Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

found cat- calico- Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue QC.

Reptile Watch
December 11th, 2006, 09:35 PM
We just picked up a cat that has been hanging around the Ecomuseum in Saint-Anne-de-Bellevue. Calico, female. looks old, skinny. Seems to have been gone from home awhile. I will post a picture tomorrow.

Julie

the gang
December 11th, 2006, 10:15 PM
poor baby thanks for taking her in, brenda and the pins, anything i can do????

Reptile Watch
December 12th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Well I woudl love to do a blood chemistry and FIV/FeLV test.. so if you have $$$, that woudl help.

Otherwise, I coudl use a foster for her since I have two SPCA rhino kitties here and I dont want to to get sick ( now she is in a dog cage, in my basement).

But I have this strong gut feeling that I have seen a missing cat add that fits her description.. awhile ago... somewhere

Julie

chico2
December 12th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Julie,thank's for taking here in,hopefully you are right about someone looking for her:fingerscr

rainbow
December 12th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks for taking her in. :angel: I hope you are right about your "gut feeling" and that she will somehow get re-united with her owner. :fingerscr

canine14
December 13th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Can you post a picture so we can help to ID her? If not, a physical description, i.e. is she a true calico, short- or long-haired, etc.?

If all fails, and she really is older, then I may be able to offer a home. I can only take in a precious few so I try to take the "un-adoptables."

Lisa.

cpietra16
December 13th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Canine14 you really are an:angel:

chico2
December 13th, 2006, 11:10 AM
I double that Lisa:love: :cat:

Golden Girls
December 13th, 2006, 12:05 PM
:fingerscr :cat:

rainbow
December 13th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Any updates? :fingerscr

Reptile Watch
December 16th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Here are two pics... sorry about the litter box one.. but it was hard to get pics of her cause she kept on comming close ot me to be petted.

Im really not sure of her age anymore.. her teeth look really young... but she is soooooooooo skinny and her third eyelids are part way up...maybe she is just really skinny from not eating before we found her. I am waiting for my vet to return from her honeymoon to have her examined.

Julie

chico2
December 16th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Awww,she is a little beauty:love:
:fingerscr that she'll get a clean bill of health:fingerscr
I am sure she is severely undernourished,but with love,care and food she'll be fine,unless she has other healthproblems.. Thank's for being a kitty:angel:

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 12:57 PM
She is very pretty. Are you planning on keeping her if you can't find her owner? Good luck at the vet and keep us posted. :fingerscr

Reptile Watch
December 16th, 2006, 05:55 PM
No I will not be able to keep her.. I already have 4 cats of my own and regularily foster cats for the SPCA. Unfortunately, after keeping her for 10 days ( she bit me two days ago - for observation), I will probably be forced to bring her to the SPCA ( with a DO NOT DESTROY on her file) because I no longer have the time or patience to wait till I find her a suitable home. I have adopted out at least 20 cats out of my home in the past 3 years.. and I am totally burnt out. I can't do it anymore because cats are very hard to move.

(still hoping to find a rescue to take her.. or even maybe my vet will take her at her clinic).

Julie

canine14
December 16th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Please PM me. I only want to take in one more for a while (after doing my own personal rescue like you have for the past few years). Since my cats always choose me, I have never been able to adopt personally the one kind of cat I have wanted since I was a kid: a calico.

Thanks.

Also, why did she bite you? Does she seem to get along with other cats and dogs?

marko
December 17th, 2006, 10:32 AM
This is a found pet - We'll let the post stand.

But only approved rescues can post pets for adoption.

Thread closed now.

Thx

Marko