Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog issue

LukeAVOlk
December 13th, 2006, 03:24 PM
My dog is a big dog skinny kind dont know the breed but in the last month he has started to not realy eat and push it aside or push stuff on the food. I thoguht he did nto like the food anymore so i got some new food still does it dont know what 2 do any advice. i will tell bout where he stays he is in the back yard he uses a small barn looking house we have straw and blankets in there 2 lay on he pushes the hay ovewr the food when i put the food out there.

Any help anyone cant figure it out

THX

~michelle~
December 13th, 2006, 03:27 PM
your dog need to see a vet. not eating could signify many health problems, especially if his appetite was fine before. he could be feeling ill and associate the food with this feeling. how are his stools? you should bring a stool sample to the vet and go from there.
i will warn you many people on this forum will ask you as to why you have an outdoor dog. is he frequently interacting with the family? dogs need to feel part of a pack.

Daizy
December 13th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Could you take him to a vet and get him checked out just in case it is more than him not liking his food?!

heidiho
December 13th, 2006, 03:52 PM
A big skinny dog not eating that lives in backyard,maybe that is why he isnt eating he is tired of living in a backyard.uy veh!!!!!!:mad: