Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Stranger tried to buy Bowser's SPERM!!

LynLyn
December 9th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Hubby and I were filling up gas and Bowser was staring at us through the car window (he filling gas, me buying junk food). And this lady approached us and asked if Bowser belonged to us. We said "yes" and she told us he was beautiful....

Lady:Is he a chihuahua?

Us: Maybe, he might be half chi half min pin

Lady: Are you willing to sell him? I'll give you $500.00

Us: no thank you we're not interested, he's NOT FOR SALE

Lady: Well how about his sperm? I'll give you a percentage of every litter

Me: I'm sorry?

Lady: Here take my card, we'll work it out, give me a call

Me: You can't be serious, you want to breed my dog? (Looking at her as if she's crazy)

Lady: yeah he's beautiful

Me: No thank you, I'm not interested

Lady: It'll be a large percentage, come on don't you want to see his little offspring running around?

Me: No I would not, do you have any idea how many miniature pinschers are in rescues right now? Do you have any idea how many min pins can be found on petfinder? If someone wanted a min pin I would much rather have them rescue one that desperately needs a home than to buy one from an irresponsible breeder.

And that was the end of our conversation.:clown:

mummummum
December 9th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I had regular offers to purchase my last dawg Tai and requests to breed as well (uhhhhmmm... "No, she's mine and we're very happy but hey, how about your two-legged kid, is she for sale ?" :evil: )

I recall mafiaprincess saying some crazylady followed her and Cider around Slobberfest this summer with similiar weirdness.

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 11:45 PM
"only in montreal", eh? :frustrated: tell them you would sell his sperm, if you could go back to the vet's and find his nads :D

LynLyn
December 10th, 2006, 12:42 AM
"only in montreal", eh? :frustrated: tell them you would sell his sperm, if you could go back to the vet's and find his nads :D

HEHE!!! i should've said that!!!!!

Prin
December 10th, 2006, 12:49 AM
No, that would have been less edumacational.:D

People eh? :rolleyes:

Byrd
December 10th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Yup, had the same thing happen here. With my old dog someone tried to buy him from me, the breeder also wanted to buy him back.

Recently I had Willow at the flea market and she was showing off her tricks for a friend and an older couple was watching and the guy said "that dog's smart, when you breed her give me a call, I want a pup". Sorry, one she's spayed, two you don't even know what breed she is let alone anything about the breed so I think a little education would be in order before I sold you a fictional pup.

Yup people can be funny sometimes. Trying to buy our children from us, I don't think so!!! :frustrated:

rainbow
December 10th, 2006, 01:06 AM
All I can say is....gawd this world is full of morons. :sad:

Byrd
December 10th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Moron is too nice of a term.

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 01:39 AM
i swear if some other idiot asks me when i'm breeding my dogs cuz they look so nice and they want one... http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/boese/771.gif

Skryker
December 10th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Oh, I know it, TD. I've had this conversation too often-

Stranger-Oh what beautiful dogs! Are they both male?
Me-Thank you, and no, they're one of each.
Stranger-How sweet! Are they brother and sister?
Me-Yep!
Stranger-When are you going to breed them? They'd have adorable puppies...
Me (utterly revolted and trying not to be TOO rude)-I'm not going to breed them. I'm not a breeder, they're pets, mixed breed, BROTHER and SISTER, we know very little about their backgrounds and they're already fixed.
Stranger-What?!? You didn't want her to have at least one litter? Females NEED to have at least one litter. And you could easily sell the pups for-
Me-We have to be going now........(mumbling under my breath as we walk away)

There are so many things wrong with that conversation, I don't know where to start. :eek:

Rottielover
December 10th, 2006, 10:17 AM
reminds me of a story of when I had harley at a store...They asked me if I would stud him...I looked at her and asked.....Do you realize her has no balls, or are you that stupid that you think he does not need them. LOL
Woman got really pissed....oh well, ask a stupid question, I give you a stupid answer. LOL

Skryker
December 10th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I'd say that question got the respect it deserved. ;)

Honestly, would you walk up to a perfect stranger and ask him to "stud" for you? So why is it OK to ask these questions about people's pets?!?

Byrd
December 10th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Love the "a bitch needs to have at least one litter" or the "she should go through one heat before being fixed" old wives tales, they always make me laugh. :rolleyes:

Kristin7
December 10th, 2006, 11:29 AM
OMG! What is wrong w/ some people?!

erykah1310
December 10th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Geeeeze! I couldnt imagine asking someone questions like those!
too many people see dogs as $$$$$'s thats the big problem.

~michelle~
December 10th, 2006, 02:07 PM
hmmm i was actually planning on using that as a pickup line at the bar... excuse me i think you would have some cute babies, can i use you as a stud service, or maybe just puchase your sperm, heres a cup the washrooms over there.... i think it would work out well. i cant believe people. :eek: :eek: :eek: they make me wanna vomit. i couldnt imagine my response.

meb999
December 10th, 2006, 02:36 PM
I woulda sold her a few baggies with milk in it :D

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 05:19 PM
marie-eve! :eek:

:D :thumbs up

Marshmallow
December 10th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I woulda sold her a few baggies with milk in it :D

ha ha ha ha ha! :D

I think the whole conversation was weird. That lady must be sick and ignorant!

OntarioGreys
December 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM
too many people see dogs as $$$$$'s thats the big problem.

That's the bottom line, money! The bigger chunk of the population still views dogs as livestock rather than companions, let alone trying to grasp the notion of a dog being a family member,
I also get asked a lot if I am breeding the greyhounds, or whether I race them

mafiaprincess
December 10th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Phoenix and I were at Slobberfest.. Lady wanted ANY male dog to stud with her random female.

rainbow
December 11th, 2006, 12:57 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: ...I am speechless at the moment. :eek: :eek: :eek:

LM1313
December 11th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Did she have a husband or boyfriend with her? You should've said, "Sure, great idea! By the way, your husband's a real looker . . . have him fill up this cup." :evil:

LynLyn
December 15th, 2006, 12:16 PM
The nerve of people!!

Hehe i would love to sell these idiots a bag with milk, but I can't!! Remember where they're gonna put it:eek:

crazy people....

HunterXHunter
December 15th, 2006, 02:40 PM
hmmm i was actually planning on using that as a pickup line at the bar... excuse me i think you would have some cute babies, can i use you as a stud service, or maybe just puchase your sperm, heres a cup the washrooms over there.... i think it would work out well.

What?!!? You're not even going to offer a *large* percentage of every kid you plan to sell on eBay as a result of the sperm!?!? What a ripoff!! :mad: :crazy:

~michelle~
December 15th, 2006, 04:59 PM
actually thats my get rich kinda not so quick scheme... iwas just going to offer him like a 100$ and a suscription to playboy!