Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Charlie and Bailey

erykah1310
December 14th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Here are some pictures... things went a bit better today, but Bailey ( chubby young guy) does NOT like the other dogs... Prolly cause he's intimidated:shrug: Just be keeping them all away from each other for a while.

Here they are...
The two of them...
Bailey is in the front and Charlie in the back
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/Charlyandbaily.jpg

Just Charlie enjoying a cookie
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/Charly1.jpg

Charlie again I think:shrug:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/CHarly.jpg

Be right back with some more....

erykah1310
December 14th, 2006, 08:40 PM
K, Bailey....

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/Bailey4.jpg

And another Bailey... ( I have to really pay close attention here, they get confusing.)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/Bailey.jpg

I thought I took more of charly??

Well there is always tomorrow

Frenchy
December 14th, 2006, 08:41 PM
OMG OMG ! They look just like my Puppy ! The only family dog we adopted when I was a kid ! They are sooo cute ! How is it going ? Are they making progress ?

erykah1310
December 14th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Things are a bit better today, they had some loving living room time, on leash and some great play outside today, but Bailey really doesnt like the other dogs.... Gonna have to really keep an eye out there, keep them seperated.

hazelrunpack
December 14th, 2006, 09:19 PM
They're sooo cute--love the curls! :cloud9:

Did you find a rescue org that can help out, erykah? Are you going to foster them?

Prin
December 14th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Very cute. :) Good luck to them.

erykah1310
December 14th, 2006, 09:22 PM
The rescue that I have the rabbits with is going to take them...
Im gonna foster them, they shouldnt be moved around too much... especially Charlie he's almost 9:eek: so he's understandibly confused.

The rescue org that is taking them ( sort of) figures they should be adopted quickly. But I want to screen, so we're working that out right now.

Prin
December 14th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Are they going to be adopted out together? Do they have a relationship?

mafiaprincess
December 14th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Awww cuties :)

erykah1310
December 14th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Are they going to be adopted out together? Do they have a relationship?

Its preferred if they are, Charlie ( older guy) really depends alot on Bailey. He hides behind him and panicks if he is not around.

Prin
December 14th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Hey mafia, you could take two. It would be like the 8 year old wasn't even there.:p

Smiley14
December 14th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Oh, they are just beautiful! I really, really hope they can stay together. I love how Charlie relies so much on Bailey. Awwww! :cloud9: It's so fun to see pics after getting emotionally involved in their story! Thank you!

erykah1310
December 14th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Why o why do long haired dogs have a magnetic pull towards burrs????

There apparently is one shrub somewhere in my front yard that they just both brused up against.:frustrated: GREAT... Grooming tomorrow.:shrug:

technodoll
December 14th, 2006, 10:09 PM
yeah, nice to put faces to the story... good luck erykah, they are lucky to have such a wonderful fostermom :love: and hopefully an adoption will happen soon for the both of them together. :fingerscr

erykah1310
December 14th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Little old man kisses. :cloud9:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/Charley5.jpg

and the burrs... :frustrated:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/Charly6.jpg

Tommysmom
December 14th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Oh my heavens, those two are just gorgeous. Bless your heart for taking them in, their story just makes me want to cry! I never thought about what happened to dogs before... and pets in general... until I got my puppy and started reading sites like this. Poor little guys, they must feel so lost. They're so lucky to have ended up with you!:)

Frenchy
December 15th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Such cute faces ! Thanks again Erykah ! :grouphug: I'm sure they will get more comfy at your place and the older guy will get to love the other dogs :fingerscr

erykah1310
December 15th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Oh my... today they like me enough to do a nice little check on them. Bailey has nasty ears, so that has to be fixed up. Both of them have ROTTEN teeth...:eek: They're black.:eek:

Poor guys

SARAH
December 15th, 2006, 05:20 PM
How do pet owners let their animals get that way? It's a disgrace! These two are lucky in spite of their misery, to have found such a great foster home. You're right to screen the new adopting family, they don't need more of the same they had.

rainbow
December 15th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Oh, erykah, they are adorable. :cloud9: I sure hope that they can get adopted out together. :fingerscr

In the meantime, it is really nice that they have you for a foster mom. :angel:

erykah1310
December 15th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Just cause i can.... More pics.. :cloud9:

Charlie....
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/Charlepetsave.jpg

And Bailey....
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/Baileypetsave.jpg

erykah1310
December 15th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Guy and myself both fell asleep trying to watch Law and Order SVU and I just recently woke up, we each had a curly cocker sleeping with us on the couch ( dogs are NOT allowed on the couch but :shrug: :rolleyes: well these guys are just a temporary situation:o ) It was sweet. I wish i had pictures of it but... no can do...
Heres one more.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/chba.jpg

Smiley14
December 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Oh, it sounds like they're happier already! Yay! Beautiful pictures, thanks so much!!! Sad to hear about their teeth though! Will the rescue you're working with cover the cost of needed dental?

erykah1310
December 15th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Yes i believe so :fingerscr actually having a momentary issue with them right now.:frustrated: but all will be fine. ( the rescue not the dogs) just a tad bit of confusion between the website manager and the owner and I...

The boys are to go up to Petsmart sometime this weekend. Just for a public meet and greet with everyone. I'll know more later on.

They are settling in more, and Charlie just looooovvvves Guy... its so cute. ( Guy is gonna have a hard time letting Charlie go i know it, men... act all tough bout these sort of things but melt)

The same guy who told me when we got together that we "would NEVER own a rottie" :D He bawled twice as long as I did when we had to put our sweet little Falco down.:rolleyes:

Prin
December 16th, 2006, 12:55 AM
There's one of Bailey where he looks like he's smiling.:cloud9:

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Maybe Guy should adopt Charlie and Bailey. :D

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 02:28 AM
No Guy cant adopt them. Things are not so harmonious in our house right now. 5 dogs is a little too many for me. ( i dont know how Hazel does it with 6:eek: )

The vet bills alone would have me living in a cardboard box on a street corner somewhere. I would love to have 2 cute little cockers but this time in my life it is unfeasable.
Like with Prin and Lily, the timings all wrong.:(

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 02:38 AM
I understand what you are saying.....sorry, it was just my idea of a sick joke. :o

erykah1310
December 16th, 2006, 02:41 AM
I just have to convince myself too rainbow..:o the thought has crossed my mind:o
But definately not possible....:sad:

All i can do is hope for a great home to come along **Dad** Mr Spaniel man himself.:pray: but i know he isnt ready for a dog now either, neither is my mom.:(

Frenchy
December 16th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Don't worry Erykah, there's always wonderful people to adopt rescue dogs. People are more and more aware of rescues and once they find out about those dogs, they would never adopt anywhere else. :thumbs up :fingerscr

mummummum
December 16th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Two little darlin's like that are sure to get snapped up by the RIGHT person ~ they're so sweet. Good for you Erykah for making room in your heart and your home to rescue them from such a sad fate.

erykah1310
December 17th, 2006, 03:00 PM
:sad: :( No more Charlie:o A great couple who was on a waiting list took an immediate interest in Charlie.
The boys dont get to go together.:( Maybe now I can work on Bailey accepting new dogs into his life, today he was alright with Kita, he only growled at her didnt jump up at her. :fingerscr for improvement on this.
Its a happy day for doggies all across the board, hard for fosters though.

Frenchy
December 17th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Charlie was the younger one right ? :( Happy for him but sad for Bailey.

erykah1310
December 17th, 2006, 03:05 PM
No, suprisingly the old guy went first:( I think he was more of a heartbreaker story.
Bailey doesnt seem to mind much he just cuddles up with the cats, lets see how tonight goes.:fingerscr I hope he doesnt get too upset by this... more loving for Bailey, he's gonna need it.

chico2
December 17th, 2006, 04:36 PM
WOW Erykah,that was quick,was there any time to make sure it was a good home for Charlie???
They look just like"my"Bailey,she too has dirty ears and pretty bad teeth.
I hope Bailey does not miss Charlie too much..beautiful little guys:love:

TeriM
December 17th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Wow, it's a busy weekend for adopting. Hopefully Bailey won't miss Charlie to much and will relax soon. Good job with the fostering Erykah :thumbs up .

erykah1310
December 18th, 2006, 12:13 AM
WOW Erykah,that was quick,was there any time to make sure it was a good home for Charlie???
:

They were on a waiting list for about a year, already been interviewed and have kept on their search for a cocker spaniel. I hope everything goes well for him,:pray:

Prin
December 18th, 2006, 01:14 AM
:grouphug: for you too, erykah. Good luck for a home for Bailey.

erykah1310
December 18th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Charlie was the one that i knew I would have a harder time "letting go of" its prolly better that he found his home to live out his golden years right away:shrug:

erykah1310
December 18th, 2006, 01:18 AM
here's Baileys progress with Kita ........ lol, shes such a good gurl when it comes to other dogs, even if they dont like her.
Yup, he is sleeping "by" her... ( too bad its the rear end of her, but hey what ever floats his boat.:o

chico2
December 18th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Erykah,these adopters must really love Cockers then,that's great!
I too am glad they took the older Charlie,hopefully he'll not miss Bailey too much,too bad they could not take both.
Loking at these 2 beautiful pups knowing the owners were ready to have them killed,just sends shivers down my spine.
I wish them a really miserable Christmas:sad:
Thank's Erykah,for beeing there for Bailey and Charlie:love:

springermom0406
December 18th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Its really hard to adopt out two dogs together anyway... glad Charlie found a new home. The other one will too. :)

erykah1310
December 18th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Bailey is doing really good today, he got to sleep in our room last night with Kita and they were great. Today you'd almost think they were friends. No more funny looks from him and she as usual doesnt bother with him.
He almost seems happier today:shrug: Is it possible that he knew Charlie was older and less able to defend himself so Bailey stepped up?:shrug: Seems like it to me.

Hunter's_owner
December 18th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Sounds like it might be possible. When Hunter is around most other dogs he is the most submissive out of them all, and gets along with every animal he has ever met. But when he is around my friend's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Dillon, he becomes the "Almighty Protecter". I have even seen him bark at other dogs when we have walked them together.:shrug:

rainbow
December 18th, 2006, 05:24 PM
WOW, that was fast.......I was really hoping that they would be adopted together. Wasn't expecting it but am glad Charlie was the first to find a home. ;) Hope he isn't missing Bailey too much. Did they say if they would give you updates? Glad to hear Bailey is coming around. :thumbs up

Smiley14
December 18th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Wow, another adoption! First Lily, now Charlie! Why do I feel so heart-broken and happy for dogs I have never met?! LOL! I am so sad they were not adopted together, even though I know that was a long stretch. I just keep remembering how dependent Charlie was on Bailey. I hope he will do well in his new forever home! YAY that he found a home so fast though!!!

And such a cute pic of Bailey and Kita slowly becoming friends, LOL! That is just too cute. :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 19th, 2006, 07:47 AM
They are really cute - I totally can relate about the Burrs Joey goes any where near them and instant velcro.

Good luck with Bailey and the other dogs - we are working on this issue too (maybe its a cocker think :o ) and glad that Charlie find a home.

erykah1310
December 19th, 2006, 02:56 PM
LOL, Bailey is a freak!:crazy: He is totally comfortable now around Kita and he slept in our room with her last night, however, he claimed Guys pillow:D So Guy, being the nice doggy foster dad he can be, used the ratty old flat one. He grumbled about it all night but oh well.... :D This morning was nothing but kisses from Bailey to Guy, he appreciated the pillow.
He spent most of day outside today, he had bones to bury and territory to mark, he's on a roll.
Gonna be a rough next 3 days though, i got called back to work till friday in Blind River , and Guy is in charge of the dogs:eek: Its gonna be his first attempt to feed raw alone. ( Charlie is a kibble boy, hes not mine to convert:o )
So, everyone keep your :fingerscr that Guy can handle the 4 doggies.:D

chico2
December 19th, 2006, 03:41 PM
That's nice to hear about Bailey,I wonder how Charlie is doing:confused:
At first I thought Guy was a dog-foster-dad,but obvilously not:D
Don't tell him I thought he was a dog..he,he

Skryker
December 19th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I'm glad one of your fosters has found a home already. :pray: that the other one will very soon.

erykah1310
December 19th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I emailed today to see how Charlie was doing, hope for a response before i leave tomorrow.:fingerscr :pray:

Chico.... I wont tell him........ this time:D

rainbow
December 20th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Hope everything goes well for Guy with all the doggies to look after. :fingerscr

Fingers crossed that Charlie is doing well too. :fingerscr

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2006, 05:59 PM
I got an email about charlie, apparently he is also doing well, he had his nails clipped and his hair cut ( cause they definately needed both those things) Charlie is apparently enjoying the "finer things in life" ;) Settled in well. Im so happy to hear about it.

