Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog acting strange

janetd
December 15th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Hi, I'm Janet - I have 2 shizu's one male KC about 8 years old and Sox 2 yrs old. KC is really acting strange tonight, first he was licking the patio outside, now we are inside and he can't stay still, and is whining and walking in circles, gathering his pillows and digging on the floor like it is going to move than up again walking in circles and every so often he gags, lays back down, jumps back up, just really really strange. Any ideas, suggestions, I'm concerned but it is 11:30 at night and no vet to have him cked at. Thanks Janet

mafiaprincess
December 16th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Call your vet in the morning. We can't diagnose your pets illness over the internet.

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 02:44 AM
I agree....KC needs to see a vet asap. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr

Dobb
December 16th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Hello Janetd,,You should have your dog checked out as soon as possible. I am definitly not a vet and reluctant to give advice. We had a shihzu who would act very similar at times. She would be sleeping on a chair or the floor and all of a sudden she would jump up and start digging with her paws like she was in another world. Other times it seemed thatshe couldn't get comfortable, she would lie on the floor stretched out as far as she could stretch ,stay there for a minute and get back up. She was an older dog [ 13 ] and had a bad heart, according to our vet she would get fluid build up around her heart and this would cause the uncomfortness and give her the cough. A vet can easily determine fluid by listening with their stethascope. There is medication for this condition. We got our dog when she was ten and found out on the first visit that she had congestive heart disease and fluid on the heart, we had her for three yrs untill she developed cancer and cushings disease. With the proper meds and vet care your dog should be fine. Like I said before I am not a vet. Please let us know how you make out.
Dobb