Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Umm? WT??

erykah1310
December 7th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Is it normal for a neutered male and a spayed female all of a sudden wanting to "play"???? Cause I was on the floor with Puppy playing with his chewie pup with him and he "hopped" up after a lot of growling at me and teethies and what not, hobbled to Kita gurl and started a bit of a XXX rated motion in mid air around her. He hasnt stopped following her around and grunting, she is getting Peeved! I had to put her in the puter room for a bit cause he is losing his freaken mind:shrug:
They have lived together for over a year now and he has never done anything like this before....

technodoll
December 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
check your girl for any kind of discharge, males sometimes confuse an infection for "smell of heat" - sometimes it's not even discernable to our eyes or noses, but the boys smell it. my bet, judging from your post, is that your girl has a... erm... some kind of yeast infection. but i'm just guessing here! :o

erykah1310
December 7th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks TD, i'll check it out... I hope not though...:fingerscr :pray: Its been so long now since she has any kind of yeast infection. I'll let you know in a bit.

technodoll
December 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM
doesn't mean she has anything, or that it's serious (just like with us wimmin... most clear up on their own!). but it's a thought, might explain the sudden change in behavior :o

erykah1310
December 7th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Im not seeing anything, but im not "getting right up in there" if ya know what i mean... There is no obvious discharge or anything, everything looks normal :shrug: I'll keep an eye though.

hazelrunpack
December 8th, 2006, 10:31 AM
We have similar...um...incidents. It usually involves Ember following Lil Belle around and trying to ... um... get romantic. It's so wrong though, in so many ways...

They're brother and sister....they're both neutered...and he always ends up trying to hump her head... Go figure :shrug:

They're best friends anyway...:D

erykah1310
December 8th, 2006, 02:09 PM
K im fully certain that is not just "romance" Puppy is looking for, samething again today, as soon as kita came out of my bedroom and went downstairs Puppy was after with his morning legs and all ( very wobbly first thing in the morning.)
Maybe time for a quick call to the vet and see what they have to say huh?
So weird, Meik isnt acting this way , just Puppy? Kita is NOT impressed at all!

technodoll
December 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
i wouldn't worry... last month maika's best buddy byron wouldn,t stop sniffing and licking her "girl spot", he kept trying to mount her, even dakotah went sniffing there - very unusual behavior for the boys who never do such things with her (she is very spayed, LOL). it lasted a couple of days and went away. during that time i noticed she was licking herself there too, there was no discharge or smell or change in urine or anything. my guess is there was a little infection going on that cleared up on its own, the boys thought it smelled nice :eek: :yuck: :o

erykah1310
December 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I did some figuring just now, and IF kita had never been spayed she would have been just coming out of season right now, maybe there is still some hormoney ( thats a good word for today) things going on??? She had 3 heat cycles before she was spayed ( IM a bad mommy I know, but funds were really tight at the time, she was caught the last time and that is why it didnt matter how tight money was, we didnt want her having pups so she was spayed a week after her cycle finished.)

Frenchy
December 8th, 2006, 07:39 PM
and he always ends up trying to hump her head... Go figure :shrug:

:offtopic: Molly humps everybody's head here ! :shrug:

LM1313
December 8th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I think I read something once about a dog where they didn't get "all of it" out when they spayed a dog, so although she was infertile she still had the hormones . . . I could be wrong, though. You might ask your vet.

jiorji
December 8th, 2006, 09:37 PM
They're brother and sister....they're both neutered...and he always ends up trying to hump her head... Go figure :shrug:

sigh ...men! they don't always know where it goes.:eek: lol