....but they don wanna waste any $$ on the dog....

NB_Bear
December 16th, 2006, 11:30 AM

that's what I did everyday now...2 bad that the dog is not mine...whenever the dog is crying @ outside 2 me....I really wanna let her in....her son is the one who doesn't like the dog 2 approach me (I can tell from that his face), he also has a very bad temper...I always hear him yelling @ his mom sometimes....

His mother doesn't like the dog very much @ the very 1st place...I guess it's b/c she's the 1 who have 2 take care of the dog (leave her outside and walk her outside of the house for a few sec...just b/c of the dog need 2 pee...)

I really treated the dog with care everyday....that's why even the dog's onwer is here...she always come up to my room wheneven she has the chance inside of the house...instead of following her owner around...Didn't you ever see a dog's owner calling for it, but it will run away from the owner?? =_= I never see such thing...that pet doesn't listen to its owner....

Anyway...I just don understand why the son is buying such a happpy, playful dog...he has to work all day everyday...then come back home browsing on the internet and watching TV...instead of playing with her...no wonder the dog always following me around....

NB_Bear
December 16th, 2006, 11:46 AM
This parts where it gets tricky ~ you want to provide basic care for the dog(food, water etc...) but if the officers come out and she has a full bowl they really have nothing to go on (her word against yours) *wouldn't hurt to call them to find out what date they are coming ~ explain you are the one that filed the complaint * make sure you don't feed/water that day!!! The officers have business hours like everyone else, they will not come out in the middle of the night unless an emerg.

The officer cannot and will not tell the owner it was you that contacted them ( even though the owner might point her/his finger at you ~ admit nothing!!

The officer will make some recomdations as to 'proper' care and might say the dog must be seen by a vet and give a set date that this must be followed and complyed with ~ unless the officer comes out and the owners says just take the darn dog it's more work than what we want or the officer feels it is in the best intrest of the dog to remove ~ the officers first goal is to make sure the dog is being provided for and to educate the owners, removal is the last step.

You said she has been sick for 3 months, pls explain this in your complaint to the officers.

Good of you to get involved, many would turn a blind eye ~ keep us posted :fingerscr

Thank you for your information =D
anyway...it wouldn't be tricky...b/c that's what my landlord did everyday...it just she may take the dog back for a break then take her out again....I actually checked everyday...the dog doesn't have any water outside, but just some dog food with fruit..and vegi...but the dog doesn't seem to eat those fruit... sometimes...when she's mad she will kick the bowl upside down the dog dog food will spilled out of the bowl...

1 more thing the owner never give the dog a bath...she always seem so itchy to me...that she scratch a lot...I think she has flea...

bekka_1
December 19th, 2006, 09:09 AM
what about asking the owner if you could have the dog....it mite work especially if the owner doesnt want the dog anymore

Angie J
December 20th, 2006, 05:43 PM
NB Bear,

You're so brave to get involved! It must fill you with such anxiety to see this pup, that you obviously love, treated like this daily. Please do get involved. Whichever, you choose,.... offer to buy/ or SPCA.....It's so great that you are there for that pup! He realy needs you.

Angie J

maggiemay
December 23rd, 2006, 09:21 AM
Like Bekka_1 said I think you shoudl talk to the owner directly about the situation. Most people if they have a dog they dont want, they are just waiting for someone to step up and offer. I would only get the spca involved if they refuse to do anything about it.