Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Grooming equipment sites (table)

mafiaprincess
December 15th, 2006, 06:56 PM
We are in the market to buy a grooming table. The floor isn't working as effectively as a table would, and if I get a second in the not too distant future I hope, 2 on the floor would be awful..

Petedge was suggested to me, but their prices seemed to jump just prior to Christmas. Anyone else have sites they love that might be more affordable?

I was told going to a dog show that there's often vendors galore and could likely fidn a moderately priced table there too, but we are having issues locating agility fun matches, not sure I feel ready to go spectate at a conformation event yet :)

muckypup
December 15th, 2006, 07:04 PM
www.renspets.com (Oakville)

www.petsupplyhouse.com (Guelph)

www.deboergroomingsupplies.com (Bolton)

mafiaprincess
December 15th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Canadian even, wow. Thank you, you rock :)

Ed U KayShawn
December 15th, 2006, 10:10 PM
if your a little handy you can always look for a hairstyling chair in the local newspaper, just take the chair off it just unbolts and you can then get a cut piece of plywood (copy the measurements of one!) and get some stair runner it is like a rubber non-slip surface cut at any home depot and slap on some adhesive like no more nails and voila you go a nice little hydraulic grooming table for under 100 bucks! You can usually get a hairstyling chair for 25 to 80 dollars all you need to do is check to make sure the hydraulics pump it up and let it glide back down when you push down on it. I love mine.

TeriM
December 16th, 2006, 01:06 AM
How about a portable massage table? I think costco had a great deal on those.

mafiaprincess
December 16th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Would need to be high enough, small enough, and able to put an arm on it. Too big a surface and the dog can dance around, and too low with a small dog and it's back breaking.

After looking at all the sites I guess it's petedge. Even making the prices Canadian it's sadly cheaper than shopping in ontario, how sad is that?

Just need to ship it stateside, and was told if I wait often tables come off in their discount section

Making your own would be interesting, but I'd prefer easy storage of a folding table..

muckypup
December 16th, 2006, 06:32 AM
After looking at all the sites I guess it's petedge. Even making the prices Canadian it's sadly cheaper than shopping in ontario, how sad is that?

You will have to see but I've heard the shipping fees are outragous and still cheaper to order inside Canada.

Rens is worth the drive IMO. It is an amazing store if you're a crazy dog lover. I could spend an entire afternoon there! If you go remember to bring your plastic!

mummummum
December 18th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Canadian Tire sells a table and I think it's by Stanley Tools (sorry I did try to find a pic of it but all the site had was the 4 legged variety) which attaches to the wall, has a peg board on the back and two metal legs which fold down. When not in use the table base and legs fold up so the whole thing is flat on the wall. It's not overly expensive and usually goes on sale once or twice a year for half price.