Bailey survived the 3 days with Guy:highfive: IM AMAZED! :D No im kidding, i knew deep down everyone would be fine.

Bailey was SO happy to see me when i came home though it was cute.

rainbow
December 22nd, 2006, 06:05 PM
Glad to hear that Charlie is doing so well. Sounds like he finally got a loving home that he deserves. :highfive:

I hope Bailey soon gets his forever home too. :fingerscr I bet his little bum was just a wigglin when he saw you come back. :D

Prin
December 23rd, 2006, 02:23 AM
Yey for Charlie.:) I'm glad they all survived (barely) without you.;)

chico2
December 23rd, 2006, 07:24 AM
Erykah,I am glad Charlie is doing good,the people who got him,knowing he was the oldest,obviously cared a lot..:love:
"Your"Bailey will be fine too I am sure,"my"Bailey has the cutest way of wiggeling that little stumpy tail of hers too,her whole body is wiggeling,sooo cute:dog:

erykah1310
December 23rd, 2006, 08:38 AM
Baileys little bum was justa wiggling when i walked in the door, it was soo adorable, this morining i woke up to both Bailey and Kita on the bed.:eek: Kita never actually sleeps on the bed. Bailey is doing great with her. Not Puppy though, he still doesnt like him.:rolleyes:
Its so hard not to get attached to fosters.:( I would love to keep him, but there is no way.:( all adoptions have stopped for Christmas and new years so he's gonna be here for another 2 weeksish.:o

erykah1310
December 26th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Bailey has finally accepted Puppy:D Last night we had another supervised meet and greet and this time, he just sniffed him, wiggled his tail and started chewing on Puppys toy:D Later on he actually layed "by" him and snored, its a break through!!!!!!!! Not going to try with Meiko for a while, cause i know that is not going to go over good at all.When we go in the field for play time Meik doesnt bother with him at all, he really doesnt care that there is a new family member, he's just happy that with the hand thats not holding the leash things are getting thrown for him.:D
Thought I would post a bit of an update.

mummummum
December 26th, 2006, 12:56 PM
That's great news Erykah...:fingerscr keep up the good work !:thumbs up

erykah1310
December 26th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Just gave Bailey a bath... he really needed it... ( as well as a hair cut, but i cant do that myself)
Heres a few wet Bailey Pics.... Hes such a cutie.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/bathbailey.jpg

"Gotta get this cleaness off of me"
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/baileybath3.jpg

" almost stinky again I hope"
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/bathbailey2.jpg

chico2
December 26th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Aww,he looks just like"my"Bailey(don't know why they gave her a boys name),here she is before she had a haircut:love:

rainbow
December 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Awwww.....they both have such cute little faces. :cloud9:

Prin
December 26th, 2006, 06:17 PM
omg you have a Pooh blanket too!? :D

He's looking good.:)

erykah1310
December 26th, 2006, 10:16 PM
OMG Chico, they do resemble each other so much... :cloud9:

Yup Prin I have a Pooh blanket ... well Bailey does, he couldnt have my wolf one:D

Have a few more pics that i have to upload to photobucket and will share soon.

erykah1310
December 26th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Upclose and personal...( but of eye guckies)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/Bailey10.jpg

THE PROGRESS!!!!!:D
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/freinds.jpg

All pouffed up!
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/friends2.jpg

all pouffy again!
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Bailey%20and%20Charlie/friends3.jpg

rainbow
December 26th, 2006, 10:43 PM
I looove the curls. :cloud9: Glad to see they're all getting along. :thumbs up

erykah1310
December 26th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Bailey has gotten the nickname "Mullet Man" from my dad! he does kinda look like he has a mullet.:eek:

chico2
December 27th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Aww look at your doggies they seem to be perfectly comfortable around Bailey:love:
"My"Bailey is not quiet as blond around the face,but they are both really pretty:dog: