Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Very sick sweet kitten

LeighLou
December 14th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Hi everyone. I am new here and really concerned about my 2 month old kitten LeighLou. She is dehydrated but wanting to drink, in pain,not eating but wanting to, and has some sort of yellowish liquid coming out of her mouth.
We have had her to the Vet and he has given her antibiotics and pain medicine, but it isn't helping. Just wondering if it could possibly be something to do with teeth. Perhaps a bad tooth or infection, but can't get her mouth open to check. The Vet did de-worm her. Could someone please offer me some advice as we love her and want her to get well.

Thank you

dustybird
December 14th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I am sorry to hear the little one is sick. I would take her back to the vet and see if they could do some blood work, if they didn't mention it I would push for it to be done, and did they suggest putting her on intravenous fluids to combat the dehydration or force feeding her if she is not vomiting? I don't know about the yellow discharge are you sure it isn't bile(vomit). I suppose she could be teething but I don't think it would cause her that much trouble, did the vet check her teeth? If you feel uneasy at all with how unthorough the vet was(if he was) I would consider seeing someone else for another opinion especially if she is not eating or drinking, when they are so young it's really important to get both those into them.

Please keep us posted on how she is doing and I hope she starts feeling better soon.

White Wolf
December 14th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Please take her back to the vet. We cannot diagnose serious ailments over the internet. Please post again with an update after seeing a vet again.

Thread closed.