Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lateral thinking

technodoll
December 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM
i love these puzzles... here is mine for tonight!

There is a woman dressed in black, black shirt, black pants, black shoes, black socks, and a black hat. The street lights are off and there is a black car racing along. The woman crosses the street in front of the car and the car manages to stop in time, how did the car see her?

:D

erykah1310
December 7th, 2006, 11:13 PM
ITs day time.

technodoll
December 7th, 2006, 11:18 PM
10 points for erykah! :highfive:

ok:

A man stood in front of an open window at the 20th floor of an office building in downtown Manhattan. He suddenly gets an urge and jumps through the window. He lands on his feet unhurt. He does not have a parachute, there are no mats or water, explain?

erykah1310
December 7th, 2006, 11:21 PM
He jumped in the window..??? :shrug: ( standing on the fire escape?)

Prin
December 7th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Balcony? Or the window was an inside one.. You know those windows to prevent sexual harrassment.

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 06:16 AM
You know those windows to prevent sexual harrassment.

LOL!! ah yes! one of those sexual harassement preventers...(<-- insert nodding knowingly smilie here)

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 06:17 AM
I vote for a balcony too http://foolstown.com/sm/ser.gif (that's the only balcony smilie I have....)

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 08:46 AM
close, ladies! :highfive: the man was a window-washer who suddenly had an urge for a cup of coffee, so he jumped through the window he was cleaning (after opening it, of course!) and landed inside the building, safely! :crazy:

hazelrunpack
December 8th, 2006, 09:01 AM
oooo...not enough sleep last night...too early...head hurts...

joeysmama
December 8th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I got the first one but not the second. Do you have more of these. They're fun.

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 11:29 AM
sure! one more:

A police officers notices a young girl going down a one way street the wrong way. There is traffic coming down the road the other way, why does he not stop her?

:crazy:

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 12:27 PM
she's walking or biking down the street?

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 12:40 PM
marie-eve you're too smart for your own good :D I'll have to post a really hard one now...

1 - A man walked into a bar, before he could say anything he was knocked cold, what happened?

bonus round:

2 - The police are trying to solve a chain of serial killings. The killer is caught and confesses to killing all his victims while watching movies at a public theater. Each time he manages to get the victims body out undetected, explain?

HunterXHunter
December 8th, 2006, 12:59 PM
1 - A man walked into a bar, before he could say anything he was knocked cold, what happened?

It wasn't a drinking place "bar", but a metal bar :D

joeysmama
December 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
It was a drive in?

TeriM
December 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM
marie-eve you're too smart for your own good :D I'll have to post a really hard one now...

2 - The police are trying to solve a chain of serial killings. The killer is caught and confesses to killing all his victims while watching movies at a public theater. Each time he manages to get the victims body out undetected, explain?

He's the guy in the projection room that shows the movies?

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 02:27 PM
i am surrounded by geniuses, LOL :D yep you got them both right (iron bar, and drive-in, guy has car with tinted windows).

ok... A woman has incontrovertible proof in court that her husband was murdered by her sister. The judge declares, "This is the strangest case I've ever seen. Though it's a cut-and-dried case, this woman cannot be punished."

why?

erykah1310
December 8th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Shes deceased?

TeriM
December 8th, 2006, 02:30 PM
The sisters are identical twins?

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 02:35 PM
the sister's are siamese twins? i think I've heard this one before...

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 03:05 PM
yes, they're siamese twins! but erykah i like your answer better, LOL! i never think of these things :D

ok you guys... hurt my brain a bit, post one or two!!

brandynva
December 8th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Ohh these are fun! I've got one.

These scientists discovered a cave and found two bodies inside that were perfectly preserved. They knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was Adam and Eve. They knew this just by visually looking. How did they know?

erykah1310
December 8th, 2006, 03:17 PM
The dude was missing a rib?

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM
the male body was holding a half-eaten apple? :confused: :D

i have NO idea! i suck at these things, he he!

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 03:26 PM
oooo, I know I know http://foolstown.com/sm/ura1.gif Pick meeee!!

No bellybuttons?

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 03:28 PM
marie-eve no fair! admit you read all the mensa books during your spare time at school! :p (you put me to shame... i feel thick! Úpaisse! LOL)

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 03:36 PM
naw...:o I've heard some of these before...and the adam and eve thing -- a teacher in high school had asked us once how you would be able to tell if you met Eve, and the answer was the belly-button -- it kinda stuck with me!

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 03:37 PM
the only one I'd never heard before was the walking one (or was the answer biking?)....:o

brandynva
December 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Meb, you are right. I liked that one, it was fun. I can't think of any others right now. But what a fun thread TD!

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 07:07 PM
marie-eve, the girl was walking :p

more?

1- A husband coming home hears his wife call "Bill, don't kill me!".
He walks in and finds his wife dead. Inside are a postman, a doctor,
and a lawyer. The husband immediately knows the postman killed his
wife.

2- A man was going about his daily occupation when he noticed that
his shirt was torn. 15 minutes later, he was dead.

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 07:09 PM
marie-eve, the girl was walking :p

more?

1- A husband coming home hears his wife call "Bill, don't kill me!".
He walks in and finds his wife dead. Inside are a postman, a doctor,
and a lawyer. The husband immediately knows the postman killed his
wife.

the lawyer and the doctor were also dead?

Prin
December 8th, 2006, 07:19 PM
No, it's always the postman.. Those angry postmen. :D (My man's dad is a mailman :D)

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 07:21 PM
he he he! "he went postal" :D

marie-eve, nope...

TeriM
December 8th, 2006, 07:38 PM
The postman's name is Bill.

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 07:45 PM
yes. but how did the husband know he was the murderer, and not one of the other two? :shrug:

TeriM
December 8th, 2006, 07:47 PM
The other two were female (ie would not be named Bill).

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM
bravo! :highfive:

how about the other one... :D

2- A man was going about his daily occupation when he noticed that
his shirt was torn. 15 minutes later, he was dead.

TeriM
December 8th, 2006, 07:52 PM
His occupation was bull fighter

Prin
December 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM
lol or a vet tech.:D

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 07:59 PM
nope! keep guessing! :D

Prin
December 8th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Oh, isn't he a stuntman or something?

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 08:02 PM
..... no ..... :o

Puppyluv
December 8th, 2006, 08:13 PM
an astronaut.

Prin
December 8th, 2006, 08:14 PM
ahhh good one.:thumbs up

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 08:15 PM
yes! :highfive: to puppyluv! :p

anyone else want to post one, so i can stumble around with the wrong answers? LOL :D

meb999
December 8th, 2006, 09:29 PM
ok, well...I don't remember the wording of it.....or even if it's a puzzle or a true story...my brain is a little mushy tonight!!

a man is found dead in a forest. He's wearing his entire scuba diving gear.

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 09:39 PM
awe i heard that one before, so i know the answer :D but if anyone else wants a shot... i'll stand back. it's a GOOD one! :crazy:

hazelrunpack
December 8th, 2006, 09:43 PM
oy... it's too late at night now... brain still hurts... this thread is torture! :eek: it feels like it's been picked up in one of those fire-fighting water-dumping helicopters and dropped on a forest fire

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 09:49 PM
hazel gets the cookie! :crazy:

hazelrunpack
December 8th, 2006, 09:51 PM
ooo, please...not so loud! Did someone say "cookie"!?:D

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 10:01 PM
yes. cookie. http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/essen/Iwantcookies2.gif

hazelrunpack
December 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM
YUM :D It would be very good if it came with a little chocolate ice cream on the side.... Yes... That would definitely make my head all better. Please?! :D

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 10:17 PM
will this do? :)

http://www.pillsbury.com/images/recipes/beautyshots/r16405fp.jpg

hazelrunpack
December 8th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Oh, ya, thanks!! That'll do very nicely *sounds of drool dripping on the counter*

Prin
December 8th, 2006, 11:36 PM
oo I have one! I'm making it up as I go, so pardon the rudementary structure and any potential flaws... :D

Ok...

I come around in the late spring.
Also near the end of summer.
Again around the holidays.
Once again around the end of February and the beginning of March.
And sometimes I just pop up wherever and whenever I please.

Who am I?

hazelrunpack
December 8th, 2006, 11:40 PM
oo I have one! I'm making it up as I go, so pardon the rudementary structure and any potential flaws... :D

Ok...

I come around in the late spring.
Also near the end of summer.
Again around the holidays.
Once again around the end of February and the beginning of March.
And sometimes I just pop up wherever and whenever I please.

Who am I?

A hairball?

Prin
December 8th, 2006, 11:40 PM
oo good answer, but no.:D

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Full moon?

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Nope. Ooo I didn't realize it was so hard! :evil:

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Tax installments :D ?

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 12:10 AM
no... Ok, a hint. It's board related...

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:12 AM
LOL Bad phone lines?

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 12:13 AM
... and it affects EVERYBODY.:D

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:15 AM
The pets.ca contest? :shrug:

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 12:17 AM
nope. Tell me when you give up eh? I figured it was obvious with what has been going on here with the holidays approaching..

Stacer
December 9th, 2006, 12:19 AM
photo challenges?

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 12:20 AM
LOL no.. Ok.. It's a bad thing.

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Trolls?

New puppies?

People dumping pets?

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:22 AM
LOL no.. Ok.. It's a bad thing.

trolls? :shrug:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:22 AM
dandruff? I give up! What?!

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 12:24 AM
trolls? :shrug:

Hey!! You both got it! :highfive: Yep, those are the troll seasons I've noticed... :o

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 12:25 AM
OK, new one.

Doctor says to lawyer We were born on the same year, month, day, and minute. We were born in the same hospital, hospital room and we have the same 2 parents. We are not twins and we have no brothers. Explain this.

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 12:27 AM
He's looking in a career changing mirror?

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 12:28 AM
LOL. Nope, wishful thinking Prin?

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:31 AM
They're gurls...

edit: fraternal twin sisters (to be a bit more specific)

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Here's a really old one.

A man walks into the jail and says he wants to visit an inmate. The guard informs him that only relatives are allowed to visit and asks the man how he is related to the man in jail.

The man replies, "Brothers and sisters, I have none; but that man's father is my father's son".

How are the two related?

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 12:37 AM
They're gurls...

edit: fraternal twin sisters (to be a bit more specific)

Nope, read again. They are not twins.

Stacer
December 9th, 2006, 12:42 AM
the guy in jail is the other guy's nephew

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Nope, read again. They are not twins.

oh, crap...yes they're not :D hmmm....I think my brain is starting to hurt again

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:44 AM
the guy in jail is the other guy's nephew

nope but that was my guess the first time, too...

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:45 AM
OK, new one.

Doctor says to lawyer We were born on the same year, month, day, and minute. We were born in the same hospital, hospital room and we have the same 2 parents. We are not twins and we have no brothers. Explain this.

LOL This isn't a multiple personality joke, is it? cuz madame hazel will be much displeased! :eek:

Stacer
December 9th, 2006, 12:47 AM
i have to be right, I made diagrams *throws diagrams*

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:49 AM
i have to be right, I made diagrams *throws diagrams*

Can't be a nephew because the visitor has no brothers or sisters.

my next guess was grandnephew twice removed, but it was just a stab in the dark :D

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:50 AM
TeriM you better give us the answer before I go to bed or my head will explode before morning!

Stacer
December 9th, 2006, 12:51 AM
oh yeah no brothers or sisters
maybe adoptive brother's son=nephew, but not by blood

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:54 AM
oh yeah no brothers or sisters
maybe adoptive brother's son=nephew, but not by blood

Good guess!!! .... But no. :D

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM
LOL This isn't a multiple personality joke, is it? cuz madame hazel will be much displeased! :eek:

Hazel, you were close with the twin thing.

Stacer
December 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM
is he a priest?

