Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pack of Wolves on the West Island?

diandpat
December 15th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I received an email today from a friend who had received an email from a friend warning NOT to walk her dog in Angell Woods (Woodland off the 2-20 in Beaconsfield) as her friend's dog had been surrounded by a pack of wolves that she had to beat off with a stick to get out of there.

Now I know they have been doing a lot of house building around there and have definitely infringed on previously forested land but do we really have wolves on the West Island? I know I see foxes golfing (I'm golfing, not the foxes ;) ) from time to time but wolves???? And if this is true, who should be informed as doesn't it pose some type of danger for people (kids) in the neighborhood?

Can anyone shed some light as I love walking in there but am not going to take the chance if this could be true.

Prin
December 15th, 2006, 02:35 PM
hehe golfing foxes...:D

There are wolves in the Ecomuseum...:o Maybe you could call them and ask. I really never heard of any on the island though... Maybe they took the Ile au Tourtes.:D (But if we can't survive it in a car, I don't know how they would on foot lol)

LM1313
December 15th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Is there a local animal control or forest service you can call to ask if there are wolves in the area? "Friend of a friend" e-mails are unreliable spam most of the time, I wouldn't worry too much. :)