Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Male LAB issue with manhood

Rockblind
December 15th, 2006, 08:07 AM
My black lab is 7 months old, everytime he sits down he gets a erection, is this normal or not? Anyway to curb this? Would having the dog neutered correct this problem or do we just live with this and continue calling the dog Moby Dick!!:) PS: The dog's name is Gunner

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wesley

Scott_B
December 15th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Its just his age. Hes an adolescent pup and so this will happen. Getting him altered would probably curb it.

technodoll
December 15th, 2006, 09:04 AM
wow i have no idea, but i did want to ask: can neutered males get an erection? :confused:

Rottielover
December 15th, 2006, 09:18 AM
HA HA HA HA HA, oh yes they can.
I woke up one morning when he was sleeping on the floor, it looked like he actually grew his balls back. it was sooooooo out there.
I called my vet asking what the heck happened, and is it possible for the balls to grow back.....
She laughed at me, and said, no, you just have one very happy horny boy. I cringed.....
Some males when neutered lose their sex drive, Harley did not, and still has not:frustrated:

technodoll
December 15th, 2006, 09:25 AM
thanks rottielover, i was too embarassed to ask that question but always wanted to know :o

meb999
December 15th, 2006, 09:50 AM
yeah, they definetly do...

The later they are neutered in life (ie after puberty) the more...hum....obvious the erections can be....

But I would definetly get your male neutered -- not only will it curb this, but also alot of futur problems...