Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Needed

jenni555
December 8th, 2006, 03:36 AM
My dog, Bella, is having some troubles. She's a 3-yr-old mutt (27 pounds) who has never had any health problems. Sunday night she came down stairs unable to put wieght on her leg. Took her to emergency room and they took xrays and said nothing is wrong...just a pain that will go away. She's on painkillers and sure enough, whn she woke up yesterday she was fine.

This morning she woke up unable to put any wiehgt on her other rear leg! Any ideas?? I'm pretty concerned and we have an apppointment at the vet later, but I don't want to wait that long.

Jenni

mafiaprincess
December 8th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Do you live in an area where there are deer ticks? Switching leg limps can be a symptom of lyme.

OntarioGreys
December 8th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Pain could be in the pelvis or lower spine instead of in the leg

Was the back or pelvis area x-rayed? sometimes even with x-rays alignment problems may not show up well. Might be work having a certified animal chiropractor check her out, I ended up using one when my greyhound had a bad fall and still after 2 months was still not recovering, with 48 hours of treatment was back to running, able to do stairs and getting up on the couch to sleep again

A link so you can check if one is in your area http://www.avcadoctors.com/search_for_avca_certified_doctor.htm