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:59 AM
is he a priest?

here's a big hint... I doubt it. He has a son.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Hazel, you were close with the twin thing.

urm...one was a boy and one was a girl? But then one would have a brother...but not 'brothers'... hmmmm mumble mumble and my connection is beginning to degrade so now I'll never know :yell: WAAAHHHHHHH

Stacer
December 9th, 2006, 01:06 AM
i hate it when the answer is so obvious. He is the father of the guy in jail. therefore his father is the father of the jailed man.

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Triplets that have a sister.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Triplets that have a sister.

oy....so close...

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 01:17 AM
i hate it when the answer is so obvious. He is the father of the guy in jail. therefore his father is the father of the jailed man.

Now I remember! Have heard that one before but couldn't figure it out :sad: .

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 01:22 AM
yep, once you finally realize that the visitor is an only child, it follows that if the prisoner's father is the visitor's father's son, then he must be the prisoner's father. LOL Clear as mud! :thumbs up

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 03:04 AM
OK, new one.

I still don't get how the sister comes into it... Why not just girl triplets?

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 11:13 AM
just... woke... up... shouldn't have peeked into this thread before my 2nd coffee.... (sneaks back out)

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 12:56 PM
just... woke... up... shouldn't have peeked into this thread before my 2nd coffee.... (sneaks back out)

LOL...that's how I felt most of the day yesterday... But you're safe...no unanswered riddles or conundrums right now... unless I missed one !!! :eek:
*sneaks out without looking around*

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 12:59 PM
A man lives on the twelfth floor of an apartment building. Every morning he takes the elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building. In the evening, he gets into the elevator, and, if there is someone else in the elevator -- or if it was raining that day -- he goes back to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the tenth floor and walks up two flights of stairs to his apartment.

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 01:03 PM
He lives in Habitat 67, where the elevators only work when water helps with conducting power to them.:evil:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 01:06 PM
A man lives on the twelfth floor of an apartment building. Every morning he takes the elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building. In the evening, he gets into the elevator, and, if there is someone else in the elevator -- or if it was raining that day -- he goes back to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the tenth floor and walks up two flights of stairs to his apartment.

*nervous giggling* That's very nice, meb... *more nervous giggling and the sound of yet another cup of coffee pouring* So the question is....? The easy answer is "Sounds normal to me!" LOL *sound of coffee cup breaking as it slips out of caffeine-jittery fingers and smashes on the floor*

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 01:09 PM
He lives in Habitat 67, where the elevators only work when water helps with conducting power to them.:evil:

nope...but a good try :D

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 01:21 PM
He has a secret hot hydrophobic lover on the 10th floor...but since she's afraid of water, he can't visit her on rainy days, and if someone is in the elevator and they want the affair to be secret, he can't visit her then, either... *frenetic coffee-slurping sounds ... nervous tap of fingernails on countertop*

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 01:22 PM
by the way, meb...I can really relate to your sig today... :D

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I still don't get how the sister comes into it... Why not just girl triplets?

LOL, good point. It was late :D .

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 01:28 PM
He lives in the penthouse and has to use the elevator only in the locked mode to get to his floor.

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Never mind, read it again and my answer doesn't make sense.

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 02:23 PM
He has a secret hot hydrophobic lover on the 10th floor...but since she's afraid of water, he can't visit her on rainy days, and if someone is in the elevator and they want the affair to be secret, he can't visit her then, either... *frenetic coffee-slurping sounds ... nervous tap of fingernails on countertop*

I like it...but no....

here's a hint : it has to do with the guy....he sometimes CAN'T go all the way up to the 12th floor...unless someone else is in the elevator, or unless he has an umbrella.....

Skryker
December 9th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Ah! Now I remember this one. Got it! He's in a wheel chair or is so short he can't reach the 12 button without help.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 02:48 PM
oh, I liked my version much better... :frustrated: LOL

Skryker
December 9th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Here's one:

You go to a small town and need a haircut. There are 2 barbers in town-one has a good haircut and the other has a terrible haircut. Which barber do you go to? (Assuming you want a good haircut, that is. ;) ).

