Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My first post is a sad post.

dabigmandan
December 7th, 2006, 04:34 PM
This is my first time posting and I'm really kinda sad about it. My 3 year old rottwieller Bailey is having some trouble with his front right leg. He was fine last night then this morning when I went to the backyard where he stays, he was limping quite heavily and only putting that paw down when he needed to. He wasn't crying or anything and I saw no swelling. I did a thorough inspection of his paw and I see no cuts or abrasions anywhere. He is still quite happy. I am not sure what's going on with him. He still does everything else he usually does, he even tries to run but is limping heavily while he is doing so. Will this sort of thing heal on its own? Its been approximately 6 hours since I noticed it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Prin
December 7th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Only a vet can really help you in this situation. We can't diagnose things like this over the net.:shrug:

dabigmandan
December 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I will see how he is doing tomorrow. Has anybody ever experienced this with their dog?

brandynva
December 7th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Our dog just did the same thing. We took her to the vet and she had x-rays, which is what I highly recommend. There was nothing visibly wrong, but she must've pulled a muscle or something. We did wait a day since there was nothing obvious, but if your dog doesn't improve, she definetly should see a vet.

rainbow
December 7th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I agree. My lab was limping and trying to keep the weight off his back leg. We had xrays done and he has a cruciate ligament injury which will require surgery. I highly recommend you see your vet if Bailey doesn't improve.

Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr

Dragonfly
December 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
We can not diagnose your dog over the internet. The symptoms you describe could be anything from a pulled muscle to cancer so a vet visit is in order.

Please let us know what the vet says.