Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am looking for a pet friendly apartment

alexandrum77
December 13th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Hello everybody, I am a boxer owner from Montreal and I would like to kwnow if somebody can help me with some information about a pet friendlty appartment in Montreal. I am looking for a place starting 1 july in Longueuil if it's possible (be cause of my school) but any other place would be good if it's pet friendly or if it has a park near by. I would appreciate some help. Thank you all!

badger
December 13th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Why don't you post on Craigslist and see what happens? http://montreal.craigslist.org/

Prin
December 13th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Good luck! Getting an apartment around here with dogs is so hard. I used to suggest the Concordia student union site because they had pets as a search option, but last time I checked, they changed it.:rolleyes:

Daisy2943
December 21st, 2006, 06:37 PM
If you can't find one that you like look for a big complex with your own private entrance away for the office. You'd be suprised how many dogs are in a dog free complex. If they every ask you about it your babysitting not honest but until apartment complexes realize people aren't going to give up there dog theres nothing we can do about it.

MollysMommy
January 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM
If you can't find one that you like look for a big complex with your own private entrance away for the office. You'd be suprised how many dogs are in a dog free complex. If they every ask you about it your babysitting not honest but until apartment complexes realize people aren't going to give up there dog theres nothing we can do about it.

This is risky in my opinion. I would only use this as a last resort. I tried this last year, and despite me having one dog who rarely barked, my own entrance, and the landlord nowhere nearby, I still got a letter from my landlord saying that there were no pets allowed whatsoever (which included any visiting pets). Luckily, I moved out soon after that, but they threatened to fine me or evict me if the dog was not removed. I always figured it was some spiteful neighbor that told on me. Even if your dog is the most well-behaved in the world, it takes one horrible neighbor to ruin everything.

I know there are lots of rental websites for the US where you can search only the places that allow pets. I used Rent.com, but I'd have to imagine that there are similar ones for Canada. Sorry I can't suggest any.

Golden Girls
January 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Landlords aren't allowed to say "no pets" but if you question them you won't get the place so :shrug: what do u do?

You can always offer a damage deposit = 1 month rent. I've never met an animal friendly landlord although I'm sure there are some. Good luck, here's a good link http://montreal.renting.canada.com/properties/search/searchForm.php

coppperbelle
January 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Hello everybody, I am a boxer owner from Montreal and I would like to kwnow if somebody can help me with some information about a pet friendlty appartment in Montreal. I am looking for a place starting 1 july in Longueuil if it's possible (be cause of my school) but any other place would be good if it's pet friendly or if it has a park near by. I would appreciate some help. Thank you all!

If you can get ahold of the Courrier du Longueuil there is a section for apartment rentals.