Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wind storm doggie pics

TeriM
December 15th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Some pics from today after the big windstorm last night.

TeriM
December 15th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Pics of Lucy in the brief moment of sunshine

TeriM
December 15th, 2006, 11:28 PM
More pics from today

erykah1310
December 15th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I absolutely love the brief sunshine shot... so,,,,,, i dont know the word right now, but i stole it, is that OK?:o :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Holy cow, TeriM! That must've been some wind storm--that's a huge tree! :eek: Everyone okay?

angeldogs
December 15th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Looks like a good place for a walk.the wind took down half that tree.nice pics also

TeriM
December 15th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Last ones.

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I love the picture of Lucy and Riley sharing the stick :D

LibbyP
December 15th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I just got finished
watching the news :crazy: weather your having there. I love the pics of your furkids, the more sticks to find and carry and share with a friend :)

technodoll
December 15th, 2006, 11:37 PM
yeah i was wondering how it was in your neck of the woods with all this tragic weather :eek: lovely pics though, happy doggies! :highfive:

Prin
December 15th, 2006, 11:49 PM
OMG that first one is insane! Glad everybody is ok. :) :fingerscr

TeriM
December 16th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks everyone. It was a real crazy storm, I woke up at 3:00 am because the whole house was shaking. All the neighborhood motion lights kept going on and off because crap was flying everywhere and there are trees down everywhere. What is with this weather lately? Now, we are supposed to get snow again tonight :eek: . This is Vancouver, we're not supposed to get snow and this is the third time this year already.

TeriM
December 16th, 2006, 12:41 AM
OK, Now trying a video clip. This is Rileys spaz move where he really wants to go running off leash.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/tmartinmacdonald/th_RileySpaz.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/tmartinmacdonald/?action=view&current=RileySpaz.flv)

and practicing our "hustle" command

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/tmartinmacdonald/th_Windstormdogs029.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/tmartinmacdonald/?action=view&current=Windstormdogs029.flv)

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 12:53 AM
What the hey was that spaz about? Awesome that you got it on video though.:D

Love how they're licking their chops in the second.;)

Beautiful doggies, TeriM.

TeriM
December 16th, 2006, 12:58 AM
He used to do the spaz every once in a while but this week we had to walk him on leash (because of the neuter) and he just kept getting more and more hiper each day. That was his move to let us know he really was not happy. He doesn't actually pull he just does that goofy leap and makes a wierd "woe is me" yelp.

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 01:09 AM
lol dramaman.:D

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Great pics. Are you close to Lynn Valley?

What is with this weather lately? Now, we are supposed to get snow again tonight :eek: . This is Vancouver, we're not supposed to get snow and this is the third time this year already.

The big earthquake is coming. ;)

TeriM
December 16th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Great pics. Are you close to Lynn Valley?

The big earthquake is coming. ;)

Not to far, we are actually around the bottom of Mt. Seymour.

No earthquakes please. We had a "mild" one a few years back and I was in a glass office tower on the 20th floor and the building swayed so much I thought I would s*** in my pants :eek:

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 03:06 AM
I think I would have done the same thing. :D

I still think it's coming though....but I think Washington State will get the worst of it.

Frenchy
December 16th, 2006, 10:25 AM
I love the first pic , Lucy and Riley seem so little compare to the tree :eek:

Skryker
December 16th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Great pics! OMG, Riley is huge! And I love his spaz move. Impatient puppies, eh? :rolleyes:

TeriM
December 17th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Great pics! OMG, Riley is huge! And I love his spaz move. Impatient puppies, eh? :rolleyes:

I know, I keep thinking he has stopped growing and will just start filling out and then I see him standing next to Lucy and he is taller again! He is 65 lbs now so I think he will probably end up in the 90 lb range :eek: .

chico2
December 17th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Great pics,Lucy and Riley are beautiful doggies and soooo happy looking,LOVE the videos,really cute!
You can send some of the snow here,we have none,+13C today:sad:
BC is really getting it this fall,what on earth is going on???

Hunter's_owner
December 17th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Great pics:thumbs up

Riley is too funny, that spaz move is hilarious:D

How old is Riley now? Hunter got pretty gangly too before he filled out, when Hunter was neteured he was about 65 pounds as well. When he stopped growing he reached a max of 92, but we try to keep him at about 85.

TeriM
December 17th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Great pics:thumbs up

Riley is too funny, that spaz move is hilarious:D

How old is Riley now? Hunter got pretty gangly too before he filled out, when Hunter was neteured he was about 65 pounds as well. When he stopped growing he reached a max of 92, but we try to keep him at about 85.

Riley just turned 7 months (born May 13). Sounds like he is on the same track as Hunter. Be neat to see a pic of Hunter around that age.

Hunter's_owner
December 17th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Here are 2 of Hunter at approximately 7 months. I know I have better than this, but in the album that I have here, this is the best I could come up with. I am not sure of the quality, as they are scanned. They were taken in the days before digital:rolleyes:

Hunter has keys in his mouth in these pics, and he is quite proud. He loves to carry around a set of keys even now:o

mummummum
December 17th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Great pix and love Riley's "full gainor" spaz !

TeriM
December 18th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Yes, Riley and Hunter look quite similar at this age. I have noticed a little filling out finally in the past few weeks. Love the key thing, Riley is always looking for something to pack around as well ;) .

Dog Dancer
December 20th, 2006, 02:14 PM
We're in the Tri-Cities area now, just east of Vancouver and got hit bad with the wind last week also. Fortunately we didn't have any tree's down in our yard -but lots and lots of branches (very big branches) on the house and several really good scratches and dings in the car. Tonight (the 20th) we're supposed to get more wind:yell: I really hope the trees that didn't fall last week didn't get damaged and fall tonight. Last week's storm was soooo scary - you could hear the trees cracking and stuff falling on the house. And the transformers were blowing up every couple seconds all over the place. Very nerve wracking night. :fingerscr tonights storm isn't so bad. And yes last week we had four inches of snow right after the storm - I know BC'ers aren't allowed to complain about snow, but most of us also didn't have power!! In fact the office right around the corner from me had a huge tree down on their building and six days later they still don't have power!

chico2
December 20th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Dog Dancer,strong winds are really scary,more so than snow..we have a huge old Blue Spruce in the frontyard,I am always worried when it starts swaying,we lost 6 feet off the top when a freak Tornado past through a few years ago.
Hopefully everything will be standing at your house tonight:fingerscr