Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kaiden Came Home!

Twisted_Angel
December 9th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I brought my baby home today. He is eating well, and acting like a normal puppy. He is absolutely beautiful. I took him to the vet for a full exam. The vet knows the circumstances and pointed me in the direction of the brand of puppy replacement milk powder that he needs to be eating with his food. He said Kaiden looked well, other than being slightly wormy, and that he is a very lucky baby. He is sitting in my lap as I type, and it is about time for me to feed him again. I love my baby SOO much! :D Thanks to everyone who helped me prepare for this day. Particularly TD. You are an :angel:

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Congratulations on your new puppy!

i know how long you've been waiting for him, pining and planning and doing all you could for him and his siblings in the meantime. it is YOU who is the :angel: for reaching out and saving a life. did your friend bring her puppy home today too? so glad the vet said he was in good health, he might get some soft poops from the deworming and the change of home, but it is a necessary evil, it will pass. can't wait for photos! :thumbs up

mummummum
December 9th, 2006, 08:28 PM
:grouphug: to the new furkid and congrats!

But (gasp :eek: !) no photos ???? How can you be so cruel ???:D

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Hey, congrats! Good luck for the settling in.:)

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Congratulations on your new furbaby....and we're all looking forward to pics of Kaiden as soon as you can manage! :thumbs up

rainbow
December 9th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Congratulations on the arrival of Kaiden. Good luck and can hardly wait to see some pics.

LynLyn
December 9th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Congrats!! and as stated above Pics please!!

Twisted_Angel
December 10th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone. His stomache does seem to be upset from the medicine, but like you said, its a necessary evil. Jess did pick up her puppy. She named him Riley.

As for the pics, I have taken plenty but I won't be getting the cord to uplink it to the computer till around next weekend. But trust me, I will be uploading them as soon as I get it.

:D :D :D :D :D

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 04:12 PM
how was kaiden's first night with you? can't wait to see the little guy! how much does he weigh, and when does he turn 6 weeks old? :love:

Twisted_Angel
December 10th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Loud! Lol. 5lbs 3oz. He turns six weeks wednesday. I am already taking pictures like crazy! He is in my lap as I am typing, and he is chewing on my shirt, lol.

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 11:25 PM
aaawwwe! i hope you guys will all get some sleep tonight... it gets better very quickly, you will see! quick question: do you know who the father is?...

Twisted_Angel
December 12th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Hi

Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been very busy with my little whirlwind. He's teething.

Well the dad was supposed to be their aussie/bc/redbone hound. I know he is the father of some of the pups because some of them are merle and there aren't any other dogs with the merle gene around. There are only two more intact males in the area, and one is my aunts house dog, so that leaves a golden retriever across the road. I suppose its possible that Kaiden has a different father from some of his siblings. Is mother is a chow/retriever mix.

Kaiden got loose from his crate yesterday and chewed up the TV cord. Good thing we unplug it when we leave. We still haven't figured out how he got the door open, but there is a lock on it now. I started putting his puppy kong in the freezer and he is content to chew on it now. I guess it soothes his little gums since it is cold?

Prin
December 12th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Teething already? Wow.:o (I thought that came later..)

Twisted_Angel
December 13th, 2006, 05:54 PM
So did I honestly, but he is chewing on EVERYTHING.

technodoll
December 13th, 2006, 06:45 PM
awe poor baby! you can give him ice cubes to chew and suck on... and a Gumabone or doggy pacifier from nylabone, they're softer for tender puppy mouths :dog:

Twisted_Angel
December 14th, 2006, 12:26 PM
THanks. I got him a Gumabone today. Any idea WHY he is teething so early? My camera cord STILL isn't here but I am going to jack my cousins cellphone and email some pictures to post. Sound good?

technodoll
December 14th, 2006, 03:35 PM
by teething, you mean he's growing all his puppy teeth in?...

Prin
December 15th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Wouldn't they be in by now? (Sorry, not a puppy person :o)

Twisted_Angel
December 15th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I don't know, I'm confused. He chews on everything though. And he STILL howls at night. Mom says if he doesn't stop, I have to put him outside. Any ideas?

technodoll
December 15th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Where does kaiden sleep? with a bit more details on your living arrangements, we might be able to help you ;) chewing is normal, just give him proper things to chew on. see if your mom would let you give him a raw frozen chicken drumstick or leg... it would keep him busy for a loooong time as well as provide nutrition :p keep working on her! :dog:

Twisted_Angel
December 16th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Kaiden sleeps in a crate beside my bed, and howls no matter what I do. I did a temporary fix last night because my mom was ready to kill me. When he was quiet in his crate, I put him in the bed with me. It worked quite well actually. He woke me up (by whining) twice last night for me to take him outside, but as soon as he was out, he did what he had to and went back to sleep when I brought him back in.