Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

christmas presents

jessi76
December 12th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I'm done shopping for them, and so far I'm averaging about $115 spent so far on the pet presents. (eeegads...)

not to mention the stuffies & treats I bought for other dogs... my parent's pooch, my friends dogs, etc... they all get a little something from us. so I finished shopping the other day - came in w/ 2 large bags from the pet supply store, and Tucker starts nosing through...

oooh, mom went "where the pets go"....oooooh.....
me: "hey! no peeking."
tucker: hmmmph.
me: seriously, it's coal for you, buddy.

i get them wrapped, and upstairs in the spare room, in a bag. all neatly marked w/ dog names on them. I go down stairs to watch tv... suddenly, it's "too quiet". I go in to the livingroom and what do I see? wrapping paper everywhere! Tucker went upstairs, into the spare room, into the bag, pulled out the OTHER dogs gifts, took them down to the couch and unwrapped them. it was soooo funny, I wish I had a camera.

so is everyone done shopping for their furries? did you successfully hide "the goods"?

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 05:52 PM
lol mine did that to me last year.:D The broke into the cupboard where I hid all the toys.:D

Not sure how many gifts they'll get this year though... Times are tough and we already bought Boo boots and jemma a coat...:o

rainbow
December 12th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Well, Chase is getting a new knee this year but it won't be until after Xmas. Logan decided he wanted to help out so is donating his present money to help pay for Chase's knee. :D

Frenchy
December 12th, 2006, 08:49 PM
How nice of Logan Rainbow ! Mine are getting new doggie beds...but DON'T TELL THEM !

Lissa
December 14th, 2006, 11:13 AM
So Tucker only wanted to unwrap them and not play/eat them:D??? VERY cute!

Dodger is being majorly spoiled this year:o He's probably had more money spent on him than all myf amily members combined (except the spoiled cousins who need designer clothing)....

I was all set for Christmas last year because I bought x-mas toys for 75% off... In addition to the toys bought last year, he has treats, a new set of bowls (that he's already using), a carting harness and a soft-sided crate (that he's not amused about) and he needs a bed for it too:rolleyes: He's also getting venison:p I think the venison alone would be Dodger's idea of a Merry Christmas.

technodoll
December 14th, 2006, 11:23 AM
ooooh prezzies! :cloud9: ok i bought them 3 last month and they already got 2 of them... sigh. the last one i'll wrap up and let them have fun with the paper :D it's a plush birdhouse, with 3 holes and 3 little plush squeaky birds in it. they have to dig the birds out to make 'em squeak, should be fun to watch!

maika will get a doggie bed after xmas (must watch for those sales...) and dakotah, dunno yet. he likes everything but doesn't need anything! :rolleyes:

jessi76
December 14th, 2006, 11:24 AM
yeah, for some odd reason, he only unwrapped them... he could of easily played w/ the toys, eaten the biscuits, and chewed the nylabones, but only unwrapped them! I swear, I should just wrap empty boxes for him, he'd be happy w/ that.

ooooooh Dodger is one spoiled pup! I love it! (heck, I'd spoil him too!)

he doesn't like the new crate?

ETA: TD, I got Tucker a large plush dog bed this year (now that he's older and past his chewing stages). I got it at Target for $40. has a zip off, machine wash, cover on it.

~michelle~
December 14th, 2006, 11:31 AM
i didnt get the pups anything for xmas were going to wait till after..... but my mom boought all five of the pets something!!

Lissa
December 14th, 2006, 11:37 AM
yeah, for some odd reason, he only unwrapped them... he could of easily played w/ the toys, eaten the biscuits, and chewed the nylabones, but only unwrapped them! I swear, I should just wrap empty boxes for him, he'd be happy w/ that.

ooooooh Dodger is one spoiled pup! I love it! (heck, I'd spoil him too!)

he doesn't like the new crate?

It's so adorable that Tucker just enjoyed unwrapping them!!! Dodger would have be "Mine Mine MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" [slobbering all over them]

As a puppy, Dodger used to hurt himself trying to get out of his wire crate and since crating is not something I agreed with, I never bothered. But for trials, he needs a crate so I figured it was time to stop delaying and get to it.... He accepts it but he will never relax in it.:p

SARAH
December 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I know I won't be able to wait if I buy now, so I wait till next week :) thinking of some treat, as they have enough toys floating around on the living room floor as it is, and their beds are new.

But the funny thing is, there are presents under the tree for Lewis and myself, FROM the three of THEM :confused: (OK, I helped them put the presents there, hush, I was just playing Santa's helper)

dtbmnec
December 14th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I just bought my boys new catnip balls and gave them to them....

I'm not sure if that's a mistake or not....the house does look like a tonado hit it now....

Megan

mummummum
December 16th, 2006, 09:31 PM
What's with the "...I already gave them the presents" ????? We've still got nine days to go gang !!!

Okay...Ceili got a ramp and it's out of the box but it was for uhhhhhhhh... Santa Lucia day ? Saturnalia ? :o

In the window of Dogfathers I saw a great stuffed toy which I assume has a squeaker in it ~ a cartoony too-cool muscle-man kinda guy with a t-shirt that says "The Ex". Hehehehehe ~ I can see that being fairly therapeutic.

rainbow
December 18th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Well hubby noticed the nylabone Chase was chewing on looked a little worn......maybe Santa will bring a little something for the boys after all. :fingerscr