Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

In the womb

Kristin7
December 11th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but it looks pretty cool and thought members might be interested in watching it. Too bad I don't have cable...

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/channel/inthewombanimals/

Prin
December 11th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Wow that's cool!!! I love developmental biology.:cloud9:

Aww, I missed it. :( :o

rainbow
December 11th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I would love to watch it but don't get that channel. :(

Kristin7
December 12th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Has it been on already? bummer, sorry. I thought it was scheduled for this Thurs, but maybe that's just around here.

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 02:17 PM
I thought it said December 10th?

Oh no! Now it says the 14th!!! WOO!!!!

(Gonna "try out" the nat geo channel that day.;))

Kristin7
December 12th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Let me know how it is! I may try and watch it at someone else's house... the previews looked very cool - puppies, dolphins and and elephant developing in the womb made visible by 4D sonogram! Can you tell i'm a scientist? :D

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, me too! :cloud9: I love that they're doing dogs and elephants too.

dmc123
December 14th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this show, I am watching it now! 12-14-06

Very cool!

Diane

Prin
December 14th, 2006, 10:16 PM
It's not on in Canada.:( I got the channel and everything and it's "Frontiers of construction" and before that was a thing about bees. :sad: BOOOO CRTC, BOOOOO.:frustrated:

LynLyn
December 15th, 2006, 11:53 AM
It's not on in Canada.:( I got the channel and everything and it's "Frontiers of construction" and before that was a thing about bees. :sad: BOOOO CRTC, BOOOOO.:frustrated:

THAT'S why I couldn't find it!!

Prin
December 15th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah.:( I emailed them to ask if it will ever play here.

ItsMurphy'sLaw
December 15th, 2006, 05:45 PM
i'm in Canada too!!!..and the major bummer is I don't have cable. hopefully the site will give you the whole show after it premiers!!!
I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!:thumbs up

Kristin7
December 16th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I haven't seen it either! Not in Canada, but dont' have cable. Did anyone see this? I hope it will be availabe somehow, like on DVD, sometime later.

rainbow
December 16th, 2006, 02:45 PM
We should contact the Discovery Channel and/or Life Channel and ask them to air it. :fingerscr

Catzig
December 17th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I saw it on the National Geographic channel! It was the most incredible show I have ever seen. They tend to replay their shows ... we all may have a chance to see it again.

Keep checking those listings.

Catzig
:ca:

Prin
December 17th, 2006, 12:30 AM
When did you see it? :o

Catzig
December 21st, 2006, 09:39 PM
Prin, I'm sorry to take so long to answer. I've been away from the computer cramming for an exam (which I wrote last night - I'm free, I'm free). I watched it about 10 days ago. I don't know when it will be on again, but they do repeat their programs. Try this link, it gives a pretty neat preview.

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/channel/inthewombanimals/video_preview_1.html

Catzig

Prin
December 21st, 2006, 10:59 PM
Waiiiit, do you have an american dish?

Catzig
December 22nd, 2006, 09:24 AM
We have a Star Choice dish ... we get both Canadian & American programming, very similar to the local cable company.

Prin
December 22nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
Dang, that's what I have too. :D I hope it does play again then.:) :highfive:

Kristin7
December 22nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
The dvd can be purchased on the natl geographic website, but no shipping to Canada...

Prin
December 23rd, 2006, 01:16 AM
lol that sentence was like: :eek: :) :) :o :( :sad:

:D
But if there are dvd's out there, maybe there are used ones on ebay somewhere.:shrug:

Kristin7
December 23rd, 2006, 07:11 AM
I'm so sorry, Prin, but at least you made me laugh! :D Yes, maybe Ebay can help. Or Amazon? I haven't looked there, but I know they ship all over the world.

Kristin7
December 23rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
Ok, Amazon has something by this title but it is 2005 and only about human babies. Somehow not as interesting to me... anyway, looks promising for future sale of 'in the womb, 2006'.

Prin
December 23rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
lol not interesting to me either. I've done human babies so many times... I'd prefer animal babies. :) :fingerscr

rainbow
December 24th, 2006, 12:32 AM
YOU'VE done human babies??? :D

Prin
December 24th, 2006, 12:35 AM
lol in school.:D Learned about them too often and in too much depth.:D

rainbow
December 24th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the clarification. ;) :D

Kristin7
December 24th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Yes, I was wondering too! I was imagining Prin with a litter of fur-less babies and wondering why she has never posted pics of them, lol.

Prin
December 24th, 2006, 01:07 PM
lol no way! :D Nevar! :D

rainbow
December 24th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Hee hee....you know the old saying....."never say never" ;) :D

Kristin7
December 24th, 2006, 02:08 PM
That's right! I bet the baby's room would look something like this:

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/frk/frk375beds.html

Kristin7
December 24th, 2006, 02:12 PM
or how about this nice Halloween costume? :D

http://www.thekidswindow.co.uk/selling.asp?product=392&cms=139

Kristin7
December 24th, 2006, 02:16 PM
But let's just hope this never happens:

ok, I'm done now...

Prin
December 24th, 2006, 02:55 PM
lol that's why I say nevar! :D So I don't have to eat my words... Even though I have said never before.:D

Catzig
December 25th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Hey, according to the National Geographic website the program aired tonight at 7:00 (and I missed it :mad: ) but good news, it is to air again (and I copy from their website) :

Also airs:
Saturday, December 30, 2P
Monday, January 15, 8P

Prin
December 25th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Well, we'll see if it really plays this time, won't we! :) :pray:

Kristin7
December 25th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I missed it last night and could have watched on my parents tv, but had to go to a family gathering :sad: ah well.

Kristin7
December 25th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Minor rant: I'm sitting here surrounded by conversation about upcoming baby in the family (human). I'm not sure I care where the baby's head is right now!! No one is in labor or anything, but apparently you can tell where it is, but again, I don't care and don't want to know. My bros pg wife and family hates animals and some are allergic. I wonder what will happen when the most likely allergic baby arrives and I want to bring animals home. My parents just offered their bed to my bro and his wife and they have NEVER offered this to me. Ok, I am not here with a boyfriend, but have been before and nothing like this 'special treatment'. It's annoying, and sorry if i've offended anyone but I've had to listen to this all day, not to mention years of badgering from my mom about how she wants grandchildren and how I should give her some, etc. I'm not sure how much longer I can take this.

Prin
December 25th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah, the head is harder than the rest... It's kinda weird, but honestly, I think if I was preggers, I wouldn't let anybody poke at my baby's head...:o

Catzig
December 27th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Kristin7, I switched to fur kids after I produced the " :king: heir apparent" ... LOL. (It still wasn't enough to please the monster-in-law :frustrated: )

Let's face it, feeling that little baby growing inside you can be very :highfive: exciting - all feelings hard to understand - and perhaps even listen to - unless you are intimately involved. If you're not interested, walk away and let them have their moment of glory, it is fleeting. The payback (3:00 am feedings, 3 hrs. sleep a night, spit up on every piece of clothing the new parents own, and many many restrictions on their lives for the next 20+ yrs) really is a drag :yuck: . Bringing a new dog or cat home :cloud9: is every bit as exciting to me ... but not to the rest of the family :confused:

I just came back from Christmas dinner with my dh's family. You know that payback I mentioned? It really is sweet ... :D So enough of my sour grapes ... who's gonna watch the NG show In the Womb: Animals? I'd love to read what you think about the show :party:

Kristin7
December 27th, 2006, 07:56 AM
So true, Catzig, which is why all my babies have fur!

I think I'm going to order the dvd as I am still not able to justify getting cable tv for myself so will let you know what I think, hopefully soon!