Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

HELP,our dog was stolen from us!

Shae
December 12th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Hi everybody....I need your help passing this information along all over the web. Its a long shot but you never know if someone from my neck of the woods sees this or ? Im just getting desperate now. Tried the papers,police,SPCA,media,posters, phonebooks,etc etc
Please read on........Im posting in here only there is a thread above with pics of our beloved Blue.

DOG STOLEN FROM OUR HOME

Our dog Blueberry was stolen Nov 11th. The man (late 20's??) started an argument with me in our yard at approx 2:30pm. I told him I was going to call the police. At which point he took off with our dog in his car. I attempted to stop him by hammering the windows and yelling loudly to attract attention but our neighbours were not home to help me.
Police have been notified
Here is our dog's description

*Australian Cattle Dog ( Blue Heeler)
*Blue in colour (dark grey/white/ tan feet)
*Neutered male
*Piece missing from his tongue (front)
*deformed dewclaw (upside down)
*Microchip # 968000004216659 (SPCA and any vet can scan free of charge to obtain this number)
*Tattoo in ear # AANS281
*Answers to Blueberry, Blue or Berry

The male that took Blue is a white male
small/medium build
reddish very short hair
I recall he was wearing a thick gold chain Discovered person responsible for this cowardly and cruel act is named either ROB (or ROD) Spencer. (according to a source I questioned) Dog was taken from Maple Ridge but car licence was registered in Mission under a females name and the wrong address.(green chysler?)
PLEASE PLEASE if you see our dog contact me IMMEDIATELY.

Sharon 778-988-9107
Thank you all for your help
We are all so worried about our Blue and miss him dearly
Below are a couple photos of our Blue.
Thank you again
Sharon
message 778 988 9107

This man was previous owner of Blue. He surrendered Blue to my family as Blue escaped from his yard on a daily basis and would arrive scratching on our door. The SPCA finally got involved and was "hassling" him (his words) He was abusive and neglectful to this dog. Charges would have been filed most likely unless dog was surrenderd to myself or the BCSPCA. This man arrived wanting to say "hi" to Blueberry. I was home alone with my daughters and felt immediately uneasy and knew if I refused this guy was going to bust in to my home. He played with Blue in the yard and I was there the entire time at which point he informed me he's been watching us and says this dog is inside the house too much and how cruel we are to him. I told him that was ridiculous and that Blue is either inside with us or in the backyard with his best friend Hayllie (our other rescue) and never left home alone as he LOVES car rides and goes with us everywhere. He got right into my face and started yelling at me (no clue what he was saying....he was def. on something) then dared me to call the cops. I was so scared at this point I turned and yelled for my little girl to call 911 at which point he ordered Blue into his car. I grabbed the guys arm and he shoved me hard.I screamed for help and began hammering his car windows and then jumped in front of his car but he sped up and almost ran me over. My 12 year old daughter fell down the front steps screaming and pleading with him not to take her doggy away. It was horrible and upsetting. My daughter (the 12 yr old) didnt eat for more than a week and it wasnt until I told her I was taking her into the hospital that she ate something. Her grades have dropped and are not improving. She's depressed and cries in her sleep. She even requested instead of spending money on Christmas this year to please put the money into a reward fund for Blue.
I want to give my daughter back her dog for Christmas and yes, if Blue does come home, we will have to move and are talking to realtors now....but dont want to leave in case Blue finds his way back here himself.
Please fwd this info widely esp if you are in BC.
Thank you all so much
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/animaladvocate1969/Blueberry033.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/animaladvocate1969/Blueberry023.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/animaladvocate1969/Blueberry016.jpg

erykah1310
December 12th, 2006, 01:12 AM
:grouphug: Im so sorry... I hope you find him:sad:

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 01:22 AM
I'm so sorry! Good luck. :fingerscr :fingerscr

TeriM
December 12th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I'm in North Van and will definately keep an eye out for him. Good luck!

Shae
December 12th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks so much guys. :fingerscr

jessi76
December 12th, 2006, 10:14 AM
that was heartbreaking to read.... I'm so sorry. I'm not in your area (or even close) but please know my thoughts & prayers are with you & your family for a safe return for Blue.

badger
December 12th, 2006, 12:27 PM
If the dog is legally yours, and with the information you have, have you been to the police? You could report the assault as well, which would be grounds to bring him in.
This guy sounds like a real prize. Even if you get the chance, I wouldn't approach him, he could be dangerous and possible armed.
Please talk to the police, at the very least.

Shae
December 12th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Oh my, of course I spoke with the police. I called them at the time of the incident. They didnt even come to the house. Just took statement over the phone. The car wasnt his ...they traced the plate number and went to the house and according tho the person who answered door that person no longer lives there. End of story. They arent much help anymore.......to them he's just a dog I guess

Hunter's_owner
December 12th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Oh wow, I would like to think that they would have been more helpful than that:frustrated:

So sorry to hear about your situation. If there was anyway I could help I would. I am keeping you in my thoughts and praying for his safe return:pray: :grouphug:

rainbow
December 12th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Oh my, of course I spoke with the police. I called them at the time of the incident. They didnt even come to the house. Just took statement over the phone. The car wasnt his ...they traced the plate number and went to the house and according tho the person who answered door that person no longer lives there. End of story. They arent much help anymore.......to them he's just a dog I guess

Would it not help if you laid assault charges against the guy? Then wouldn't an arrest warrent be put out on him?

If this moron is on drugs he has likely sold Blue for money to supply his habit. :sad:

I have forwarded your info and Blue's pics to everyone I know in B.C. Fingers crossed for Blue's safe return. :fingerscr :fingerscr

Shae
December 12th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks Rainbow.....I have already thought of that but it's interesting.....police say he didn't physically hurt or injure me so ??? They say they dont have enough to go on and that his name is too common?
Thanks for the kind words of support everyone.........Its appreciated and much needed. *hugs*

LL1
December 12th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I am so sorry!

badger
December 12th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Pretty shocking. At least he's neutered, so the guy won't be able to breed him (I know, small comfort). But a BYB wouldn't be interested, so it excludes that possibility. I'd bring the SPCA which threatened to lay charges up to speed, perhaps they could send out an alert to all their 'sister' organizations. This guy isn't even supposed to have an animal.
Good luck, I hope fate brings Blue back to you.

rainbow
December 13th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Shae, in case you were worried....I did not include the last photo above when I sent out my email.

Since you know who he is, is there any way you can find out where he lives and dognap Blue?

Please keep us updated. :fingerscr :fingerscr

rainbow
December 26th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Any luck finding Blue? :fingerscr :fingerscr

chico2
December 26th, 2006, 03:59 PM
OMG,what a terrible experience and ongoing:sad:
Since dogs/cats are considered property in this country and not familymembers,would this jerk not be thought of as a thief,who stole your property??
I hope this nightmare will have a happy ending for your family and Blue:fingerscr :pray:

Mahealani770
January 3rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
What a freakin nut job! Poor Blue :sad: I'll be praying for your family and Blue, Shae :candle: :fingerscr

twisten
January 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
What about going to the papers with the story? It's a heartbreaking one and surely some journalist would pursue it??

mojo&morgan
January 5th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I just joined, and just read this post. I am so sorry for you. What you've experienced is horrible, heartbreaking and my prayers are with you.

mojo&morgan
January 5th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Twisten has a really good point. Contact your local paper, and post their email address here, if they get a strong response, they can't ignore the story.
And I can't imagine that anyone on this site wouldn't take a minute to send an email for something this important.