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 02:53 PM
you go to the barber with the BAD haircut because he's the one who did the other (good haircut) barber's hair. so since the good hair-barber has good hair...well you wanna go see the guy who did it....

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Ah! Now I remember this one. Got it! He's in a wheel chair or is so short he can't reach the 12 button without help.

Well, he must just be short cuz if he were in a wheel chair, how could he walk up the last two flights? :shrug:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 02:56 PM
okay, here I am still mulling over the elevator one and you guys have just moved on through :frustrated:

LOL :D

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 02:59 PM
the first one is because the guy is a little person, so he can go down the elevator no problem. But he can't reach the 12 button, so the only time he can go all the way up to his 12th floor is when someone else is in there to push the button for him or when he has an umbrella to push the button

Skryker
December 9th, 2006, 03:00 PM
you go to the barber with the good haircut because he had it done by the other barber....

Think that through again MEB...

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Think that through again MEB...

LOL! I JUST was editing my post when you wrote this!! :o

Skryker
December 9th, 2006, 03:03 PM
:thumbs up It seems illogical to go to a barber with a bad haircut, but-there it is. :D

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 03:04 PM
LOL! I JUST was editing my post when you wrote this!! :o

whew! oh, good! Cuz otherwise I would have found myself totally lost again... (how do you find something that's totally lost?!?)

Skryker
December 9th, 2006, 03:07 PM
whew! oh, good! Cuz otherwise I would have found myself totally lost again... (how do you find something that's totally lost?!?)

You, like, totally find it, dude!!!

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Frenchy
December 9th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Guess why I'm keeping out of this thread :D

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 04:22 PM
hmm... you are out of wine? :D

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 04:22 PM
find what?!? :confused:

Just joshing...I'm not quite that bad....yet.... :D

Frenchy
December 9th, 2006, 04:27 PM
hmm... you are out of wine? :D

I haven't started yet :D I'm not englishy enough yet to try to find the answers. Wouldn't want to give you all a chance of laughing at me...again ! :mad: :p Maybe later :rolleyes:

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 05:50 PM
ok, one more :

A man gets onto an elevator. When the elevator stops, he knows his wife is dead.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM
ok, one more :

A man gets onto an elevator. When the elevator stops, he knows his wife is dead.

She was dead before he got into the elevator? She was under the elevator and it went into freefall...*no, then he'd be dead, too*? He's psychic? :crazy:

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 06:13 PM
nope!! :D :D

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 06:16 PM
nope!! :D :D

sigh...I was pretty sure you were gonna say that... :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 06:18 PM
She had a scarf tied around her neck and it got stuck in the elevator door when he left? ( Ok....I got no clue...I think I saw that in an old MONK episode!)

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 06:50 PM
ok...here's a hint : the elevator stopped because of a power failure

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 06:57 PM
his wife was on a respirator and nobody knew about it? he was trapped in the elevator and couldn't call 911 to help her? :confused:

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 07:14 PM
his wife was on a respirator and nobody knew about it?

DING DING DING!! We HAVE a winner! The elevator is in a hospital and his wife is on a respirator.

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 07:42 PM
:frustrated: but that doesn't make any sense. hospitals have back-up generators for situations like this!

i say the wife was at home and they lived in a high-rise :D

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 07:47 PM
There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is Five Feet ten inches, and he wears size 13 sneakers. He has a wife and 2 kids. What does he weigh?

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 07:52 PM
clue: what does he weigh... and not how much does he weigh :D

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Awww, no hints so fast :p .

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 08:19 PM
he weighs meat!! thanks techno :D

A body is discovered in a park in Chicago in the middle of summer. It has a fractured skull and many other broken bones, but the cause of death was hypothermia

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Fell out of a plane?

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Wooo, you guys are smart!! That's it -- the guy stowed away in the landing gear because he couldn't afford a ticket...then died of hypothermia and fell out when the plane opened it's landing gear :thumbs up

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM
two cookies for the person who cracks this one:

What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion or politics, agree is between heaven and earth?

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
clouds? :shrug:

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 09:07 PM
not even! LOL :p

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM
the word AND :D ;)

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I don't know... :yell: :(

meb999
December 9th, 2006, 09:49 PM
air? http://foolstown.com/sm/thk.gif

Prin
December 9th, 2006, 10:08 PM
that obvious?:confused:

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 10:31 PM
the word AND

:D you are too smart for your own good, young lady! you're not cheating, are you? :confused: :D

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Anthony and Cleopatra are lying dead on the floor of a villa in Egypt. Nearby is a broken bowl. There is no mark on either of their bodies and they were not poisoned. How did they die?

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Dropped the bowl full of liquid and then slipped and fell. Hit their heads.

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 10:59 PM
no.... no mark on the bodies... try again :D

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 11:00 PM
old age?

In their sleep?

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 11:02 PM
They were very very old and sharing a bowl of popcorn. They both died of natural causes all at once, just after they finished the popcorn. When they fell, the bowl broke. Mice licked all the remaining crumbs and butter out of it.

There ya go. :D That's just gotta be right...I know it!

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 11:04 PM
hmmmm...wait a minute! This can't be true! I'm pretty sure that in real life, Tony and Cleo didn't die together! :eek:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Aha! Anthony and Cleopatra were goldfish!!!! YES! that's gotta be right! I'm sure of it! :D

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 11:11 PM
OOhhh, good one hazel, I bet you're right!!

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 11:15 PM
wow hazel! you're on fire tonight! :D :highfive:

A boy enters a room that is filled with adults. He is told by a man that the court has found that his parents have neglected & abused him, & he will be placed in foster care. However, the boy sleeps in the same house with his parents that night & several nights after that. No further mention is made of his move to foster care. Why?

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Because once again the system failed? :frustrated: sorry...haven't seen a lot of good things coming out of that particular dept for a while....

TeriM
December 9th, 2006, 11:27 PM
OK, that one has me stumped.

technodoll
December 9th, 2006, 11:32 PM
let's see marie-eve pop in with the answer :D

TeriM
December 10th, 2006, 12:11 AM
The man lied.

It was a kangaroo court?

He was playing a video game?

Prin
December 10th, 2006, 12:15 AM
That man is the one who was abused.:cool:

TeriM
December 10th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I thought that too but then it said no more mention made of his move.

Prin
December 10th, 2006, 12:30 AM
No because the man is an adult, so he's out of foster care... :o

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 12:32 AM
still no dice... keep guessing! :crazy:

meb999
December 10th, 2006, 01:30 PM
child protective services suck, and there's no room in foster care?

he's dreaming?

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 04:20 PM
nope... do you want the answer, or keep guessing? :crazy:

papillonmama
December 10th, 2006, 04:45 PM
The room full of adults wasn't a courtroom, the adults were explaining why they had to kidnap him.

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 04:52 PM
:D no, but it all sounds good! :p

answer: the kid was an actor on a film set :D

meb999
December 10th, 2006, 06:58 PM
oooo, that's a HARD one!!! :D

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 07:12 PM
yeah, well! all the others seemed too easy, LOL!

(easy for you guys... i didn't even try to guess the answers) :eek:

meb999
December 10th, 2006, 07:16 PM
ok, here's another puzzle :

How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come right back to you? Keep in mind that the ball does not hit anything, there's nothing attached to it and no one else catches it and throws it back.

Hunter's_owner
December 10th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Throw it up in the air...

meb999
December 10th, 2006, 07:20 PM
smarty-pants!

Hunter's_owner
December 10th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Hey...come on now, you got all the others;)

meb999
December 10th, 2006, 07:26 PM
ok, another :

One day, two fathers and two sons went shopping for fishing poles. Their shopping spree was successful. Each bought a fishing pole and all together they had three fishing poles. How is this possible?

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 07:27 PM
ooooooh i know! i know!

one grandpa, one dad, one young boy! :crazy:

meb999
December 10th, 2006, 07:29 PM
woohoo! ok, techno -- you're a smarty-pants too :D :thumbs up

Hunter's_owner
December 10th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Yay Techno:highfive:

technodoll
December 10th, 2006, 07:35 PM