Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ew. Just... ewwww. No more pupperoni!

Tommysmom
December 9th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Ok, so I've been sorta lucky... my 3 month old puppy has had to change food a few times, has tried lots of different treats and eaten lots of different things - including shoes, socks, walls, bookcases, me, etc. And he's NEVER had any diarrhea or loose stools, just some interesting colours and lots of hair (I TOLD him not to chew my hair, see what happens?).

Today we went after class to visit my husband's aunt and she kept feeding Tommy pupperoni sticks. I know they're not so good, but she bought them specifically for him to have at her house. And he loved them.

And tonight he had ummm... ewwwww... gross diarrhea. Ewwwwww. Major ewwwwwww. Thank goodness he hit the paper, I didn't have a chance at getting him outside in time! Ewwwwwww.

I just had to post this, ignore it if ya want! But I'm a single mommy here while my husband works overseas, and I can't quite call any of my friends to discuss my doggy's poop, LOL. But ewwww.

No more pupperoni for my little furry baby!

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM
LOL now bring a bag of the cookies he's used to to your hubby's aunt's house.:D

Good luck with the goopies...:o

mummummum
December 9th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Or if they insist on feeding him those revolting carcinogenic things... you could be :evil: and provide them with the "evidence" of why it might be a baaaaadddd idea...:D and then announce he's having a sleepover at their house that night ! :evil:

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM
ewwwwwww, pupperoni BAD!! Good luck with that!

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 09:56 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwa! those things are horrible! carcinogenic! toxic!! in a way i'm glad little tommy got so sick eating those nightmares of a treat, that way he won't get cancer eating them his whole life http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/springen/fa82.gif and i mean that in the best way! poor little guy, hope his tummy gets better soon! :dog:

rainbow
December 9th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I agree.....pupperoni's are toxic garbage. :yuck: Like Prin said, take some good treats with you the next time you visit the aunt. ;) Or, like TD said, let Tommy sleep over at the aunt's. :evil:

Angies Man
December 10th, 2006, 02:07 AM
I read somewhere, maybe on the packages, that soft dog foods (the kind that comes in little bags) and soft dog treats are full of added sugar. Wouldn't be surprised if your pup has sugar induce diahrea. Probably there was sorbitol, too, and that's an active ingredient in some laxitives.

Tommysmom
December 10th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Ugh. You're right, sugar is the third ingredient listed for the darn things, I just looked it up online. No wonder! I swear, if she tries to feed them to him ever again I'll make sure we stay there for a few hours, hehehe, that's a great idea.

At least the goopies seem to have subsided and he's eaten a few bites of real food. I tell ya though... his BREATH this morning just reeks. I can't wait until all the crap is totally out of his system for good!

Mocha's mum
December 11th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Poor baby :sad: Tummy must hurt so bad....

What does hubby do overseas?

Tommysmom
December 12th, 2006, 07:14 AM
He works for a company who works with the UN. But he's coming home this Friday for Christmas!!!:D Yay, somebody else to clean up papers and tell the little terror it's NOT playtime at 3am!

Mocha's mum
December 12th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Ha ha ha!! I know the feeling! Our little kitty Mutton likes to scratch under the bedroom door at all hours of the night. :D