Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tide ...

Golden Girls
December 8th, 2006, 06:34 PM
in my freakin eye ... clumpsy I was scooping the tide from the box and hit the counter and the whole scoop flew in my face and one eye. OMG thank gawd my son was home - he's so alert. I'm sitting here with a bruised eye. I don't want this to be a topic on animal testing but the only thing that I was thinking of was the poor monkey's. I seriously should find a detergent that doesn't do that cuz it's really painful.

Frenchy
December 8th, 2006, 06:56 PM
ouch ! at least your eye will be clean :eek: rince rince rince.

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 07:03 PM
yowsa...poor golden girls...

Prin
December 8th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Eek! that's no fun!

You should sue them for not enough animal testing and in the trial, they'll have to divulge all their animal testing so we can kick their hineys. :evil:

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 07:52 PM
awe shoot, GG! that's so nasty terrible http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/traurig/1.gif enough to make your eyes water for a while! yeah animal testing is terrible... they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.. :o ok not funny. just get better ok? :grouphug:

Frenchy
December 8th, 2006, 07:57 PM
yeah animal testing is terrible... they get all nervous and give the wrong answers..

:D Maybe it's the pill and the wine but it was funny TD ! I wasted some wine by spitting it out while reading it :frustrated:

Angies Man
December 8th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Bet your eye smells good now.;) ;)

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I wasted some wine by spitting it out while reading it

frenchy's a lush! :D now don't go do any laundry tonight ok? :p

Golden Girls
December 8th, 2006, 09:46 PM
It's actually not funny ... this stuff is toxic. This happened hours ago and still it's brutal. I just went deep sea dunkin in my tub with my eyes wide open just to make sure it's all flushed. I think the grains scratched the eye ball. I look like I just polished off a whole bottle of wine ... by myself :) <-it won't stop crying.

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 09:58 PM
GG you should be resting your eyes and not staring at a monitor :eek: what do the instructions say on the box "in case product gets into eyes"? just flush with water? can you take a painkiller? :grouphug:

Golden Girls
December 9th, 2006, 03:47 PM
That's exactly what I did TD ... You can't read the warning but it says:
Caution, may irrate eyes. Do not get in eyes. Keep out of reach of children. May be harmful if swallowed. 1st aid treatment: contains biodegradable anionic surfactants enzymes. If swallowed, give a glass full of water or milk and call a poison centre or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. If in eyes rinse them well with water for 15 minutes. < -- :eek: that's it? It still kills. They do have an emergency # you can call and so I did. I wanted to know what the heck is in there that can make you blind. Their website says tested and safe. I think not. I also emailed Procter and Gamble Inc / Gillette <-- merged and told them they should change their warning label to read: When using Tide you must be accompanied by at least another person as you cannot flush your eye and scream at the same time. I know it's my own fault but I think they should somehow have a safety sprout or something on the dam box ... I can't be the only person in the world that did this, or ... am I :o

Skryker
December 9th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I doubt that you are the only one who's ever done this.

:offtopic: slightly, but my husband works in a distribution center for a retailer and was driving a forklift under the conveyor belts when a case of Tide with a broken box in it passed overhead and sifted detergent down into his eyes. :eek: He went to the eye-wash station right away, but his eyes were terrible for a day or so.

Frenchy
December 9th, 2006, 04:16 PM
GG if you have to go to the emergency , you will not have to wait. When you go there for an eye problem, they make you go in front of the line. And you're not the only one , I always have to put "acide muriatique" in the pool,like every 3-4 days. I'm so clumsy , I always leave the dogs inside when I do it just in case, one day it was very windy and some splashed in my eyes as I was pouring it in the water, I could have just turn my head first ? But no. I rinced it and was ok but it could have been much much worse. :eek:

Golden Girls
December 9th, 2006, 04:28 PM
k I know I sound like a complainer ... I'm really not. Although I haven't been to a hospital like 4ever I still might go if it doesn't get better tonight. I'm a horrible patient, my heart throbs just walking in the front door - they freak me out but if I have to I guess.

Skyder I'm sure it was horrible too for your husband as well but I think the reason in my case is bec the whole cup went directly all at once in the eye at a fairly close range. The emergency medical lady on phone seem quite interested bec it was the "quick disolving" brand :shrug:

Frenchy: lol maybe we should both buy those safety glasses ... for our own protection from ourselves :D

Skryker
December 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I would go if your eyes don't seem very relieved by flushing them out. And it's not complaining-eyes are something you shouldn't fool around about. They're too precious.

(And I nagged my husband to go to the ER, too, but he didn't. I'm still mad that his employer didn't SEND him to the ER.)

Frenchy
December 9th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Not only safety glasses, you should see me in a kitchen :eek: many years ago I went to the emergency for a problem with my eye, I didn't have to wait but they had to take my eye pressure (they wanted to put this little machine ON my eye) I said no thanks and left ! :D

Golden Girls
December 9th, 2006, 04:44 PM
k what is an eye pressure thingy? It's settled ... I went, and left

Frenchy
December 9th, 2006, 04:55 PM

Do you understand french because it's too hard for me to explain it in english ! Even in french ; c'est un petit instrument en métal avec un pied grosseur du milieu de l'oeil (point noir) et ils doivent accoter cet instrument directement sur l'oeil. Ils prennent la pression comme ca. But I kept closing my eye everytime they came near it so I just left! :shrug: Same when I cut my finger with a knife on my second day working at Red Lobster ! I beg them not to give me stitches, I refused ! So they put little stripes to "glue" the cut together, I'm such a wuss.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Don't let the pressure thingy scare you off, tho, GG--couldn't follow all that Frenchy said (I'm pretty close to illiterate in French)...but if it's the glaucoma test, I've had that done and I couldn't even feel it. If your eye isn't better, get it checked--eyesight is just too precious to risk!

MyBirdIsEvil
December 10th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Don't let the pressure thingy scare you off, tho, GG--couldn't follow all that Frenchy said (I'm pretty close to illiterate in French)...but if it's the glaucoma test, I've had that done and I couldn't even feel it. If your eye isn't better, get it checked--eyesight is just too precious to risk!

That's what I thought too, but those don't go directly on your eye.
I read french and now I'm more confused than before. I don't know of any instrument they attempt to actually jab in your eye :eek:

Frenchy, are you sure it wasn't just supposed to go in FRONT of your eye?

Things near my eyes scare me too, I don't even like the machine that blows air in your eye to test pressure (that's what you're thinking of, right hazel?), but what Frency is describing sounds like a different device.

Frenchy
December 10th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Frenchy, are you sure it wasn't just supposed to go in FRONT of your eye?

Nope, it has to touch your eye :shrug:

MyBirdIsEvil
December 10th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Ew. No one is putting anything in my eye either.

Frenchy
December 10th, 2006, 02:51 AM
That's why I got up and took off !

Golden Girls
December 11th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I understand French Frenchie - good explanation :)
Don't let the pressure thingy scare you offAnyone wearing a medical coat carrying a stetiscope scare me :o but that pressure thing does go in your eye. If you've ever had an eye examination they do that to you. I don't think they tell you they simply put in eye drops that freeze the eye. I seen them do this to my son but I didn't tell him.

Although my eye is still sore it's ok. I'm 100% sure though had I been alone I would of been blind. I know this was a lesson and I'll definately be more careful when handling this stuff. I wonder if they'll send me coupons in exchange for my silence :rolleyes:

technodoll
December 11th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Good to hear you're on the mend, GG! whew :cool: yeah they owe you big time! LOTS of coupons! :frustrated:

Golden Girls
December 11th, 2006, 03:33 PM
O better yet - I'll give them a sworn statement with my signature in exchange to end all animal testing. "Tested and it hurts" period :evil: