Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for particular kind of muzzle...

TMac
December 11th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a nylon muzzle that has a velcro closure around the dog's snout (kind of wraps around the snout like a taco/burrito - probably a bad description!). I've seen these before on dogs but can't find them in stores. So far my web search is coming up dry as well. I think I found one called "Quick Fit Muzzle" that kind of looks like the one I saw, but I can't tell from the picture whether it has a velcro closure.

I'd like to try one like this if I can find it - we don't like keeping Toby's muzzle on for a moment longer than necessary but the one I'm describing looked like it would be great for walks - it can just hang loose like a collar until you want him to greet a dog and then just wrap it around his nose real quick.

Anyone know where I can find this??

:shrug:

mummummum
December 11th, 2006, 10:02 PM
That sounds like the "muzzle for the misunderstood". I know THS was selling them for awhile. Maybe check their website as well as the the OSPCA's.

dustybird
December 12th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Have you tried petvalu they usually have a large selection of muzzles. I found a site called canvasback pet supplies and if you click on collars and leads in the menu and then scroll almost to the bottom of the page there is a muzzle that looks like you described and their prices are canadian. It's a nylon muzzle with mesh and has a velcro closure over the muzzle and then one of those plastic clips like a regular collar for around the head or neck. I wasn't sure if posting websites was ok but if you google it, it should be the first one that comes up. Hope it was helpful.

mafiaprincess
December 12th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Do you mean the comfort muzzle?
http://www.petedge.com/sdx/109215.jsp

TMac
December 12th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Have you tried petvalu they usually have a large selection of muzzles. I found a site called canvasback pet supplies and if you click on collars and leads in the menu and then scroll almost to the bottom of the page there is a muzzle that looks like you described and their prices are canadian. It's a nylon muzzle with mesh and has a velcro closure over the muzzle and then one of those plastic clips like a regular collar for around the head or neck. I wasn't sure if posting websites was ok but if you google it, it should be the first one that comes up. Hope it was helpful.

oooooo! This looks like what I saw! Thanks Dustybird! I can't remember if the exact one I saw before had mesh on the bottom or not, but I will give this a try since the most important feature I was looking for is the velcro closure around the snout.

Mafiaprincess, the comfort muzzle is more of a band. The one I saw covered the whole snout like a reg. muzzle. But thanks everybody...I'm going to give the canvasback one a try and hopefully it works out!