Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where did my sweet Roxy go??? Crazy is where!

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Wow this kitten is a changin,i spoke way to soon about x mas tree,yesterday she jumped and landed right in the middle of tree ,now there are presents under it,it is a battle between me and her she is getting into EVERYTHING,it is now kitchen counters,behind tv,on x mas tree,knawing on the presents,terrorizing me,and i cannot get her to stop,i mean ears go back and she full on will run from one side of room and pounce on me,when i walk around she jumps on my legs claws out.ahhhhhhh!! But then she will fall asleep in my arms like a baby.My boyfriend thinks i am to hard because she is a kitten and learning,i say she does NOT listen for nothing and is i swear doing it to drive only Me crazy.Went to vet friday for her shots and they said pick her up by cruff and put in bathroom until she calms down,yeah right ,that doesnt work either as soon as she comes back out she goes crazy again,i tell you it is like she is on crack.They also told me it is because sometimes they get sensory overload,is that true???????HELPPPPPPPPP:shrug: :: :o :o :o :rolleyes: :eek: :yell: :yell:

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 02:28 PM
oops i meant scruff

TeriM
December 11th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Sounds like a kitten with the zoomies to me. When they are like that it is almost impossible to get their attention. They tend to go through stages of being very rambuncious and testing boundaries. I would arm yourself with a squirt bottle and use it when she is doing something naughty. You need to stop the attacking behavoir now because that could develop into a life long issue.

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I was told that about the watergun i just didnt want to do that because she actually doenst mind water and i wanted to keep it thatway,but i see i am gonna have no choice,she DOES NOT have fear,so for the attacking og feet and hands and face you say water bottle???And also she has started with clawing the couch i pick her up and put her paws on her post to scratch and she wont do it....She has the zoomies big time i cant believe thhis is the same kitten that can also be so sweet...........

jiorji
December 11th, 2006, 03:56 PM
oh Heidi....the innocence of a new kitten owner hehe:cool:

well brace yourself for kittenhood :D When my Twiggy was a kitten she'd run through the house full speed and then start panting cos she was so hyper hehe

sorry about your Xmas tree, but I gotta say....if you can tape her jumping on the tree...we'd ask for nothing else!! hehe

can you start trimming her nails so that way she'll hurt you less with the pouncing? Also when she does that just say a really big "OWWW" and then push her off so she knows you mean it. Is she hyper all day long? My cat would get the zoomies in the evening, so you can just put her in your bedroom and close the door and she can run there as much as she wants until she's sleepy

and don't take the attacks personally. I can sense a bit of jealousy :o hehe She just wants to play with you :D

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Ok let me answer those questions.Yes her nails got clipped friday and i was shown how to do it and bought the clippers..Yes me and boyfriend were talking about how we coudl probably send video in her of her doing this and win 10000. But no we have no video camera,which is a shame because she can really get air.I think maybe his camera might be able to do it,will look into it is a sight to see.I ahve done the owww no and pushed her off ,does she care,nope,she comes right back for more.Last night perfect example she kept going behind tv and making the cable cord come out or swatting at tree i would pick her up and say no and put her on her condo,i would sit back down it would all start again this went on at least 6 to 8 times,then when i did it for the last time (put her on her condo) she would jump off and jump right on my leg and bite,i took her off my leg walked back to sit down she did it again,that is when she went into lockdown in the bathroom,and yes it does only seem to happen at night...

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Oh yeah one more thing she started not all the time but sometimes she now plays with kitty litter and takes her paw and makes it go all over floor,any ideas??

jawert1
December 11th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Try getting a large low pan to put underneath her box or a domed one if she'll have it. Sometimes it's tough to break them of it, since the sound of the litter hitting the floor is apparently fun (as well as chasing the bits about). Good luck, sounds like you've got your hands full with this one but a bundle of love to be sure :thumbs up

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 07:19 PM
oh yeah i forgot all about covered kitty litter ones,i will give it another week and see if she stops if not that is what i'll do

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 07:22 PM
yes we do ,she has changed so much she was so good i mean she still is i guess just alot more curious now and the thing is my boyfreind doesnt help at all when she is bad,i have to stop her so that just aggravates me more

rainbow
December 11th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Get a flashlight and shine it on the wall for her to chase to wear off some of her energy. You can also use a laser pointer but make sure you don't shine it in her eyes.

jiorji
December 11th, 2006, 07:34 PM
umm maybe you should get another kitty for her to play with? maybe she's bored:o ok don't hurt me :) hehe

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 07:44 PM
nice try i would love one but she is all we can handle at this point,also we play til with her the moment we come home we even taught her to fetch it is so funny with a ball of paper her favorite and she wil l get it and bring it back to us put it in our hand and then tap your palm with her paw...

jiorji
December 11th, 2006, 07:48 PM
that';s so cute!!!!

my tabby too prefers crumpled up paper :D she doesn't know how to fetch though:(

rainbow
December 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM
One of our former cats used to retrieve. It was really cute to watch but we got tired out before she did. :D

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 08:17 PM
It is pretty cute and blows my mind evertime she does it jsut like a dog would i will have to get pic of it...Yeah she loves her some paper..

Frenchy
December 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM
:D :crazy: Sorry , no advice... but keep posting these adventures... too funny (coming from someone who adopted an adult cat! :D )

heidiho
December 11th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Oh i will almost afraid to go home i am sure i will have a story tomorrow,well time to go see what she has done..

redhed
December 14th, 2006, 10:26 AM
This sounds alot like what is going on at my local daughter's home with her little monster. I think the night zoomies probably have to do with the fact that my daughter and BF both work during the day ( BF comes home for lunch and some playtime ).....so cats being nocturnal anyway...they sleep all day and about the time you fall dead tired into bed ....they get the zoomies. I have to laff as it reminds me of all the times that babies wake you during the night....and how attention intensive they are also...this little kitty is a good training ground..of course I'm going to keep that to myself or I will never get any human grandchildren..LOL. They should have just stuck with Gypsy the mild mannered stray they adopted. She goes out at lunch for the afternoon and then sleeps all night....at least she did before the "baby" arrived. They don't have a tree up ...yet anyway...I can only imagine ! have to keep it bare except for one decoration at the very top? They do the squirt bottle with him as he loves to jump right into the swing top garbage can to play with the paper etc in it.....if you saw how small he is...it's hard to imagine he can do a standing leap that high! With the squirt bottle he likes to chase the water stream! It certainly is funny the capers that they get up to....at least being on the outside hearing about it funny! Other daughter has one that is busy busy climby jumpy....and her other kitten same age has a quiet thoughtful way about her......they roll around and wrestle with each other and it seems to wear out the "busy" one.......they sleep pretty well at night until about 3 or 4 am when the "thoughtful" one puts her arm under their bedroom door and rattles it til they let them careen in. Like human children...they grow up all too fast and their mischeivous time should be laughted at and appreciated I guess.

dtbmnec
December 14th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Whatever you do, DON'T give her catnip....I just made the mistake of giving my three cats catnip balls and they haven't stopped moving for more than thirty seconds for the past 1/2 hour...

I think I'm going to kill them....

Megan

P.S. though it is rather fun to watch them spaz out on each other and the balls...lol

heidiho
December 14th, 2006, 01:32 PM
that is funny,actually one of her x mas gifts are catnip....last few night she has been pretty good,and one thing we are soo lucky with is when i go to bed which is about 9:00 or 10:00 she comes in with me,maybe messes around for 10 minutes and thats it she sleeps til about 6:00 am when i get up,so i guess i am pretty lucky ..