Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

concern ...

Frenchy
December 10th, 2006, 05:32 PM
For the first time I let Lilly ( black lab found on my door step last week) eat in the same room as the others. I was supervising, like any other lab, she finished to eat first ! :D So then I was keeping her from getting to the other dogs. I was petting her and saying no no when she tried to get too close to the others , I didn't even raise my voice and it was quite friendly. I tought she was just sitting in front of me but no, she was peeing. Could it be from excitment ? Eating in the same room as the others for the first time ? All the other dogs were eating and like I said, I didn't even raise my voice . :( She hasn't had any other accident in the house. I know she's submissive but I hope she was just excited.

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 05:34 PM
maybe she just really had to pee? UTI perhaps? having one of those means little to no bladder control... and not just for dogs :rolleyes: :eek: :o

Frenchy
December 10th, 2006, 05:38 PM
maybe she just really had to pee? UTI perhaps? having one of those means little to no bladder control... and not just for dogs :rolleyes: :eek: :o

We where playing oustide an hour and a half before and she was sleeping , up until dinner. I guess I will see how it goes this week. I do have to get an appointment for her spay so we could check that out at the same time. Poor baby,she looked so pitiful.:sad:

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 05:40 PM
awe!! :grouphug: it was probably just coincidence... life is good! :)

Frenchy
December 10th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I'm probably worrying too much ! I just love her ! Don't tell the others !

meb999
December 10th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Frenchy loves Lilly...Frenchy looooves Lilly....Frenchy and Lilly sitting in a tree... :D

I think she just got over excited....just keep an eye on her :thumbs up

Marshmallow
December 10th, 2006, 07:42 PM
I too think it was just coincidence! I don't know her background though :o

Bless you for taking her in. Sounds like she'll get along just fine!

mummummum
December 10th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Boy of boy I go away for a coupla days and Frenchy has dawgies dropped on her doorstep ! She's a real sweetie ~ I just looked at The Gang pix. It doesn't sound like you're seeing signs of any medical goings-on and as she seems to have settled in nicely with the others and with you, it may have just been a case of information overload for her ~ you know, too much going on between your attention and the other doggies in the room and the food and, and, and...

rainbow
December 10th, 2006, 10:08 PM
For the first time I let Lilly ( black lab found on my door step last week) eat in the same room as the others. I was supervising, like any other lab, she finished to eat first ! :D So then I was keeping her from getting to the other dogs. I was petting her and saying no no when she tried to get too close to the others , I didn't even raise my voice and it was quite friendly. I tought she was just sitting in front of me but no, she was peeing. Could it be from excitment ? Eating in the same room as the others for the first time ? All the other dogs were eating and like I said, I didn't even raise my voice . :( She hasn't had any other accident in the house. I know she's submissive but I hope she was just excited.

Because labs are so food driven I would say it was just excitement. Try putting a tennis ball or kong in her food dish to slow down her eating.....it works. ;)

If possible put Sam's, Bailey's and Molly's food down first and then put Lilly's down. Good luck. :fingerscr

Frenchy
December 10th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Yes Lilly was last to eat, I think it was just the excitment (she is a lab! :D )

Prin
December 10th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Jemma pees if we don't let her eat for too long. Like if she's sitting there staring at her full bowl too long she'll pee. But then again, she has spay incontinence that makes her weaker already.:shrug:

rainbow
December 10th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it's excitement too. Are you putting a kong or tennis ball in her dish?

Prin
December 10th, 2006, 11:59 PM
In Jemma's? No. I just stop her periodically so she can have a breather. The knows "take a break", so I just say that, and she sits and does a weird swallowy thing for a bit and when she's done, I "release" her. She only gets a cup twice a day though, so IMO, the risk of bloat is so tiny.:shrug: