Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missing Christmas Presents...Guess the culprit!

Smiley14
December 11th, 2006, 04:28 PM
LOL, this one is just too funny, I had to share! I have a doggie door installed in my sliding door, which leads out to my fenced backyard. Occasionally, I'll find various things dragged out into the yard, but not too bad. :)

Well, Friday night, I came home from work to notice a few presents missing from under the tree! All the bigger presents were there, but three smaller ones were missing. I of course immediately suspected Petey (with that face, who could not?!) so looked around the house, expecting to find torn wrapping paper strewn around the house. Nothing. I searched some more, and then finally saw it, a scrap of bright red wrapping paper stuck in the doggie door! So I realized what had happened and grabbed a flashlight and immediately searched the yard. But I still didn't find anything. It was late and night and dark, so I gave up and tried again Saturday morning as soon as it was light. I was a bit worried becauase these three presents were two watches and a webcam...things that cannot handle cold or wetness! So first thing Sat morning, I'm back out in the yard again, in my pajamas and slippers, searching. It took me about a half hour, but eventually I found them all...BURIED! :eek:
The only thing he's ever buried before were bones, so I have NO idea what possessed him to bury Christmas presents, but there you have it. That's what my Petey did. :rolleyes:

Luckily for me, I have no dirt in the yard, just grass and rocks. So when he does try to bury something, it's always in the rocks. I was able to see the bright red wrapping paper peeking through the thin layer of rocks. And we have no snow yet, so they were still dry and clean. Just full of tears and teeth marks. So hopefully the cold didn't damage the presents! They seem find otherwise, just need to be re-wrapped. I'm sure the neighbors must think I'm crazy, digging through my yard in my pajamas and giggling loudly the entire time. I was so annoyed, but couldn't stop laughing at the same time because it was just so ridiculous. Can you believe that?! That was a new one for me. LOL!

TeriM
December 11th, 2006, 05:07 PM
LOL, I can just picture it ...... heh Martha , that crazy lazy is out in her backyard again muttering about those dogs.

Glad to see you kept your sense of humor :D .

OntarioGreys
December 11th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Lol, definitely never have had any buried thank goodness my soil is clay like but do have a christmas present thief, an I am sure 2 more in addition now if I left presents out still

Prin
December 11th, 2006, 06:03 PM
LOL that's so funny! Doggies rock! :cool:

hazelrunpack
December 11th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I'm gonna keep the Pack away from this thread...don't want them to get any ideas! :eek:

That's just too funny, Smiley! You should have left the gifts wrapped the way they were after disinterment... LMAO What a great 'around-the-tree' story that would make! Just tell everyone that Petey wrapped 'em! :crazy:

Frenchy
December 11th, 2006, 08:12 PM
So original of Petey ! Can't you see he wanted to combine Christmas and treasure hunt ? :crazy:

joeysmama
December 11th, 2006, 10:04 PM
That's too cute ! I can't put presents under trees because the whole world belongs to Cooper and he'll just take them and play with the bows and then open them for himself. So instead of on the floor, under the tree all ur present are up high, on top of the wall units, the china cabinet etc.

Doggies are worth the extra work though !

joeysmama
December 11th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Too bad you didn't take a picture of the peresents under the rocks. That would have been cute. And Petey looking all innocent.:angel:

technodoll
December 11th, 2006, 10:19 PM
he he! that'll teach you to buy liver-flavored chocolates for christmas prezzies! :crazy:

dtbmnec
December 11th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Well at least you dont' have cats that stick two month old corn pops in your shoes half eaten.....

Megan

rainbow
December 12th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Hee hee....Petey is too funny. I wish you had taken some pics. :D

Smiley14
December 13th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Oh I know! I can't believe I didn't think to take a picture either! At the time, it was early morning, I was tired and cold and anxious to find them to make sure the items weren't damaged. It was only afterwards when I got over the worry of having to buy new presents that I thought of my camera. I suppose I could always re-bury them. :p

Ah, LOL, now the presents are all piled up high and out of reach. Although I still haven't rewrapped the three infamous ones yet, so good suggestion Hazel! Maybe I'll leave them that way after all! :D

And Megan, I do have a cat as well. Double the trouble! :) I discovered years ago he'll happily destroy a real tree, but leaves fake ones alone. So alas, I've had an artificial tree for the last several years. After the great tree crash when he was two, I gave up that battle. :rolleyes: Now he just likes to sit under them. :)

LynLyn
December 13th, 2006, 01:11 PM
hehehehe i can't stop giggling!

Dracko
December 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Aw, that is too cute. I'd have been laughing, too. When Dracko was little he buried some pizza in one of my plants in the house. Didn't know it at the time, of course. He's done it a few times.