Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for a new vet

dustybird
December 14th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I have only just started comming to this forum and I think its great, you are all very nice.

On to my question, I live in Peterborough, On and I need to find a new vet. I have a vet but there is only one there that I am comfortable with, which is fine for routine stuff but there is no way to be sure that I can see him when one of my kids(cat's) is ill. Anyway if there is anyone in the area who could reccomend someone/clinic with whom they are really happy with that would be great. Now would be a great time for me to change as vaccines are comming due. I know we can't post names but please pm me if you know of anyone. I want someone who is always thorough and willing to talk to me not at me. My last visit was a week ago as one of the cat's had a bladder infection, don't know why nothing has changed and is on prescription food, anyway the vet didn't check him over at all just gave me pills and never called to see how he was doing; granted he's fine now but still a once over would have been nice.

Thank you.

phoenix
December 14th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Hi Dusty, I'm from Ptbo too. I use the Peterborough Vet Clinic on the Kingsway and have for about 20 years. They have always been great to us, but you can't always assume the same person will be on when you go in- depending if you make an appointment or if you have an emerg.

dustybird
December 14th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Thank you for the reply. I will be sure to check them out. I moved here from Barrie 2 yrs ago and the clinic I went to there was a four doctor practice and they are all wonderful, so I am hopeing to find something similar or a one vet practice although I prefer a muti vet practice as I know when they have a tough case, they have each other to discuss it with it and don't have to fuss around waiting for other's to call back and so on.

phoenix
December 15th, 2006, 08:50 AM
we had horses and they always came out to do them.. and we took in all of our dogs and cats. They have always been very caring in the toughest times. Good luck!