Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A "rose" deserved

SARAH
December 15th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Just wanted to let everyone on the West Island know - if you didn't already - of a great pet store on St. Jean, across the street from Loblaws.

Le Reveil du Maitre has qualified staff, and great, healthy food for cats and dogs.

Rottielover "sent" me there to get non-vet food for Misti, and the lady there gave a sample of every type of cat food she had in the store! Misti was quick to choose the Hollistic Blend, so I was there today to pick up a whole bag for her. Lewis came with me, because I've been going on about the place sice I first stepped in there :D and his reaction was spontaneous "They have my business!"

They gave me samples of the raw food they have for dogs so I could ask the girls if they like it - Dani will not eat anything raw, but Sheba thought she was in heaven - and I bought some of that today as well as the cat food. At the same time I got a huge smaple of dry food to test on Dani (with her delicate bowels) and hopefully she will 1) like it and 2) tolerate it :fingerscr so she can get off the chemically enhanced vet-food.

Oh, and they do grooming too!

Just wanted to give a rose where I feel it is deserved :)

Frenchy
December 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I only heard good things about these stores (I think they have more than one right? ) I wish I had stores like these here...but not sure I could afford anything they sell tough. :o

technodoll
December 15th, 2006, 09:23 PM
i :love: le reveil du maitre! there's one that opened about 2 years ago a few streets away, so it's a great neighborhood hangout. they make a mean latte or hot chocolate and the owner of the stores, JF, hangs out there alot with his gorgeous great dane. they're very generous with the food samples (dry or raw) and carry a decent line of foods. :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 15th, 2006, 09:33 PM
JF, hangs out there alot with his gorgeous great dane.

JF ? This a guy ? Single ? ...... with a great dane ?.....

technodoll
December 15th, 2006, 09:42 PM
LOL frenchy! i dunno if he's single but his dog is gorgeous (a blue dane, no less)! imagine working in that store? LOL

Frenchy
December 15th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Well then get me an application... I need a part time job :rolleyes: and discount on good dog food. :D AND good company :o

technodoll
December 15th, 2006, 09:51 PM
but it's such a far drive from your place! but hey one can always dream eh? :o

Rottielover
December 15th, 2006, 10:04 PM
They have taught me alot, and helped me do my own research there.
The only male harley is allowed to play with is there. A red doberman, out of all dogs, who knew.
Sarah, I will tell Gwen and Melanie that you give all positive feedback, they would love it.
I LOVE THAT STORE....when I was out of a job, I would go there all the time :)

Prin
December 15th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah, their success and fast growing franchise is probably what has set mondou into motion towards more holistic foods... There was a two page article in the Gazette a few weeks ago. It's definitely a great idea.:)

btw, Woofers on Sources should also be given props too... They're great there and always try to please their customers. :thumbs up

Rottielover
December 16th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I know them very well too, used to work with one of their groomers YEARS ago at mondou...That place is also very friendly and helpful.....