Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Projectile vomiting

joanitar
December 12th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Hi!
Just found your website and was hoping for some info, from anyone at this point!
My daughter has 3 Pugs and recently adopted a 4 month old French bulldog puppy. He looks healthy and enjoys a good romp with his other house mates. He is in the process of being trained to go outside, but still has accidents. What bothers us most is the projectile vomiting that he suffers from. I've now brought him to my house, thinking maybe there was too much excitement going on with 3 other dogs, but he still vomits 4-5 times a day. Even when he does not eat anything. He can spew 2 feet! Food regurgitated is wet, but not digested, and it is the previous meal, not the current. We cut down all treats to control what goes in, and hopefully what comes out. He was taken to a vet and given some anti-biotics when he first came, but the vomiting continues. We sure would appriciate some info on this, before we traumatize him with x-rays and maybe surgery. Or run out of papertowels! Thanks!

Hunter's_owner
December 12th, 2006, 12:36 PM
What does he eat? It could be a food intolerance...but I'm not sure:shrug:

Have you considered getting a second opinion from a vet?

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I think you need to go back to the vet.

jawert1
December 12th, 2006, 02:41 PM
He definitely needs to go back to the vet, and I would also insist on them doing barium x-rays. The barium may well pick up a blockage that's preventing him from properly digesting food. Allergy testing is also in order, since he may have a complete intolerance to certain ingredients. Good luck and keep us posted on how he fares :pawprint: