Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

the worst gift you've ever gotten was.........

jiorji
December 11th, 2006, 11:21 PM
this was inspired by TD's own "what to say about the special gift" thread.

So i'm curious....what bad things have you gotten that made you go
"wow......:eek: .....really you shouldn't have...":o

here's mine
this one year a friend of mine went Xmas shopping and I was wearing this striped sweater. We were at this clothing store and they had the same kind but in a turtleneck. It was EXACTLY the same!! I did afterall buy it from the same place:rolleyes: . So anyway, this friend turns and says I have to wait outside for a while. I said "okkk...sure." After a while she comes back and conversation led to Xmas gifts and I said something about how it's fun that people get creative.
That next weekend we were supposed to get together for gift exchange and she said she was busy and that she had nothing for me yet and i said that was weird since she told me my gift was already wrapped up and all.:confused: She said she ended up returning it because of what i said.

Turns out she bought me that striped sweater that was exactly as the sweater I ALREADY had!! :shrug: lol weird girl. I was thinking "are you ...kidding?!?!"

so who's next??

Prin
December 11th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Princess thongs. HA HA.:rolleyes: Please don't assume you're the first one, nor will you probably be the last one, to give me a thong with "Princess" written on it. No, it's not funny. :shrug:

jiorji
December 11th, 2006, 11:26 PM
HAHHA prin...so I assume you have a pretty big collection of Princess underwear??:cool:

Prin
December 11th, 2006, 11:29 PM
:rolleyes: I've never worn any of it. A lot of them are either enormous or teeny, "because they were the last ones". So, so glad you snatched them up. :thumbs up

technodoll
December 11th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Please don't assume you're the first one, nor will you probably be the last one, to give me a thong with "Princess" written on it

awe dang it. there goes my xmas prezzie idea :frustrated: :D

um... a super expensive fancy thong & bra set. stuff i would never wear, it's so uncomfortable... :frustrated: at least i got to go back to the store and exchange that for 2 teddies, 1 bathrobe, 1 pyjama and 1 nightgown. PRACTICAL stuff!! :o (who the h3ll spends $350 on a bra and panties??)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 11th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I cherish all my gifts no matter how unfitting. :evil: :D

my mom usually gets me gifts I dont really want - one year she got me one of those sweat shirts with a cute bunny on it with a ribbon on it - she kept asking why I never wore it.:evil: :D

other bad gifts

ciggarettes
diapers
a wine cooler that I gave my mom the year before
a bible

:D

jiorji
December 11th, 2006, 11:40 PM
wow $350 underwear...must've been from a man

lol JECM...a bible

technodoll
December 11th, 2006, 11:41 PM
ciggarettes
diapers
a wine cooler that I gave my mom the year before
a bible

i'm sorry but... aaaaaaaaahahahhahahhaaaaaaaaaa! :D you have some strange friends and/or relatives :D

Prin
December 11th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Oh sweaters with sticky-outy things on them are the worst. I'm glad I never got one. (Don't even think about it, techno! :D)

technodoll
December 11th, 2006, 11:42 PM
wow $350 underwear...must've been from a man

yeah... first xmas with hubby. i told him if he wanted to impress me, to buy me a new set of pots and pans :p

technodoll
December 11th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Oh sweaters with sticky-outy things on them are the worst. I'm glad I never got one. (Don't even think about it, techno! )

great. now what's left, a toaster? :frustrated:

Prin
December 11th, 2006, 11:49 PM
lol nope, not even a toaster. Toaster is all I in herited from my grandmother. :o I love my toaster.

erykah1310
December 11th, 2006, 11:54 PM
I cant think of the worst christmas gift ever, but the most unfitting one was definately from my gramma. ( Just as the alzheimers was starting)
She shopped on her own that year and well. I was 21... I got this funky art thing for ages 3+... It brought tears to my eyes, cause she really thought it was something i would enjoy. I was actually so touched..:( Im miss my gramma:sad: she's still alive but... well that was 5 years ago.

Prolly my most cherished wrong christmas gift.

technodoll
December 11th, 2006, 11:55 PM
awe, erykah :grouphug:

jiorji
December 11th, 2006, 11:56 PM
awwwwwwwwwww that;s actually cute ERykah

Prin
December 11th, 2006, 11:56 PM
ooooo I thought of another one! I'm not joking, ok?

I got... ONE pair of socks... with the price tag on it: 3 for 0.99.

Prin
December 11th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Aww, Erykah, that's sweet. :grouphug:

erykah1310
December 11th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Its alright guys im not getting all sentimental or anything,just the memory list coming out... Alzheimers... makes for interesting christmas's thats for sure.... 2 years later my gramma stole every pair of thongs my mom owned out of her dresser.... we have no idea why, but she did:D

jiorji
December 11th, 2006, 11:58 PM
ooooo I thought of another one! I'm not joking, ok?

HAHHAHAHA that's awesome!

oohhh my mom's friend, bless her she supports my crazed pet obsession, for my bday she got me only toys for my pets, and she got me this hamster shack that would attack to those hamster tubings, but she got it for my guinea pig and she's too big hehe

I just said thanx and put it away:o

technodoll
December 11th, 2006, 11:59 PM

seriously. that's the equivalent of a lump of coal in your christmas stocking. what were you up to that year? :eek:

(gotta go wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes now... thanks alot!)

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Well...I'm LMAO but I have nothing to add... We have too many vet bills to spend money on non-doggy Christmas presents. The upside is that I never get a bad one. :D

mummummum
December 12th, 2006, 12:18 AM
oo Oo Oo ... I GAVE lumps of coal last year !! Yup, all nicely packaged from Renovation Hardware ~ they're really cute ! Honest...:rolleyes:

jiorji
December 12th, 2006, 12:20 AM
mumumumu who was the lucky person to get such a gift??:D

mummummum
December 12th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Well, every year I get a bag of bags (but that's rather practical I think).

One year my EX came home with my Christmas gift nicely wrapped in a Becker's bag (receipt was thjoughtfully intact). One carton of ciggies (as I had just announced I would be quitting I thought this rather interesting timing), a set of plastic mini-socket wrenches whose handles shattered in my hulk-like strong-man's grip the first time I used them, a package of pens and notepad and of course the ubiquitous Christmas Brooch replete with flaking paint ready to tarnish whatever yiou pin it to within seconds. Anyone wanna take a guess how much longer that marriage lasted ? :rolleyes:
You know who has AMAZING taste out of all those who buy me gifts ? Why, my dawgs of course ~ they ALWAYS know just the perfect little indulgence.:D

mummummum
December 12th, 2006, 12:28 AM
mumumumu who was the lucky person to get such a gift??:D

Why EVERYONE of course. I like to spread joy wherever I go...:evil:

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Why EVERYONE of course. I like to spread joy wherever I go...:evil:

Coal is a practical gift. All summer it serves as a fine paperweight and you can burn it when it gets cold :thumbs up Good choice, MMM! :D

TeriM
December 12th, 2006, 02:02 AM
One year my dad got me a set of bath stuff that was musk scent (from Body Shop). He was just so proud that he had done his own shopping without mom's help. Unfortunately the smell actually makes me feel ill but of course I pretended to love it and then he bought the same scent for me next year :yuck: .

Hubby gets so stressed out when he has to buy gifts that now I just make a list every year and let him pick from that. That way we both get what we want :D .

Wow, TD $350 on bra and panties. That is wrong in so many ways!

jiorji
December 12th, 2006, 02:05 AM

i really hope no guy ever gets me that. He';d have a really hard time finding the size... -A?!?! lol

socks will be fine:D

erykah1310
December 12th, 2006, 02:09 AM
One year my dad got me a set of bath stuff that was musk scent (from Body Shop). He was just so proud that he had done his own shopping without mom's help. Unfortunately the smell actually makes me feel ill but of course I pretended to love it and then he bought the same scent for me next year :yuck: .

I get Calgon blue EVERY YEAR from my mom, and i have scent allergies.:shrug: She remembers when i open it, but the next year.... more calgon blue:shrug:

Maybe not this year:pray:

TeriM
December 12th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Calgon ... take me away.

Wow, they still make that stuff?

erykah1310
December 12th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Yes, my mom keeps them in buisness.:rolleyes:

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 02:17 AM
i really hope no guy ever gets me that. He';d have a really hard time finding the size... -A?!?! lolSee if you get Victoria's Secret catalogs every week, and you point out the same bra every week, chances are you'll get what you want.:D

jiorji
December 12th, 2006, 02:22 AM
See if you get Victoria's Secret catalogs every week, and you point out the same bra every week, chances are you'll get what you want.:D

i hate wearing bras. And i'm no fan of Victoria either...i find it too conservative for me. I'd rather point to things in a camera/photo catalogue

oooohhhh *drool*

TeriM
December 12th, 2006, 02:28 AM
TMI Jiorji :yell:

jiorji
December 12th, 2006, 02:29 AM
lol uhhh okkk......

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 02:32 AM
lol TeriM doesn't want to know what kind of kink you're into.:D

See, for us older ladies (hehe) we need some extra support... We can't go around all open like you youngins do.:D

jiorji
December 12th, 2006, 02:40 AM
wait til you have kids....accidental kids that is....then they're REAAAAAAALLy sag haha

technodoll
December 12th, 2006, 09:22 AM

i know! :frustrated: "le jaby" stuff - he wanted to impress me? but i never wear that fancy stuff, i like to sleep in oversized t-shirts and sweatpants! plus the lace is so thick and stiff and uncomfortable... and IMO, men only get women underwear cuz THEY want to see it worn, so in fact it's a gift for THEM and not for the woman! cuz we can't see our own underwear, right? :frustrated: OK it worked, he never got me lingerie again! :thumbs up

Rick C
December 12th, 2006, 09:37 AM
A very graphic and frankly morbid book on "The World Of Insects."

This came last year from a woman who would subsequently, in 2006, give her frequently absent oilpatch husband a dose of STD.

We have a very deep and eclectic library in our home - more than a thousand titles - but that was very peculiar . . . . and later ironic.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

papillonmama
December 12th, 2006, 09:52 AM
The flu, and they didn't even send it with a card!

cpietra16
December 12th, 2006, 09:53 AM
One of my ex boyfriends once gave me a battery recharger hence the "ex" followed soon after.:D

technodoll
December 12th, 2006, 09:56 AM
This came last year from a woman who would subsequently, in 2006, give her frequently absent oilpatch husband a dose of STD.

i don't get it... what is an oilpatch husband, and who is this poor guy? :confused: :eek:

meb999
December 12th, 2006, 10:15 AM
LOL! These are tooo funny! I love the o,33$ socks (lucky Prin!!)

ok my WORSE gift...

think of astro turf (you know the fake plastic grass they put on tennis courts and golf hmmm stuff)?

Now imagine astro-turff on gloves. winter gloves. made of astro-turff. winter gloves. To be worn outside. in public.

My SIL thought they were 'me'. thanks.

Hunter's_owner
December 12th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah those gloves sound great:rolleyes:

I have gotten socks like that too Prin. The price tag wasn't on, but they were rolled up, and you could tell that they came in a pack of 3:D

I also received a used toothbrush:eek:
It came in a set, it was a mini travel toothbrush and toothpaste. It really looked like it wasn't opened. When I opened it I saw the dried toothpaste around the bottom of the bristles:yuck: It must have been a last minute thing, and they grabbed something out of the cupboard that they thought they never used before.:frustrated:

chico2
December 12th, 2006, 10:25 AM
My worst present,hmmmmm,there has been many over the years..
However after I've told everyone how I HATE purple(on me)my ex DIL gave me a PURPLE granny-nightie,with a lot of fluff:frustrated:
My reaction"thank's I LOVE purple":evil:

technodoll
December 12th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I also received a used toothbrush

OMG! that's a heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy present all right! :eek: oh man that is so wrong for so many reasons :yuck:

Hunter's_owner
December 12th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Yep, its wrong alright:yuck:
I wanted to tell them about it, but I never could bring myself to say it:rolleyes:

Rick C
December 12th, 2006, 11:01 AM
i don't get it... what is an oilpatch husband, and who is this poor guy? :confused: :eek:

It's a terrible thing when I have to explain my jokes!!

Typical in the Alberta oilpatch is the boy off working and living at an oilrig in the bush for three weeks and returning home for two weeks . . . . leaving the missus with lots of time on her hands back in town . . . . . if you get my drift.

My wife's nephew . . . . . and his soon-to-be ex-wife.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

technodoll
December 12th, 2006, 11:04 AM
rick, we have no oil here in quebec, only poutine and snow, LOL! noooowwww i get it... oooh evil. :evil:

jessi76
December 12th, 2006, 11:44 AM
worst gift.... blinds. my bf actually bought me blinds one year. I had BIG windows, so the boxes looked like maybe ski's or something, I was sooooo excited.... opened it up to find blinds. blinds?!?

2rd worst.... a japenese puzzle box. this gift was just plain EVIL. and in fact, I have the one pictured...

for anyone who doesn't know about these - they are made of little wooden slats that each move in a different direction, in VERY SMALL incriments. once you move them all - you can open the box. my bf actually considered putting a piece of jewelry inside - thank god he didn't - I NEVER OPENED THE BOX. I COULDN'T OPEN THE BOX. THE BOX DROVE ME TO DRINKING. I NEARLY THREW IT IN THE STREET AND DROVE OVER IT.

interesting gift? yes. #1 was to piss off your gf? YES.

technodoll
December 12th, 2006, 11:50 AM
he he he jessi! you can always re-gift it to prin! :evil: :D

SARAH
December 12th, 2006, 12:15 PM
It wasn't me, but I know my dad and his 5-years older brother one year painted rabbits-poo with gold paint, strung them together with red ribbon, and gave their parents for Christmas :)

The background being, that whenever they'd ask what their presents were, my grandparents would say "Poo on a long string"

I have a feeling there were lots of laughter around the tree that night :)

(Oh, in Norway, Christmas gifts and meal are on the 24th evening, with everyone all dressed up, not 25th morning with hair all out of place and forgotten make-up all over the face, lol)

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Rick I liked your joke. Very morbid and funny. :D If your life was a book, that book would have been a foreshadow.:D

HO, that's not a heyyyyy present. That one, if it were me, would be an open and loud, WTF?! :D

Sarah, that's pretty funny. Poo-floss.:D

jiorji
December 12th, 2006, 12:36 PM
hahah those are great

it's funny how those are supposed to be the "worst" but regular gifts don't have those kind of memories to last your life:cloud9: hehe

Hunter's_owner
December 12th, 2006, 12:42 PM
HO, that's not a heyyyyy present. That one, if it were me, would be an open and loud, WTF?! :D

Yeah, not much more you can say than that eh?

It is true what jiorji says, I mean we remember the really good gifts, but for the most part I don't remember my gifts. But this story seems to be the one we talk about every year. My father always says "I don't care what you get me just make sure its not a used toothbrush":rolleyes: :D

technodoll
December 12th, 2006, 12:46 PM
My father always says "I don't care what you get me just make sure its not a used toothbrush

he he he :D you KNOW somebody, some day, is gonna pull that stunt :D

Hunter's_owner
December 12th, 2006, 12:47 PM
You know I just might do it this year;) :D

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I remember a ton of my gifts. I never had much growing up, so everything I got mattered.:o Even if some of it did say "Erika" on it.:frustrated:

Hunter's_owner
December 12th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Too funny. It makes me feel a lot better now about people mis-spelling my name. I spell it Tracy, but most everyone else spells it Tracey, so every year any gifts with a name was always mis-spelled.

But atleast it was the right name:rolleyes:

erykah1310
December 12th, 2006, 01:06 PM
WHo's Erika???? Im Erika.. You had some of my gifts??? I knew santa was screwing up somewhere!

technodoll
December 12th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Prin's grandpa sometimes called her "erica" :o

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah, he didn't like my name so he chose another one. :rolleyes:

erykah1310
December 12th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Really :eek: Thats funny, just choose another one:rolleyes:

jiorji
December 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, he didn't like my name so he chose another one. :rolleyes:

LOL hahaha too funny
my grandmother on my dad's side would combine my name and hers when she called me and it would drive my mother NUTS!! haha
"listen tell your mother to stop doing that" she'd say to my dad.hehe

my parents once wrote the wrong name on the gift and it turned out I had my dad;s gift and he had mine. Santa must've been a little drunk that evening :rolleyes: hehe

x.l.r.8
December 12th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Mental note "take back, princess thongs (damn) socks, bath set, battery charger, set of tools"
Seroiusly we can't do right, our 3rd or 4th year in our new house together my wife wanted a new oven, so i delivered pizza's, worked in a bar along with being a newly qualified nurse working 6 days a week. I saved everything I had and got the best i could afford, it was just over 1000 or $2300 and EVERY one of her friends had a go at me for it, so much so I ended hating the thing. I let her know years later and she wondered why I never brought her anything she wanted after that. Now I have to think a year in advance, if the gift still seems like a winner a week before it's needed (birthday, Christmas ect) then it's usually a winner. If not I cringe at what I may have brought, we shop together so we put a lot of effort into gifts but I never thought of a used toothbrush.:eek: My parents used to reley on our presents, if we don't get my dad socks he goes barefooted for the year and my Mum used to plead for us to by his after-shave as left alone he would wear 'brute' (he still wears 'pie' (can't find the symbol) as my Mum used to love that scent on him) so to what I may think are bad presents, other really like, however my poor Dad will get 'my worst present award' he brought me a train set, it was a perfect set except I had never shown any interest in trains at 8,9, 10, 12, 14 so why at 16 when I was out on my motorcycle picking up my then girlfriend (now my wife) did he think I wanted a trainset I have no idea, we never had money and I know he spent a lot on it, it's still set up in the loft at his home, unused for 18 years. I will NEVER ask him about it as that would be seen as showing an interest and he would try and palm it off on me again. My mother just used to roll her eyes at the mention of it (she scoured every second hand store to find me a leather jacket to keep me safe) and some propper gloves (she had a work friend giving her advice on what would be good) if only they had spoken to my Dad as well. choo choo! :yell:

jesse's mommy
December 12th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I actually have two and surprise, they are both from my honey. The first was before we started dating. We were really good friends before we started dating and Christmas came around and I got him some stuff as a friend. I got him paintballs for his paintball gun and a bottle of something (I don't remember what it was, but I know it wasn't cheap. :frustrated: ). So he's surprised that I got him a gift because "guy friends don't do that stuff", but for me I got him stuff because he was my friend and I knew he didn't have any family here. I even invited him over to Christmas dinner with my family. So, anyway, for some reason he felt obligated to get me something in return and he went to Toys R Us and got me a nerf gun that shot out foam rockets. :confused:

The other time was for my birthday about two years ago. We still lived in Maryland and he had come down here to Florida for a weekend to help refinish his parents bathroom and his mom took him out to Disney to "Property Control". Basically property control is the place for Disney employees to go shopping -- kind of like the behind the scenes place. Well, he bought my birthday presents there and brought them back. So my birthday rolls around and he is pulling out the gifts -- of course not wrapped, he refused to wrap anything. :frustrated: So, he's proud of himself and is giving me these gifts which is basically all costume jewelry from Disney. Literally the "Disney Princess" bracelets with the big fake stones and rings that turned your finger green within a day. A whole pile of this junk. I tried so hard to be thankful for it, but it just festered in me for about two months when I gave it to him about how cheap he was for giving me junk costume jewelry from Disney considering I rarely even wear jewelry. :yell:

Stacer
December 12th, 2006, 06:46 PM
This isn't the worst, but rather the strangest gift. Last year my sister bought us what she thought was a vase. The box it was in only allowed you to see the middle of the "vase" it was a clear mouth blown glass with a streak of yellow through it. So hubby and I open it and we pull out this giant egg with a stand to display it. My sister was like "Oh my God, I thought it was a vase!" She apologized and offered to return it for something else. I couldn't let a giant egg slip from my possession, so we have it displayed prominently and everyone asks why we have a giant egg.

Angus loves the egg
http://static.flickr.com/127/320822580_a4af7885f8.jpg

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 06:48 PM
lol that is bizarre! :eek: (In a good way)

JM, I would probably have loved the nerf thing.:D:o The other one... not so much. :D

jesse's mommy
December 12th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Oh the nerf thing was fun, but weird. :confused: I would think if he felt obligated about giving me a gift he would have stopped at the dollar store and got me a candle or something. I have no idea where he pulled the nerf thing from.....unless it was a regift. :frustrated:

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 07:08 PM
But then you get to shoot him with it when he least expects it. :evil:

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Right in the eye! :evil:

He probably got it from the paint gun idea... ;)

Frenchy
December 12th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Funny how my mom gave me my best AND worst present ! :D 2 years ago, a flashlight !!!! And she paid like $50 something for it. It's very practical, rechargable and everything. I had just bought this house and she said ; but it's so dark here , you need a good flashlight ! :shrug:

Frenchy
December 12th, 2006, 08:11 PM
TD $350 for underwear ? :eek:

jiorji
December 12th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Funny how my mom gave me my best AND worst present ! :D 2 years ago, a flashlight !!!! And she paid like $50 something for it. It's very practical, rechargable and everything. I had just bought this house and she said ; but it's so dark here , you need a good flashlight ! :shrug:

you;ll need it to find Lilly in the dark:D

Frenchy
December 12th, 2006, 09:13 PM
you;ll need it to find Lilly in the dark:D

OHH Jiorji, you just reminded me about another christmas gift for the gang! I have to find those little blinking things you attach to their collar ! WHERE CAN I FIND THOSE ??? :offtopic:

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2006, 11:03 PM
OHH Jiorji, you just reminded me about another christmas gift for the gang! I have to find those little blinking things you attach to their collar ! WHERE CAN I FIND THOSE ??? :offtopic:

The pets.ca store handles them--one came in the prize package... :thumbs up

technodoll
December 12th, 2006, 11:11 PM
wow JM :eek: those are bad prezzies! and you still married him? :D

frenchy, i looove practical gifts like that! everybody needs a flashlight. your mom rocks!

that giant egg scares me. angus... just push your legs out a bit... he he he! kidding :cat:

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 11:17 PM
that giant egg scares me. angus... just push your legs out a bit... he he he! kidding :cat:
LOL LOL :D :highfive:

trippincherri
December 12th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Okay some of these gifts really suck lol.
I can't believe you weren't worth all 3 pairs of socks Prin ha ha ha, you MUST HAVE been a very bad girl that year.
I don't get why men think expensive lingerie is "thoughtful", ummm for them maybe, but it spends more time on the FLOOR beside the bed then on you.
Sexy gift for the floor I guess.

I have a VERY crappy gift. Keep in mind I was like 16 and been dating this guy for about 7 months. He gave me this gift all nicely wrapped...so I was excited.
I get home and open it, find a little porcelain cat (that was made in shop class at school) and a video tape.
Here's the awful part: You ready?
The porcelain cat was not made by my boyfriend, it was stolen from another classmate who HAD made it.
And the video tape was a RECORDED off t.v Porno!!!

Ya so not only was my boyfriend a thief but he was a pervert too.
We broke up soon after that.
I kept the porcelain kitty though, when I take it out of my keepsake box it still makes me smile at the mistakes I made when picking boyfriends.

technodoll
December 12th, 2006, 11:42 PM
The porcelain cat was not made by my boyfriend, it was stolen from another classmate who HAD made it.

sorry but... aaahahhhhahaa! that is terrible :D so you kept the cat but not the tape eh? was it worn out? he ehhehehehe! :D

pamha
December 13th, 2006, 12:07 AM
This wasn`t even a Christmas present, but this guy I was dating (I was having serious doubts about him even before this) brought me a 3ft high stuffed Santa. He had to ride it over on his motorcycle. I don`t know why, maybe he had to get rid of it :evil: Its a scary looking Santa too. And even wierder, we still have it. Hubby thinks we should put it out every year and every year we don`t. I was going to offer it on Freecycle but have to check to see if there are any mouse nests in it first. Either way, its going out this year!

trippincherri
December 13th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Ha ha ha TD:p
The tape freaked me out lol...God only knows how long he had been "using it", or with whom he had shared it. :yuck:

jiorji
December 13th, 2006, 12:15 AM

did he mean to give you that?? .....if yes my next question is.....whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? lol

the funniest gift i got from a guy was in 3rd grade when i had my first crush and he liked me too (awww) and they have this holiday where you're supposed togive flowers to the girl in your life(kind alike valentine's day but it's combined with a mother's day thing). Anyway....so this guy gave me this carnatian...but it was just the flower bud...and he sprayed it with this REAAALLY sleezy smelling perfume lol
I was so ga-ga over that, that I didn't care about the horrid smell. My mom came in my room and she was like "what IS that smell??" hahah

trippincherri
December 13th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah he did mean to give that to me lol, it was all wrapped up in the box.
I don't know why he gave me that, I was too disgusted to ask.
I told him I threw it out and he was like "well did you at least watch it first?"
Umm no, the only watching I got out of it was watching it fall to the bottom of the garbage bag.
What a Merry MERRY Christmas it was.

Shaykeija
December 13th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Worst gift.....One very preserved puffed up blow fish....shellacked...with a light inside......

jesse's mommy
December 13th, 2006, 06:51 AM
wow JM :eek: those are bad prezzies! and you still married him? :D

Trust me, he is VERY careful now about his gifts. I seriously put him in his place considering the gifts I get him. His response to the gifts I give him is, this is so awesome and is off playing with them, while my response is, thanks, I think I need a drink. :evil: The only thing I haven't convinced him of yet is actually wrapping the gifts, but that will come with time. :D

technodoll
December 13th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Worst gift.....One very preserved puffed up blow fish....shellacked...with a light inside......

ok... you win!!! :D :eek: he he haaaaaaaaaa!

Golden Girls
December 13th, 2006, 01:42 PM
OMG I'm laughing so hard ... I'm crying, what a great thread :thumbs up

LynLyn
December 13th, 2006, 02:05 PM
hehe the worst gift I had ever received was,

I had gotten into a huge fight with an ex boyfriend right before I gave him the last of our money to go grocery shopping.

He came home with roses to say sorry about the fight.

Sweet thought, but we had no food for the next two weeks, I threw the roses at him. and we got into another fight.

what a dumba**

Stacer
December 13th, 2006, 04:00 PM

He knows better than to mess with the egg!

Prin
December 13th, 2006, 04:56 PM
The only thing I haven't convinced him of yet is actually wrapping the gifts, but that will come with time. :D

Hey, he's ecofriendly. :cloud9: Just get him a big bag that he can reuse every year.:D

These are funny.:D

jesse's mommy
December 13th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Hey, he's ecofriendly. :cloud9:

No he's not, he's just lazy. :eek:

Frenchy
December 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Sweet thought, but we had no food for the next two weeks, I threw the roses at him. and we got into another fight.

what a dumba**

Oh yes, been there !!!

HunterXHunter
December 14th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I told him I threw it out and he was like "well did you at least watch it first?"
Umm no, the only watching I got out of it was watching it fall to the bottom of the garbage bag.

You should've watched it...

What if it was *originally* porn, but he had taped over it with a message of his own professing his love to you or wishing you a merry christmas :D

Oh yeah, and was the tape blurry, fuzzy, or out of focus?...like it had been watched over and over and over and... sorry, hehe, just had to ask :crazy:

HunterXHunter
December 14th, 2006, 10:10 AM
hehe the worst gift I had ever received was,

I had gotten into a huge fight with an ex boyfriend right before I gave him the last of our money to go grocery shopping.

He came home with roses to say sorry about the fight.

what a dumba**

LOL...sorry, it's sad and funny at the same time...

But that's so typical of guys to *not* look at the big picture and long-term impactivenes (is that even a word?) of our decisions...I think I might've done the same thing hehe :crazy:

trippincherri
December 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I actually DID fast forward through a bit of it cause I thought maybe he did tape over it, but no he didn't lol.
And it WAS fuzzy Hunter lol, lots of distortion.